MEGARATE: Music era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Bored with the spirituality that she showed during the Ray of Light era, which she had already exploited enough and the novelty that it generated among her fans had passed (personally I was already tired of that image) and the press, Madonna decides to launch a new disc where she seeks to return to that image of diva and Queen of the dance floors. She herself would admit it in an interview where she says that she felt trapped by the monotony (of spiritual life I suppose) and felt like an animal desperate to escape from its cage (Wikipedia), and what better way to show it than going out with her friends and ending up in a strip club (as seen in the Music video).

Music (the song) is the perfect example of how a song can reach number one: simple lyrics, innovative sounds and catchy rhythm in addition to its short duration, a formula that so far she has not managed to replicate (Candy Shop is the only one I feel which resembles Music in structure but sadly she didn't release it as a single). Too bad the rest of the songs on the album don't look anything like Music, but they're not bad for that. In addition, this album was the beginning of a productive relationship between the producer Mirwais and Madonna, who have already given us 3 albums and have fulfilled the expectations of most fans.

Edited by chaosmen1984mk (see edit history)

Just listened to it in full on very good headphones (FYI, I had to rip my CD on an old mac and put it on a USB stick, then import on my Itunes, I'm not listening to MP3's or streaming masters lol) But damn this album aged well, songs that I used to hate (RL and A) now seem quite ok filler tracks. The real surprise to me was WIFLFAG, I remember I liked it when it came out but found it a bit long and repetitive but on headphones the production is so lush and diverse. This is also one of the Mark 'Spike" Stent albums that will go down as the most exquisitly mixed and mastered.

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Music era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic