Barry Harris of Thunderpuss (Behind The Scenes) Madonna "Don't Tell Me" Remix

thank you for posting i find this kind of stuff fascinating.

i can remember vividly, putting the don't tell me remix cd in a 6 disc cd changer, it was the yellow one with the horse shoe, i was 12 years old and i would do a dance routine i made up where i cross and kick my feet l m a o o o ☠️ 

----so no paper faces it is not the worst Hunny----- 12 year old me says it 

I always wondered why there were 2 different mixes! I too hated the first one lol. It just sounded empty and unfinished. Loved the Hands in The Air Mix. Though the Vission mix was a MONSTER here in NYC.

I always assumed they were hand picked by Madonna or her A&R because of how huge they were at that time. 

The first time I actually heard of Thunderpuss was picking up a CD maxi single at Tower Records for a cover of "Live To Tell" by ~Blonde Ambition~. Back when little dance labels were doing dance covers of pop songs and the names of the artists were always a play on the original artists' names.

Everyone always points to their mix of Whitney's "It's Not Right But It's Okay" as the mix that put them on the map, and they are right. It was humongous. BUT, there wouldn't have been that mix if Hosh Guerelli hadn't heard their mix of Billy Myer's "Kiss The Rain" and commisioned them to remix Whitney. That was their real first big hit. 

Those 90's /early 00's remixes not getting any royalties is...whew....

I hope he does more of these. I loved their GHV2 megamixes and the "Vogue" mix Barry did around Rebel Heart era.  Thunderpuss was a moment in time. Whether you liked them or not, they worked with EVERYBODY and their sound is still instantly recognizable.

I absolutely hate all their remixes. Them, Tracey Young and Richard Humpty Vission made the most putrid and cheap remixes of her career. Even Calderone made two good remixes for her (Don't Tell Me & What It Feels For A Girl). I absolutely hate these cheap provincial gay clubs sound.