M stands up for Dave Chapelle...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do not condone people coming on stage and attacking comedians, its also interesting how cozy Madonna is with transphobic and mentally disturbed individuals like Chapelle and Kanye West. I wonder if she is partly trolling the LGTBQ Community which has largely stabbed her in the back and turned away from her these past years.

She's always stood up for freedom of speech so it's not surprising. 

The issue is that anyone who challenges, or sometimes even comments on, the extremist trans activists view is labelled a TERF, a 'Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist who want to deny the reality and existence of transgender people being the gender they truly are in their mind and heart.'

But that's certainly not the stance of JK Rowling or Dave Chapelle. Once labelled, any reasonable discussion or debate goes out the window and it just become petulant name calling. 

For me, Dave is trying to take ownership of the TERF label, similar to how gay people took ownership of the word queer, removing the sting from its tail. 

All this pearl clutching, faux outrage, guilty until proved innocent and denial of free speech needs to go back into the dark ages where it belongs. 

7 minutes ago, FameForLove said:

The issue is that anyone who challenges, or sometimes even comments on, the extremist trans activists view is labelled a TERF, a 'Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist who want to deny the reality and existence of transgender people being the gender they truly are in their mind and heart.'

But that's certainly not the stance of JK Rowling or Dave Chapelle. Once labelled, any reasonable discussion or debate goes out the window and it just become petulant name calling. 

For me, Dave is trying to take ownership of the TERF label, similar to how gay people took ownership of the word queer, removing the sting from its tail. 

All this pearl clutching, faux outrage, guilty until proved innocent and denial of free speech needs to go back into the dark ages where it belongs. 

But he said he was team TERF in his Netflix special…

36 minutes ago, Aladdin Sane said:

While I do not condone people coming onstage and attacking comedians, its also interesting how cozy Madonna is with transphobic and mentally disturbed individuals like Chapelle and Kanye West. I wonder if she is partly trolling the LGTBQ Community which has largely stabbed her in the back and turned away from her these past years.

I think "stabbed in the back" is unnecessarily harsh. Her priorities have changed somewhat over the last few years and she's moved away artistically and personally from the gay community. Similarly, the gay community has also moved on a bit from having these sort of white woman avatars. Even Gaga doesn't engage in nearly as much pandering as she once did. She's always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with her fans and I think social media (DON'T READ THE COMMENTS) has further frayed that pact. At least the dance collection is throwing us a bone, so to speak.. 

While I can understand her belief that artistic freedom of expression should remain unrestricted, it also legitimizes people who spout and exploit hate giving by-proxy credence to right-wing loons like Carlson and billionaire trolls like Musk. I personally find her Kanye worship abhorrent in that he's antithetical to basically everything she has stood for all these long years. Similarly, Chappelle is riding on the wave of transphobia sweeping the country.  I think Guy O's twitter statement expressing concern over what she might say online was not at all tongue-in-cheek and revealed something about their obviously strained relationship.  

I've had my issues with M Dolla lately, but this is one where she has my full support. The far right and far left have both dragged her forever and she will never win them over. Fuck em. I wouldn't be surprised if people start labeling her a Terf too. Let her defend one thing JK Rowling said and watch the witch hunt start. There are some things Dave has said that I disagree with and some things I agree with. But the older I get the more I don't fully agree with anyone on anything. Even Madonna. Not a fan of censorship. Or ideologies that if you disagree on one thing you are labeled "phobic" or a bigot or should be permanently silenced and receive death threats. The US Supreme Court is about to send all of us  back to the dark ages. People are going to wish they lightened up, had a little bit of a sense of humor, and stuck together more. Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, FameForLove said:

"I'd smack you upside the head !"
(c) Richard Pryor

Someone genuinely funny.

Prince wrote a gr8 song about this subject.

"talk about,
pop music"

1 minute ago, FameForLove said:

Need to work on your reading skills:

"For me, Dave is trying to take ownership of the TERF label, similar to how gay people took ownership of the word queer, removing the sting from its tail."

You need to work on your editing “skills.” You’re contradicting yourself. 

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

has there been any genuine controversy over this, or are M fans, as usual, trying to overblow the whole thing to make it seem like Madonna is as relevant as she was in the 90's?

second option. Truth is almost nobody cares what Madonna says or do besides us. It's been like that for a decade or so 

13 minutes ago, char said:

maybe it you we're trans then you would care. I don't like any abuse against any of LGBTQ community. 

Nope I wouldn't care, any more than I cared when Eddie Murphy made gay jokes in Raw. I hold the power in my own self-perception, not some comedian. And Eddie Murphy is an icon.

And if I did care, I would make the choice not to listen, as I have with many comedians who I find not to be to my taste. 

3 hours ago, artlover said:

Please no transphopia on this site thank you 

@Jackie@RUADJAIyou might need to take a look at this thread 

Dave Chappelle is not transphobic. If you think he is you are not paying attention. He was also featured in the #1 Top Movie Film Madame X Tour by Madonna. This was released AFTER all of his "transphobic" jokes.  All of this has been covered in a previous thread.

But also... don't say any transphobic shit, cuz I will ban you unless you happen to say it with the nuance and tongue in cheek humor that this world never seems to understand. (Material Girl anyone?)