MET Gala 2022

Andreo

I decided to create this topic to bright the atmosphere here a bit, and to chat the best looks for the event which takes place tomorrow (which also involves praying M will attend!)! :D

This year, the theme is "America: Anthology of Fashion" and I'm kinda curious for it tbh lol, so do you think M is attending? Even tho she doesn't, are you excited for someone's look? I'm honestly so hyped to see what Katy will wear, also hoping Gaga is there, what bout u? Discuss while we wait! =D 

met gala 2018 GIF by E!

Lady Gaga Phone GIF by MOODMAN

Met Gala Madonna GIF by E!

(If there are any news on links for official live stream or whatever, lemme know as well, thanks 🙏

Judging by its name, I guess the theme is all about things that made history, whether it's classic history or extremely relevant pop culture moments: so what if M ever showed up with an old legendary look of hers? Remember when last year, right before the MET she tricked us making us believe she would wear her iconic 1990 Oscar dress? 👀 That would be dope! 

42 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Judging by its name, I guess the theme is all about things that made history, whether it's classic history or extremely relevant pop culture moments: so what if M ever showed up with an old legendary look of hers? Remember when last year, right before the MET she tricked us making us believe she would wear her iconic 1990 Oscar dress? 👀 That would be dope! 

Imagine if she came with the wedding dress from Like a Virgin. Or the pink dress from Material Girl. That could also be a nod to Marilyn Monroe and would be on point if executed well :)

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Imagine if she came with the wedding dress from Like a Virgin. Or the pink dress from Material Girl. That could also be a nod to Marilyn Monroe and would be on point if executed well :)

That would be a dream 😍 

But I'm still perplexed on how she was showing us her playing with that dress the night before the last Met as if she was going to use it. What if she's really going there with the 1990 Oscar dress? 👀 

1 minute ago, Andreo said:

That would be a dream 😍 

But I'm still perplexed on how she was showing us her playing with that dress the night before the last Met as if she was going to use it. What if she's really going there with the 1990 Oscar dress? 👀 

Didn't she already reused that for the Iconic Intro backdrop on the Rebel Heart Tour? I'd rather have her wearing something that hasn't been reused already but of course that dress could be great to use, it's a beautiful one. :)

4 minutes ago, Jet said:

The gold BA like a virgin corset would be a great one to wear. Or the GS justify my love costume.

Ironically enough, Katy Perry was going to pay her tribute two years ago if only the Met Gala took place, by using the BAT corset (but enlarged as she was pregnant at the time)... Missed opportunity. 

The punk bride dress being used after almost 40 years would honestly be the most legendary thing ever...