Madonna onstage with Maluma in Medellín April 30

PlasticLimbo

Ok I just rewatched it. I find Medellin acceptable. The musical arrangement was strong, with real instruments, the staging was good enough. Madonna's vocals were poor, but we are used to heavy backing tracks, I don't expect any live vocals anymore. Heavy breathing at least means she is singing, and I was kinda surprised to hear her voice here and there.

Music was terrible 100%, but most of all it was a terrible choice. She can't perform a song like this without moving properly or with the help of dancers. If you need extra rehearsal for a song like that and you don't have time, well then change the song.  A middle tempo like La isla bonita would have been much better. Or Soltera where Maluma can be more present.

This shows there is no staff behind her, as confimed by the bad looks and clothes and makeup. After 40 years in this business she should know what works and what doesn't. This is the scariest aspect, she seems confused. She is not a legacy artist, she can't do Celebration MDNA. She can't even do an unplugged set with real vocals. So they have to find a new formula.

@Frank I am sorry, but if the comments are positive it's because the reviewers often have no idea (the preshow proves it) and if you have seen the full show, it was so boring that M at least gave us something to talk about. 

3 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Ok I just rewatched it. I find Medellin acceptable. The musical arrangement was strong, with real instruments, the staging was good enough. Madonna's vocals were poor, but we are used to heavy backing tracks, I don't expect any live vocals anymore. Heavy breathing at least means she is singing, and I was kinda surprised to hear her voice here and there.

Music was terrible 100%, but most of all it was a terrible choice. She can't perform a song like this without moving properly or with the help of dancers. If you need extra rehearsal for a song like that and you don't have time, well then change the song.  A middle tempo like La isla bonita would have been much better. Or Soltera where Maluma can be more present.

This shows there is no staff behind her, as confimed by the bad looks and clothes and makeup. After 40 years in this business she should know what works and what doesn't. This is the scariest aspect, she seems confused. She is not a legacy artist, she can't do Celebration MDNA. She can't even do an unplugged set with real vocals. So they have to find a new formula.

@Frank I am sorry, but if the comments are positive it's because the reviewers often have no idea (the preshow proves it) and if you have seen the full show, it was so boring that M at least gave us something to talk about. 

yes i agree with all of this this .

infact just cut music ..one number was enough ..

33 minutes ago, mdnamdma said:

destroy herself ? please dont act like what you think is facts .. its clear lola is in on whatever publicity stunt that was why the hell would she out her mother out as a drug addict .. lola likes to play the game as much as madonna now ..some fans and haters have been saying she is alcoholic for years and now she is a drug addict .. she gained weight and didnt rehearse music enough .. the end ..youll get over it 

I thought we got rid of you BeautifulKiller you’re still as obsessed and delusional as before 

5 minutes ago, Enrico said:

After 40 years in this business she should know what works and what doesn't. This is the scariest aspect, she seems confused.

This is what I said earlier! At this point, she should know how to do this with her eyes shut, team or no team! It should be in her DNA. But apparently, it isn't... 

Without her own team and hundreds of hours of grueling rehearsals, it seems she can't perform a 20yo song she probably sang at least 1000 times through her life. This is what made me saddest and worried the most. 

Ok so I did watch it. Thank god my expectations were so low.

Medellin really was ok. 
Music was the hot mess I expected. 

The unflattering styling would’ve ruined even the best performance. It’s shockingly awful. No other way to describe it. 

And yes, they should’ve just done Medellin. Music wasn’t needed. At. All. 

5 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Medellin was ok I’ve rewatched it and a few dodgy vocals but that’s ok, but nothing could save the train wreck that was music if only the performance had finished at Medellin maybe the forum would be different today. 

1 minute ago, mdnamdma said:

yes i agree with all of this this except for the unplugged part which she could do if she just kept still .. i dont think she can sing and dance anymore :(

infact just cut music ..one number was enough ..

18 minutes ago, feehgarcia said:

This is what I said earlier! At this point, she should know how to do this with her eyes shut, team or no team! It should be in her DNA. But apparently, it isn't... 

Without her own team and hundreds of hours of grueling rehearsals, it seems she can't perform a 20yo song she probably sang at least 1000 times through her life. This is what made me saddest and worried the most. 

i dont think its that she couldnt perform it , i think she just really messed up in the script .. lack of practice  and shes out of shape when was last time she took to a big stage like this ? prob nerves ..shes not fit for performances like this at the moment sadly .. she is also way too pre occupied with disturbing the peace .. way too much 

Edited by mdnamdma (see edit history)

This came from Latin America... Basically it says that if you don't like everything she does you are not a fan and you can leave her fandom... 

I'm not impressed because we lived under the communism in the most of our countries... Very totalitarian way to think from many latin fans... 

:03:

Fans like @Enrico are not "real fans" according to this memo 😂 

IMG-20220501-WA0113.jpg

14 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

This came from Latin America... Basically it says that if you don't like everything she does you are not a fan and you can leave her fandom... 

I'm not impressed because we lived under the communism in the most of our countries... Very totalitarian way to think from many latin fans... 

:03:

Fans like @Enrico are not "real fans" according to this memo 😂 

IMG-20220501-WA0113.jpg

tbf some here are clearly not fans and its odd that they thrive off the negativity they spread on fan forums .. i said what i said but its clear on this forum..ill be hated for telling the truth and busting some users but i dont care ..im just glad i am able to defend madonna against what i believe are haters who invade madonnas social media and forums .. you cant tell me that some of her obsessive haters who are fans of other artists do not come here to dwell in the negativity and spread misery about madonna while at the same time promote who they really like :) its just sad that i will prob be blacklisted , banned , removed for saying this as i am a actual madonna fan and they are allowed to stay to spread the rubbish and hate .. sad times to be a real madonna fan when we have haters posing as madonna fans on her social media and forums .. they must love it here and smile with glee at all the madonna bashing because they would not last long on other madonna fan forums 

.infact they are prob mnation rejects 

Edited by mdnamdma (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, thiagosb said:

Gucci

really ?? 

i can just imagine gaga hearing madonns is performing and ringing gucci up with her house of gucci dracula accent saying " make madonnas outfit hideous as a favour to me for me promoting your brand" 

6 minutes ago, mdnamdma said:

really ?? 

i can just imagine gaga hearing madonns is performing and ringing gucci up with her house of gucci dracula accent saying " make madonnas outfit hideous as a favour to me for me promoting your brand" 

Yeah I’m sure that’s really something Lady Gaga cares about… Lady Gaga the recent Oscar winning well respected performer and musician…. 😅

2 minutes ago, scion said:

Yeah I’m sure that’s really something Lady Gaga cares about… Lady Gaga the recent Oscar winning well respected performer and musician…. 😅

Thank you. The delusion of this member. The fan fueled hatred of Gaga and Madonna is literally so insane. Anyone who continues to incite it seems to be mentally unstable. Like get a life. Gaga has shown no ill-will towards Madonna like ever. They had very minor beef a DECADE AGO! They’ve been chill since

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Thank you. The delusion of this member. The fan fueled hatred of Gaga and Madonna is literally so insane. Anyone who continues to incite it seems to be mentally unstable. Like get a life. Gaga has shown no ill-will towards Madonna like ever. They had very minor beef a DECADE AGO! They’ve been chill 

8 minutes ago, scion said:

debatable but ok lol 

6 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Thank you. The delusion of this member. The fan fueled hatred of Gaga and Madonna is literally so insane. Anyone who continues to incite it seems to be mentally unstable. Like get a life. Gaga has shown no ill-will towards Madonna like ever. They had very minor beef a DECADE AGO! They’ve been chill since

It’s best just to ignore them they feed off a reaction 

I don't know what to say... I loved the stadium vibe, last time it was the Super Bowl 2012 if I'm not wrong. She is stealling the show somehow, all the newspapers were talking about her, sometimes more than about Maluma. 

Voice, shape, energy... that was something that she always had ups and downs at it was clear that with age it could only become worst. But I was hoping her to be smart enough to know how to adapt that, and keep going if she wanted. She doesn't look coordinated anymore, she can't find the rythm, or the cues or anything. I said some weeks ago that I was officially worried about her, and as some members here said already: I can't imagine a tour or another promotional campaing in this state. I had the same feeling with the MTV awards in September... 

I praise her way of trying to continue, her feeling young etc... But sometimes less is more. I would prefer her being happy out of social media and counting her coins than trying so hard for EVERYTHING. 

At this point I wish she retired after the last Madame X Tour night... 

• Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic