Madonna onstage with Maluma in Medellín April 30

11 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

This conversation has brought up many interesting and divergent perspectives, which got me thinking further. Before I venture ahead, I’d like to clarify that this is about the one performance this thread is dedicated to. I am not critiquing Madonna’s last few years of public image in what I am about to write…

In seeing earlier that Lady Gaga was mentioned, I have a valid question for those who are in praise of or in defense of Madonna on stage last night. If it was Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Britney Spears or Katy Perry that delivered such a performance - being totally out of breath and singing off cue with a heavy autotune preset, being totally out of shape with a hugely disproportionate fake ass with side flap hanging for all to see, missing the mark multiple times, mostly ignoring the co-performer’s constant attempts to engage and lift them out of their obvious struggle, dressed in arguably the least flattering way possible with the confounding peripheral styling (hair, makeup) - would you acknowledge their mediocrity and failings?  

get a life you piss flap 

what flap are we talking about here in your disgusting hate filled shallow rant ? 

Edited by mdnamdma

5 hours ago, PanditaRulez said:

As I said before here in Latin America we don't have good taste with the actual music or performers, if someone dresses "sexy" and weird and "sings" some cheap reggaeton or trap then everyone will love it, that's why "artists" like Bad Bunny are successful in this part of the world that is the 3rd world... 😅😅😅

You should also include USA as another country without good musical taste since it is the rappers who lead the charts and where I find no difference between Bad Bunny and those artists: in their lyrics they promote drugs or crime and where they see women as sexual objects.

On the other hand, it is true that Latinos are not very demanding when it comes to live performances, we enjoy music and live orchestras more than seeing elaborate choreographies or impeccable dances. And we value artists more than looking at superficial details like if she had bad makeup or a horrible outfit or if she fell on the floor while dancing. That is why artists love to come to Latin America because they feel truly loved, as Madonna herself has declared.

9 minutes ago, itzjak said:

Madonna its not the only to "struggle" to sing her own song and by the way, no one is attacking jon by the way he looks or him clothes

i dont even think she sounded bad tbh 

.she just looked awkward due to weight gain and for some reason her ass looked even bigger than ever 

. i mean do you pump these things up or something because somebody needs to hide that pump 

15 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

This conversation has brought up many interesting and divergent perspectives, which got me thinking further. Before I venture ahead, I’d like to clarify that this is about the one performance this thread is dedicated to. I am not critiquing Madonna’s last few years of public image in what I am about to write…

In seeing earlier that Lady Gaga was mentioned, I have a valid question for those who are in praise of or in defense of Madonna on stage last night. If it was Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Britney Spears or Katy Perry that delivered such a performance - being totally out of breath and singing off cue with a heavy autotune preset, being totally out of shape with a hugely disproportionate fake ass with side flap hanging for all to see, missing the mark multiple times, mostly ignoring the co-performer’s constant attempts to engage and lift them out of their obvious struggle, dressed in arguably the least flattering way possible with the confounding peripheral styling (hair, makeup) - would you acknowledge their mediocrity and failings?  

You already know ❤

25 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

If they were age 63… sure. I’d probably dismiss it. Now, Madonna at any of their current ages? Yeah that would be major cause for concern because she was on top of it all at those ages. Now? I’m glad we still have her at all. She’s out her body through the ringer for almost 40 years and it’s showing. Once you slow down, the body crashes. And everything else is an extension of either trying to be young or covering weight gain or etc. So some of us are probably going to cut her some slack, and others will be more aggressive in commentary. I think that’s fair.

33 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I wouldn't pay attention to them tbh. I like to pay attention to Madonna even if her ass is twice big as it is now. I prefer a fart from her than watching Gaga. 

30 minutes ago, itzjak said:

Madonna its not the only to "struggle" to sing her own song and by the way, no one is attacking jon by the way he looks or him clothes

That’s because he looks like he’s really trying. It sounds like crap and I’m sure he knows it - but at least it’s totally live, no tracks, no gimmicks.

Do you know what makes me the most angry and saddest?

The sycophantic ass-sucking Yes-men staff around her would have dressed her in such hideous clothes, made her do that hideous hairstyle and then praised her with insincere compliments, "Yaaaaas!! You're so beautiful in that pink dress Madonna", "Yaaaaas! you're Queen!!! M!!" "Yaaaaas, you look so young and fierce with that hair style!!" "Yaaaaas!! your ass is so sexy!!!" And then they probably laughed at her behind her back.

madonna sad moment 02.png

2 minutes ago, MadameX said:

Do you know what makes me the most angry and saddest? The sycophantic ass-sucking Yes-men staff around her would have dressed her in such hideous clothes, made her do that hideous hairstyle and then praised her with insincere compliments, "Yaaaaas!! You're so beautiful in that pink dress Madonna", "Yaaaaas! you're Queen!!! M!!" "Yaaaaas, you look so fierce in that hair style!!" "Yaaaaas!! your ass is so sexy!!!" And then they probably laughed at her behind her back.

It’s more than likely they’re all too scared to be honest out of fear of being cut out of the lavish lifestyle they have been accustomed to, cast out of the inner circle

5 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

It’s more than likely they’re all too scared to be honest out of fear of being cut out of the lavish lifestyle they have been accustomed to, cast out of the inner circle

It's a worse situation. Either way, it's clear that they're using Madonna for their own interests.

1 minute ago, MadameX said:

It's a worse situation. Either way, it's clear that they're using Madonna at the expense of their own interests.

It’s a stepping stone for their career, Unfortunately it appears to be the same as well with her boyfriends 😢

14 minutes ago, MadameX said:

Do you know what makes me the most angry and saddest?

The sycophantic ass-sucking Yes-men staff around her would have dressed her in such hideous clothes, made her do that hideous hairstyle and then praised her with insincere compliments, "Yaaaaas!! You're so beautiful in that pink dress Madonna", "Yaaaaas! you're Queen!!! M!!" "Yaaaaas, you look so young and fierce with that hair style!!" "Yaaaaas!! your ass is so sexy!!!" And then they probably laughed at her behind her back.

Nobody knows that... You guys talk like Madonna does not have a choice and is being forced by lies and yes men to make mistakes, like... really? She's not a 5 year old child.

It is very likely that she still a stubborn human being that she's have been her entire life and is saying to anybody with a critic opinion about anything :"This is how I wanna portray myself, fuck off".

• Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic