Times when Madonna looked too thin

Drownedboy

Interestingly in 2008 I did not think she was too think but now revisiting the Hard Candy era, my god, was she skinny, too much I would say. Later she has looked so much nicer, and healthier. I would say in general she looks the best somewhere in the middle, for example, rebel heart era before gaining a bit of weight at some point, or American Life promo there she looked very good. 

After falling from her horse 2005, again she was very very skinny, and maybe in ROL too? 

By the way, I ´ve been replaying Hard Candy and how lovely that album was, many great pop songs there, I loved every minute of it. 

2 hours ago, Vasili said:

Expect responses such as “Madonna is not your plaything to objectify!”, or the timeless classic “Her body, her rules!”.

Yes lol I expect hard bashing for this, but on the other hand, I was shocked by this and why not discuss it here, as Madonna has always been very supported by her image and it´s a very visual artist, with a lot of atention payed to her own spectacular body and physical shape. So I thought I would discuss it as it´s my freedom of speech. I don´t think I´m being disrespectful towards her in any way. I´m just saying to me she looks healthier and prettier not so extremely thin.

Yes lol I expect hard bashing for this, but on the other hand, I was shocked by this and why not discuss it here, as Madonna has always been very supported by her image and it´s a very visual artist, with a lot of atention payed to her own spectacular body and physical shape. So I thought I would discuss it as it´s my freedom of speech. I don´t think I´m being disrespectful towards her in any way. I´m just saying she looks healthier and prettier not so extremely thin.

I agree

That was a different time. The norm and the standards was being thin for women, that was the trend, to be thin and sporty, then Kim Kardashian became the icon of the new generation, followed by celebrities like Minaj etc and being bloated from everywhere (lips, hips, booty) has become the new kind of "body to have to be cool and considered sexy. 20 years ago to be the sensation of the neighborhood a girl had to hit the gym and eat healthy now she has to gain extra weight and hit the pastic surgeon for him to take off the fat from her belly and inject it in her bum cheeks. Another era another trend...

4 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Interestingly in 2008 I did not think she was too think but now revisiting the Hard Candy era, my god, was she skinny, too much I would say. Later she has looked so much nicer, and healthier. I would say in general she looks the best somewhere in the middle, for example, rebel heart era before gaining a bit of weight at some point, or American Life promo there she looked very good. 

After falling from her horse 2005, again she was very very skinny, and maybe in ROL too? 

By the way, I ´ve been replaying Hard Candy and how lovely that album was, many great pop songs there, I loved every minute of it. 

I think 2008 was Madonna's "Annus Horribilis",and it showed.

Everything went great professionally. The new record sold like hotcakes, the stadium tour was a success and the world was her oyster.

But privately she suffered. Her marriage with Guy, whom she was crazy about,  was over, and she saw her world fall to pieces.  There's footage of her from concerts that year. Some nights she smiles when she first enters the stage, other nights there's not a hint of a smile on her face.

I think she cried herself to sleep many nights that year, and when you're that sad you lose your appetite. So she didn't eat that much. She also turned 50, and maybe she was unhappy about that too. It reminds you of your mortality...

She later said that she thanked God that she had so much work that year. It was a welcomed distraction.

So yes, she was too skinny.

2 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Everything went great professionally. The new record sold like hotcakes, the stadium tour was a success and the world was her oyster.

But privately she suffered. Her marriage with Guy, whom she was crazy about,  was over, and she saw her world fall to pieces.  There's footage of her from concerts that year. Some nights she smiles when she first enters the stage, other nights there's not a hint of a smile on her face.

I think she cried herself to sleep many nights that year, and when you're that sad you lose your appetite. So she didn't eat that much. She also turned 50, and maybe she was unhappy about that too. It reminds you of your mortality...

She later said that she thanked God that she had so much work that year. It was a welcomed distraction.

Yes. I think by 2009 she was better and it showed. 

It wasn’t necessarily that dramatic from top to bottom.
She had also been reading a book about female bodybuilders and sought out a new trainer to get her looking as ripped as possible in preparation for the S&S tour, probably to prove to the public and herself that 50 wasn’t an expiry date (and maybe live up to the ‘hard’ in Hard Candy - both album and gym franchise). The chiseled cheek implants at the time also gave her face a more gaunt, hollowed look.