Madonna onstage with Maluma in Medellín April 30

PlasticLimbo

3 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

It's like she's been woken up after a long time and asked to perform out of nowhere. There's still amazing things she could do even at that age but she'll reduce them to glorifying a culture that only teenagers could appreciate. We cannot always congratulate her for trying. Cause this ain't trying much. 

True, she's obsessed with youth. I keep saying she herself is an ageism queen. 

20 minutes ago, mikenmark said:

There seems to be a rotten core to this "community". People who think it's ok to comment on a woman's body.  People who think it's ok to accuse a person of being an addict with very little evidence.  People who think it's ok to claim that someone is so sick that they are going to die soon.

It's 2022. Wake up

I wish you success in trying to change the world, I hope you succeed.

37 minutes ago, Fontainebleau said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with Madonna. But I do think there's something wrong with our expectations of her. She's 63 years old, not 33, so obviously she won't be vogueing the house down anymore and perhaps she can't be bothered anymore with doing things perfectly. It was just a guest appearance, nothing more.

+1 

2 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Oh I see you commenting about her age that's ageism, it's 2022 wake up. 😮

In this case it's about lived life experiences.  As a middle aged person, I can't do half the things I did at twenty.  I look forward to the next 20 and wonder how poor my mobility will be then. 

19 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But she, being Madonna, chooses the opposite and it's going to be harder and harder the older she gets, but it's her choice.

True, but if the choice she makes is not successful she will also pay the consequences.

She can decide to perform Music but if it's not working she needs to take another direction. Not for us, for her. This doesn't mean she has to sit and sing You'll see.

For instance, I think that a duet of Soltera would have worked better, because Maluma did nothing during Music and she was left alone in a song that needs something else (more dancing or more dancers).

29 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Excuse me, but I have the impression that those who try to justify her saying she hasn't rehearsed enough or she hasn't a proper backing track or she was nervous are offending her more than the critical fans, because they treat her as a beginner at her first performance. Do you really think that she's not experienced enough to remember the lyrics and cues to Music, one of the songs she has performed the most live in these past 20 years?

I rather think that Madonna perhaps values more those comments from those trying to find a justification for tonight's bumpy performance than those who express that it is the end of her career without giving her a chance to rectify.

5 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I rather think that Madonna perhaps values more those comments from those trying to find a justification for tonight's bumpy performance than those who express that it is the end of her career without giving her a chance to rectify.

She doesn't value any of them, I believe. It would be interesting to see what happens in her staff. What did they say about the pink dress, for instance? I think we all can agree it was not a good choice. The result is that recent performances are not going well and it's not us who can change this. On a personal level, I learnt from her to be opinionated and not a yes man.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She did a whole show and a tour, injured, three years ago. And that was also after Eurovision.

Relax. She's gonna be OK. She just's not gonna be BAT Madonna anymore.

Ironically, checking Twitter general comments about last night, the worst comments are from hardcore fans, the rest are quite positive? Legend, queen, etc. etc. General public seem to care less about comparing her to her old self that her own fans. That's quite refreshing.

What do peoples comments online have anything to do with this horrible performance? nobody gives a fuck about Madonna's music anymore anyway so people online are just positive because she was not showing her ass or french kissing Maluma. I dont see anyone online praising how great her singing or stage presence is do you? This performance will go down as one of her worst, I think its much worse than Eurovision for the simple fact that at least Eurovision she looked good and had a cool stage setup. Here she got nothing right at all.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She did a whole show and a tour, injured, three years ago. And that was also after Eurovision.

Relax. She's gonna be OK. She just's not gonna be BAT Madonna anymore. (Even Rebel Heart Tour Madonna wasn't BAT Madonna no more and that's fine).

Ironically, checking Twitter general comments about last night, the worst comments are from hardcore fans, the rest are quite positive? Legend, queen, etc. etc. General public seem to care less about comparing her to her old self that her own fans. That's quite refreshing.

She didn’t do a whole tour though did she?..… she cancelled dozens of shows, performed reduced shows every second night for the last half of the tour… and performed the entire show with her voice either pre-recorded or heavily digitised to a point where there was nothing ‘live’ about it. 

I can’t imagine her ever doing a large scale tour again… perhaps a limited show in very large venues marketed as greatest hits to draw in the crowd with <20 dates - but I can’t see her even having the draw to sell those out, not in Europe/UK/Australia anyway. 

I think there's no people in here massacres Madonna for age because it doesn't make sense, I just think that objectively it doesn't a lot of sense to defend and praise anything even when it isn't. We are talking about a wonderful artist, a woman who has given a lot and not just musically speaking, no one pretends that she dances or sings like years and years ago, as we all know that it's  human growing up not to have the same physique or body.. I also believe that a decent team would never have sent her to do this performance out of respect for the artist she was and that many of us would still like to be.

2 minutes ago, Aladdin Sane said:

What do peoples comments online have anything to do with this horrible performance? nobody gives a fuck about Madonna's music anymore anyway so people online are just positive because she was not showing her ass or french kissing Maluma. I dont see anyone online praising how great her singing or stage presence is do you?

I do, actually. I don't know if you speak/understand Spanish but most of the Latin media about last night are positive:

https://www.eltiempo.com/colombia/medellin/asi-fue-el-concierto-de-maluma-en-medellin-669025

https://www.pulzo.com/entretenimiento/madonna-concierto-maluma-videos-fotos-como-fue-su-baile-medellin-PP1382073

https://trome.pe/espectaculos/celebridades/maluma-concierto-en-vivo-medallo-en-la-casa-madonna-amazon-prime-video-music-twitch-gratis-online-youtube-noticia/

Latin Twitter too.

I get some of you don't like the performance but don't assume that only because you hated it the whole world hated too.

3 minutes ago, ma(x) said:

I think there's no people in here massacres Madonna for age because it doesn't make sense, I just think that objectively it doesn't a lot of sense to defend and praise anything even when it isn't. We are talking about a wonderful artist, a woman who has given a lot and not just musically speaking, no one pretends that she dances or sings like years and years ago, as we all know that it's  human growing up not to have the same physique or body.. I also believe that a decent team would never have sent her to do this performance out of respect for the artist she was and that many of us would still like to be.

Her team are complete imbeciles, I just want to see her put real effort into one of her projects again. Everything is so half baked and lazy with her these days.

7 minutes ago, scion said:

She didn’t do a whole tour though did she?..… she cancelled dozens of shows, performed reduced shows every second night for the last half of the tour… and performed the entire show with her voice either pre-recorded or heavily digitised to a point where there was nothing ‘live’ about it. 

Did you see the show live? I buy the "cancelled dozens of shows" part but not "there was nothing live about it", and at least in the Lisbon show I attended, she was vocally in good form. She used backing tracks and autotuned vocals in parts, yes, but others were quite stripped down and she still did a great job.

Don't rewrite history.

• Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic