RSD 2023

drunkby6

On 5/2/2022 at 3:27 AM, thegoldencalf said:

I think if they reissue singles they should do what they did this time around and compile everything on one record.

Also it seems to me like they don’t have the 7” edits that we don’t have.

Theg snubbed the Commotion movie house edit and the Open Your Heart Remix Edit. I’m afraid we’re never gonna the edits we’re missing already

but the 7 ''edit has been published on vinyl isn't it? they should have kept the master tape, just like the extended mix and dub of Who's That Girl, which we don't have in digital

2 hours ago, TakeYaSeat said:

but the 7 ''edit has been published on vinyl isn't it? they should have kept the master tape, just like the extended mix and dub of Who's That Girl, which we don't have in digital

The extended mix of WTG has been released on 2 CDs. Only the Dub is vinyl only. 
I think either they don’t have these 7” mixes anymore or they’re just too lazy to find them. So far we only got the ones previously released on CD.

2 hours ago, TakeYaSeat said:

Personally I'd have preferred the 50#1s compilation to have been all 7" edits rather than new remixes

58 minutes ago, drunkby6 said:

I don't really need a third copy of that but good shout ;)

55 minutes ago, drunkby6 said:

Actually they could easily turn that into a quadruple vinyl set. The Fever promo cassette had some exclusive remixes on that have never been on vinyl if I remember right, they could add those too.

Yes but hopefully it would be an upgrade on heavier vinyl (dj promos were lighter) and maybe remastered <3

1 hour ago, drunkby6 said:

Personally I'd have preferred the 50#1s compilation to have been all 7" edits rather than new remixes

Why wanting things that already exists... If you want (old) remixes, they are here... Easy to grab. If there are new (good) remixes, it's so much butter. Old stuff is already there...

23 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

And for RSD 2023 - Ray Of Light was planned as a 7" single in the UK with picture sleeve (the printer proof exists) so to finally get it for the 25th anniversary would be cool - and limited to 1998 copies total 

Actually I like that.

But why not a box with all the 7" from that album. All with original covers, edits and b-sides of course. :)

I remember some guy created a suggestion for a deluxe edition for Ray Of Light, and the box he'd put the singles in was gorgeous. White with the >I< symbol in blue. :)
If that was available, I'd but it in a heartbeat. :)

13 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Actually I like that.

But why not a box with all the 7" from that album. All with original covers, edits and b-sides of course. :)

I remember some guy created a suggestion for a deluxe edition for Ray Of Light, and the box he'd put the singles in was gorgeous. White with the >I< symbol in blue. :)
If that was available, I'd but it in a heartbeat. :)

Oh yeah. Here it is.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/134394977/Madonna-Ray-of-Light-(Expanded-Box-Set)

Lose the ugly Immaculate "M" on every cover and you have a hit.

And I was mistaking. There wasn't a box, but a beautiful book that was white, but a box set could have the same design, or reversed!

1998 copies.

47 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Why wanting things that already exists... If you want (old) remixes, they are here... Easy to grab. If there are new (good) remixes, it's so much butter. Old stuff is already there...

Pretty much every single has unreleased edits that to this day remain unreleased. It would be nice to have some of them on one compilation. RSD is all about vinyl releases, not whether you can download them off the internet. Besides, if the recent Frozen remixes are anything to go by, I'd struggle to listen to a compilation of 50 new remixes more than once.

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

The label seems to be doing the RSD Releases in order, with ‘True Blue’ releases and most recently ‘Who’s That Girl’, so my guess would be ‘Remixed Prayers’ and I would be totally happy with that. 

image.jpeg.f944e43eb91d23c576ddc7868eec1125.jpeg

They still need to go back and do the Material Girl/ Angel/ Into The Groove EP as well, but I would love Remixed Prayers. Be nice if they split it though so Express Yourself remixes got their own release

10 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

The extended mix of WTG has been released on 2 CDs. Only the Dub is vinyl only. 
I think either they don’t have these 7” mixes anymore or they’re just too lazy to find them. So far we only got the ones previously released on CD.

These 7'' mixes are available in many countries (UK, Spain, Germany, etc, etc). And I'm sure these mixes are available on digital files in Warner. But Warner doesn't care about these 7'' mixes.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

These 7'' mixes are available in many countries (UK, Spain, Germany, etc, etc). And I'm sure these mixes are available on digital files in Warner. But Warner doesn't care about these 7'' mixes.

I find it weird how they care about some but not others. For example they released the True Blue edit but not Isla or Open Your Heart

6 hours ago, drunkby6 said:

They still need to go back and do the Material Girl/ Angel/ Into The Groove EP as well, but I would love Remixed Prayers. Be nice if they split it though so Express Yourself remixes got their own release

But Angel, Material Girl and Into The Groove were all included on the RSD release Dance Mix five years ago.

59 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I find it weird how they care about some but not others. For example they released the True Blue edit but not Isla or Open Your Heart

Maybe because Open Your Heart and La Isla Bonita 7'' remixes were commercially available only in Europe, not in Asia neither US (only as promo). Maybe...

12 hours ago, Celebration said:

Oh yeah. Here it is.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/134394977/Madonna-Ray-of-Light-(Expanded-Box-Set)

Lose the ugly Immaculate "M" on every cover and you have a hit.

And I was mistaking. There wasn't a box, but a beautiful book that was white, but a box set could have the same design, or reversed!

1998 copies.

Yes those are designed by my friend Bradley in New Zealand