Ray Of Light US Promo?

It’s not official , there are many of these  so called ‘promos’ out there which are actually fake items made to try and look like official Madonna items. People should do their homework before parting with their money. Or at least be aware if they are purchasing a bootleg or counterfeit item.

35 minutes ago, Tex20 said:

It’s not official , there are many of these  so called ‘promos’ out there which are actually fake items made to try and look like official Madonna items. People should do their homework before parting with their money. Or at least be aware if they are purchasing a bootleg or counterfeit item.

It amazes/ annoys me how many bad bootlegs make there way onto ebay these days. Especially the so-called fan made sleeves, they are just awful. A lenticular sleeved Ray of Light LP would've been nice though.

12 hours ago, Tex20 said:

Yes a lot of collectors who weren't collecting in the 80s, 90s and early 00s can be tricked if they aren't sure what was promo at the time.

I miss the days when Warner used to shut down bootlegs on eBay - the good news is they might be interested in doing it again now that she is back :)

20 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Yes a lot of collectors who weren't collecting in the 80s, 90s and early 00s can be tricked if they aren't sure what was promo at the time.

I miss the days when Warner used to shut down bootlegs on eBay - the good news is they might be interested in doing it again now that she is back :)

it makes me sad when you see the bidding frenzy over fake LP picture discs. all ebay needs to do is introduce a comments and questions section at the bottom of listings but they're not really bothered

11 minutes ago, drunkby6 said:

it makes me sad when you see the bidding frenzy over fake LP picture discs. all ebay needs to do is introduce a comments and questions section at the bottom of listings but they're not really bothered

There are people out there who love collecting bootlegs I guess and then those who are being fooled.

When I was a teenager in the early 90s, I used to buy the interview and live recordings bootleg vinyls and CDs as it was the only way to hear this stuff pre-internet. I stopped circa 1995 - I did make one exception when I bought the 2012 bootleg reproduction of the UK Erotica 12" picture disc etc otherwise I only collect official commercial and promo releases 

5 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

There are people out there who love collecting bootlegs I guess and then those who are being fooled.

When I was a teenager in the early 90s, I used to buy the interview and live recordings bootleg vinyls and CDs as it was the only way to hear this stuff pre-internet. I stopped circa 1995 - I did make one exception when I bought the 2012 bootleg reproduction of the UK Erotica 12" picture disc etc otherwise I only collect official commercial and promo releases 

I only collected the 3 erotica interview picture discs. The only other bootleg I want is the Italian Secret picture disc.