Madonna onstage with Maluma in Medellín April 30

PlasticLimbo

Agree with those who sat she should have just done one song Medellin   -  she did not look like she enjoyed it compared to how say you could see the joy in her performing on many other live performances  - if she smiled once it was not when the cameras were on her.   At the end of Medellin she did not look too happy with the performance as had just messed up the timing for the end moves  - before Maluma held her hand

26 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

That’s true. And when someone has a serious drug or alcohol problem as Madonna does it’s not as simple as just telling them or trying to help them. And we are talking about someone who has had a lot of authority in their lives for 40 years now. Nobody can help her easily. Not even her kids.

I’ve always thought Madonna would turn into our generation Bette Davis. I honestly think this is that phase. 

32 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

That’s true. And when someone has a serious drug or alcohol problem as Madonna does it’s not as simple as just telling them or trying to help them. And we are talking about someone who has had a lot of authority in their lives for 40 years now. Nobody can help her easily. Not even her kids.

That is true.

But we shouldn't just let go of our hands and watch our loved ones destroy themselves. If you truly care about the person, no matter how hard and impossible it seems, we must constantly try and tell the truth so that the person can change constantly.

11 minutes ago, alanuk said:

I’ve always thought Madonna would turn into our generation Bette Davis. I honestly think this is that phase. 

Oh, really? That's interesting because I've always thought she'd be the Marlene Dietrich of our generation. I believed she would grow old to be a smart mega pop star who is mentally and physically healthy and has perfect self-care by the age of 90. But.......sigh...

23 minutes ago, MadameX said:

That is true.

But we shouldn't just let go of our hands and watch our loved ones destroy themselves. If you truly care about the person, no matter how hard and impossible it seems, we must constantly try and tell the truth so that the person can change constantly.

I agree. But we do not know what her friends and family are saying and doing. I really do not think they are just letting it go. But remember what happened with MJ. He shut out a lot people and surrounded himself with people including doctors who would just say yes to everything he wanted. When Debi commented on Madonna’s bathtub video remember that she unfollowed her for a period.

Extreme fame and wealth would make these situations even more difficult to intervene in. It also seems to give the person the freedom of a spoilt child to do whatever they please and not care about the consequences or answer to anyone.

35 minutes ago, alanuk said:

25 minutes ago, MadameX said:

Oh, really? That's interesting because I've always thought she'd be the Marlene Dietrich of our generation. I believed she would grow old to be a smart mega pop star who is mentally and physically healthy and has perfect self-care by the age of 90. But.......sigh...

Her next phase is being a great actress? Didn't see that one coming but I'm definitely ready for it.

20 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

But remember what happened with MJ. He shut out a lot people and surrounded himself with people including doctors who would just say yes to everything he wanted.

This. Lisa Marie Presley and Janet talked about this a few times.
Janet even touched this on her documentary earlier this year! Saying they totally lost access to him on the final years of his life. 

29 minutes ago, feehgarcia said:

This. Lisa Marie Presley and Janet talked about this a few times.
Janet even touched this on her documentary earlier this year! Saying they totally lost access to him on the final years of his life. 

At least Madonna’s kids are old enough to be aware pf the situation and hopefully they help her 

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

Lord. When she puts the whip thing between his legs. y'all know she was saying "I just flew in can I stay on your couch".

Sweating Jason Derulo GIF by iHeartRadio

That was hot ! They really do have chemistry I think - also I think maluma is mesmerized by her career and she prolly just think of him as meat lol  also this performance is no where near as bad as ppl are saying 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I agree. But we do not know what her friends and family are saying and doing. I really do not think they are just letting it go. But remember what happened with MJ. He shut out a lot people and surrounded himself with people including doctors who would just say yes to everything he wanted. When Debi commented on Madonna’s bathtub video remember that she unfollowed her for a period.

Extreme fame and wealth would make these situations even more difficult to intervene in. It also seems to give the person the freedom of a spoilt child to do whatever they please and not care about the consequences or answer to anyone.

Madonna did not unfollow Debi Mazar after that comment. 

3 hours ago, schumakg86 said:

Why is her solution to every performance’s faults now to grind on whatever is nearest? Stop grinding and focus on your vocals mama!

I want Madonna to slay. And this was…not slay-age. I was hoping I could blame jet lag…alas Colombia is in a close time zone to NYC.

I just don’t know. Clearly she’s done provocative performances throughout her career, but her recent fixation on thrusting and violently humping people and inanimate objects seems oddly attention seeking, even for Madonna. 

I don't know if she has an alcohol or drug problem, I really hope she does not but there is just this awful feeling that something is quite wrong with her. 

And sorry but I can't get over the desaster that was the Music performance. Missing the cue numerous times, hideous outfit, weird and seemingly improvised moves. At times Maluma even seemed distracted or confused by what she was doing. By the end he even had to remind her to get on her mark and then it looked like they almost argued about the hats, which one to keep and which to toss.

Don't sugarcoat this.

Looking at the Burberry party she was just at like a week or two ago… like why not that kinda outfit. She looked good, the hair was even braided and still looked good. I’m fine with whatever happened last night. No changing it. She usually has herself back together for a new era where there’s so much promo, events, and videos to do that she has no choice but to look anything but amazing. 

2 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

Her next phase is being a great actress? Didn't see that one coming but I'm definitely ready for it.

Of course Not! LOL What I'm talking about is a star quality who is mentally and physically healthy even though she is old because she is good at self-care.

• Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic