Madonna onstage with Maluma in Medellín April 30

PlasticLimbo

I don't think there's anything wrong with Madonna. But I do think there's something wrong with our expectations of her. She's 63 years old, not 33, so obviously she won't be vogueing the house down anymore and perhaps she can't be bothered anymore with doing things perfectly. It was just a guest appearance, nothing more.

2 minutes ago, MadameX said:

The reason the audience hears the sound is good because they hear the pre-recorded thing, and those who watched the streaming video heard the real Madonna's live voice overlapping the pre-recording.

i know. it’s not pre-recorded though, as in she didn’t record new pseudo live vocals for this performance to lip-sync to. she sings over her original studio recordings which in combination sound well in the space of a stadium but don’t when directly fed to a televised audience.

1 minute ago, nodoman said:

i know. it’s not pre-recorded though, as in she didn’t record new pseudo live vocals for this performance to lip-sync to. she sings over her original studio recordings which in combination sound well in the space of a stadium but don’t when directly fed to a televised audience.

Original studio vocals are still prerecorded vocals in terms of live concert sound production… you’re confusing pre-recorded (any vocals not generated live on stage) with re-recorded (vocals that are used to trick the audience into believing they are live vocals). Pre-recorded vocals can be brand new, or decades old. 

3 minutes ago, MadameX said:

At this very moment, the most important question of all is probably popping up in the minds of Madonna's sincere fans.

Madonna will get rid of that ugly, huge fake ass someday?

Or

she'll carry that huge fake ass with her till she dies?

I believe it will stay & gets a little bigger... 😔😑😔😢 I felt embarrassed watching her. When she sat on top of Maluma. Poor guy. 😔

There seems to be a rotten core to this "community". People who think it's ok to comment on a woman's body.  People who think it's ok to accuse a person of being an addict with very little evidence.  People who think it's ok to claim that someone is so sick that they are going to die soon.

It's 2022. Wake up

6 minutes ago, Jet said:

It was kinda like the arsenio hall show thing she did with Anthony Keidis, erratic, all over the place but without the charm. She needs to get back into it fully committed or just take it easy and not try the big routines anymore. Maybe the rehearsals went well and it was just nerves and once she forgot her words and missed her cue it kinda f’d her up. I love her forever and will defend her to the death but because she set the bar so high for herself I really feel for her after this performance and hope she won’t attempt another until she’s properly got everything together. Also…someone get her a new hairdresser!

As long as she keeps the drinking thing + that huge pillow it won't happen. 

2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Excuse me, but I have the impression that those who try to justify her saying she hasn't rehearsed enough or she hasn't a proper backing track or she was nervous are offending her more than the critical fans, because they treat her as a beginner at her first performance. Do you really think that she's not experienced enough to remember the lyrics and cues to Music, one of the songs she has performed the most live in these past 20 years?

Totally right... I mean she's MADONNA... 

That was quite something to wake up to on a Sunday.. nice instrumental arrangement on Medellin tho.

However, I'm sure when she's ready to go back out with whatever her next project is, in front of her own audience, it won't be as much of a clown car into a dumpster fire as this--so I'm not too worried.

9 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Excuse me, but I have the impression that those who try to justify her saying she hasn't rehearsed enough or she hasn't a proper backing track or she was nervous are offending her more than the critical fans, because they treat her as a beginner at her first performance. Do you really think that she's not experienced enough to remember the lyrics and cues to Music, one of the songs she has performed the most live in these past 20 years?

7DYy.gif

14 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Yeah, but she's a human being too. And s**t happens. We don't know if it was her in-ear sound, the nerves (this was her first HUGE performance in front of a stadium audience since... 2012??), or simply her age. Or all at the same time.

I'm not justifying her. She's had better performances, that's for sure. But I just see a 63-year old woman, who probably could have rehearsed more for this, doing her thing and refusing to play the game to please everyone. The easiest thing for her would be covering from head to toe and having a nice hairstyle and signing a slow song, standing or seated. But she, being Madonna, chooses the opposite and it's going to be harder and harder the older she gets, but it's her choice.

I think this Madonna, as hard as it can be to see her aging in front of our eyes (cause it reminds us of our own aging too? Wink wink) is a natural evolution of who she's always been (except the Ritchie years, where she wasn't really being herself), and I totally respect her for that, even if she's gonna have the whole world - and sadly her fans too - against her from now on.

4 minutes ago, mikenmark said:

There seems to be a rotten core to this "community". People who think it's ok to comment on a woman's body.  People who think it's ok to accuse a person of being an addict with very little evidence.  People who think it's ok to claim that someone is so sick that they are going to die soon.

It's 2022. Wake up

Well, it's 2022 wake up dear... Most comments refers to her butt implants so it's not related to her natural body or weight or anything. 

And let's be real & stop this bullshit, MADONNA is a performar & since the beginning of her career she DANCE before sing, if she really want to do this she MUST get back in shape or just stay away from stage unless she wants to do a Lizzo direction.

20 minutes ago, scion said:

Original studio vocals are still prerecorded vocals in terms of live concert sound production… you’re confusing pre-recorded (any vocals not generated live on stage) with re-recorded (vocals that are used to trick the audience into believing they are live vocals). Pre-recorded vocals can be brand new, or decades old. 

touché

6 minutes ago, Fontainebleau said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with Madonna. But I do think there's something wrong with our expectations of her. She's 63 years old, not 33, so obviously she won't be vogueing the house down anymore and perhaps she can't be bothered anymore with doing things perfectly. It was just a guest appearance, nothing more.

You really don't think that there's anything wrong with Madonna? Really? And suddenly that's our fault now?  I mean, seriously?

Yes, you're absolutely right about just one thing. Madonna is 63 years old, She's not 33. But real problem is obviously she's the one acting like 33 years old. not her fans. 

Of course, fans' expectations of her are bound to be higher than for those of an ordinary grandmother. It's because Madonna was Mega pop star until few years ago, and she is constantly acts like she's still a slim, beautiful, sexy 33-year-old woman on Instagram every day.

Do you know what's most crucially sad? Madonna's performance tonight was worse than just an ordinary 63-year-old amateur grandmother. The cruel truth makes fans sad above all else.

It's like she's been woken up after a long time and asked to perform out of nowhere. There's still amazing things she could do even at that age but she'll reduce them to glorifying a culture that only teenagers could appreciate. We cannot always congratulate her for trying. Cause this ain't trying much. 

10 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Well, it's 2022 wake up dear... Most comments refers to her butt implants so it's not related to her natural body or weight or anything. 

And let's be real & stop this bullshit, MADONNA is a performar & since the beginning of her career she DANCE before sing, if she really want to do this she MUST get back in shape or just stay away from stage unless she wants to do a Lizzo direction.

Why does it make a difference to you?

Isn't the quote "if you don't like my ass, you can kiss it"

• Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic