Madonna onstage with Maluma in Medellín April 30

PlasticLimbo

15 minutes ago, scion said:

Yeah I’m sure that’s really something Lady Gaga cares about… Lady Gaga the recent Oscar winning well respected performer and musician…. 😅

you been bashing madonna for years here you sad piece of shit , get another hobby like playing with faulty electric sockets 

5 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Okay Back to the topic: Music aside, I LIVEDDDD for when she started doing the Medellín choreography. I was fucking SCREAMING when she started doing the butterfly. It’s so fucking ICONIC!

I’ve always loved choreography for Madellin even the use of the whip. I do love this song and hope it stays around 

2 minutes ago, mdnamdma said:

what are you on about she danced well during medellin ..did her ass distract you ..shes just unfit that is all .. you retire from being a c..t lol

Stop replying every single opinion that is different to yours. Is tiring and sad. Go and feed your cats or something. 

15 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Stop replying every single opinion that is different to yours. Is tiring and sad. Go and feed your cats or something. 

they can starve its better to spend a half hour calling a c..nt a c..nt 

:Madonna034: ANYWAY.

I decided to rewatch it today and have to say I don't hate it as much as when i first watched it live. Guess it was also from me having high expectations and staying awake for so long just to watch her perform.

My points still stand but I feel less bitter now. I still love the arrangement of Medellin and although she looked tired in between the choreo moments and was completely off key near the end of the song (though at least she was drowned by the backing track at that point), it was still enjoyable for the most part. Definitely not at the level of the Billboard Music Awards but seeing her perform in front of so many people was exciting.

Now Music was very messy, it was probably not rehearsed as much as other users mentionned it. Maluma didn't know what to do in it (and failed to be where he was supposed to be at the end of the performance, which led to an akward moment between him and M), and Madonna overall looked ridiculous in it. Bad dancing, awful singing (especially towards the end), cringy twerking and bad choice of song. Also still not a fan of the styling in general. The hair especially doesn't fit her. Imagine if she had performed with that look instead (such a missed opportunity by the way that it was never used for a video or performance). That way she would have even matched Maluma's hair.

image.png.fc1ea7a7257bc252f49bddbc3eb90f2f.png

The dress was a choice but wasn't the worst, it's just the combination of everything. The styling didn't fit the mood of the performance at all and she made it worst by adding that winter jacket during Music.

As for the missed cues, i did believe it was because she was nervous or didn't rehearse enough or a mix of both. However people here mentionned her ear monitor being the problem for that. I generally think this is a lame excuse but noticed how at some point during Medellin, Maluma went behind Madonna and checked something around her ear/hair, so maybe there was a problem but only she knows.

So yeah not the best performance but Medellin at least balanced it out, kinda like how Shanti made the Ray of Light VMA performance slightly better. Just something else to add to the list of bad performances by Madonna. But for us fans this is not the end of the world. We've had bad performances before, but we also recently had her cover Your Song with David for Ukraine and it was great so it's not like everything she does nowadays is bad. This one just didn't work and at the end of the day I hope that she's fine in her life. It's what truly matters to me.

3 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

After all the criticism, I went to revisit her 2019 mtv live version, a ghosh, was it great! She looked amazing, and he also did, and they danced beautifully and all was perfectly and carefully done, with great taste. I was not a great fan of that era (my father died when this album came and sadly, I linked that time and the album with my suffering; ok not madonna´s fault) , but I underated this! So, this was not some long ago and far away. I think if she really wants, she can be close to that great level again. 

But dont forget that this recording was not live. It was recorded while doing rehearsals and with a fake crowd. The actual live show is on youtube with real audience

11 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

This conversation has brought up many interesting and divergent perspectives, which got me thinking further. Before I venture ahead, I’d like to clarify that this is about the one performance this thread is dedicated to. I am not critiquing Madonna’s last few years of public image in what I am about to write…

In seeing earlier that Lady Gaga was mentioned, I have a valid question for those who are in praise of or in defense of Madonna on stage last night. If it was Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Britney Spears or Katy Perry that delivered such a performance - being totally out of breath and singing off cue with a heavy autotune preset, being totally out of shape with a hugely disproportionate fake ass with side flap hanging for all to see, missing the mark multiple times, mostly ignoring the co-performer’s constant attempts to engage and lift them out of their obvious struggle, dressed in arguably the least flattering way possible with the confounding peripheral styling (hair, makeup) - would you acknowledge their mediocrity and failings?  

get a life you piss flap 

what flap are we talking about here in your disgusting hate filled shallow rant ? 

Edited by mdnamdma (see edit history)

5 hours ago, PanditaRulez said:

As I said before here in Latin America we don't have good taste with the actual music or performers, if someone dresses "sexy" and weird and "sings" some cheap reggaeton or trap then everyone will love it, that's why "artists" like Bad Bunny are successful in this part of the world that is the 3rd world... 😅😅😅

You should also include USA as another country without good musical taste since it is the rappers who lead the charts and where I find no difference between Bad Bunny and those artists: in their lyrics they promote drugs or crime and where they see women as sexual objects.

On the other hand, it is true that Latinos are not very demanding when it comes to live performances, we enjoy music and live orchestras more than seeing elaborate choreographies or impeccable dances. And we value artists more than looking at superficial details like if she had bad makeup or a horrible outfit or if she fell on the floor while dancing. That is why artists love to come to Latin America because they feel truly loved, as Madonna herself has declared.

9 minutes ago, itzjak said:

Madonna its not the only to "struggle" to sing her own song and by the way, no one is attacking jon by the way he looks or him clothes

i dont even think she sounded bad tbh 

.she just looked awkward due to weight gain and for some reason her ass looked even bigger than ever 

. i mean do you pump these things up or something because somebody needs to hide that pump 

15 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

This conversation has brought up many interesting and divergent perspectives, which got me thinking further. Before I venture ahead, I’d like to clarify that this is about the one performance this thread is dedicated to. I am not critiquing Madonna’s last few years of public image in what I am about to write…

In seeing earlier that Lady Gaga was mentioned, I have a valid question for those who are in praise of or in defense of Madonna on stage last night. If it was Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Britney Spears or Katy Perry that delivered such a performance - being totally out of breath and singing off cue with a heavy autotune preset, being totally out of shape with a hugely disproportionate fake ass with side flap hanging for all to see, missing the mark multiple times, mostly ignoring the co-performer’s constant attempts to engage and lift them out of their obvious struggle, dressed in arguably the least flattering way possible with the confounding peripheral styling (hair, makeup) - would you acknowledge their mediocrity and failings?  

You already know ❤

25 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

If they were age 63… sure. I’d probably dismiss it. Now, Madonna at any of their current ages? Yeah that would be major cause for concern because she was on top of it all at those ages. Now? I’m glad we still have her at all. She’s out her body through the ringer for almost 40 years and it’s showing. Once you slow down, the body crashes. And everything else is an extension of either trying to be young or covering weight gain or etc. So some of us are probably going to cut her some slack, and others will be more aggressive in commentary. I think that’s fair.

33 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I wouldn't pay attention to them tbh. I like to pay attention to Madonna even if her ass is twice big as it is now. I prefer a fart from her than watching Gaga. 

• Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic