Spotlight on the Headcleanr remixes

Starchild

I'll be forever grateful to M and her team for having the good sense to include the following two remixes on the R&R EP.

While I'm cool with them not being included on FEL as they're not dance remixes, these are the superior ones of each, imo.

While Headcleanr would go on to produce a few remixes for other artists, very little is known about him.

Incidentally, does anybody have a copy of the remix he did for Miles Away?

I know of Water Lillies the band he was on and had a couple of albums. I don't think anything too successful. It was a indie synth sound quite similar to lots of bands at the time. They had something remixed by Junior Vasquez.

I don't think the Miles Away is a real mix by him but a 'Rock version' that was going around. It was the acappella on top of some rock tune with guitar riffs. Not as structured as his original mixes.

2 minutes ago, Vasili said:

Thanks for that info, @EgoRod.

By the way, I just checked out your Twitter. You're so talented. I'll have to consider a personal commision.

It looks like they are one of those bands that vanished without giving much info:

https://sites.google.com/site/underappreciatedrockbands/home/uarb-articles/waterlillies

I had the second album and I think a Cd single with mixes by Inner City but that's it, that was years ago.

And THANK YOU yeah anytime, you can check my shop for info prices etc

https://egorodriguezshop.com/

39 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I know of Water Lillies the band he was on and had a couple of albums. I don't think anything too successful. It was a indie synth sound quite similar to lots of bands at the time. They had something remixed by Junior Vasquez.

I don't think the Miles Away is a real mix by him but a 'Rock version' that was going around. It was the acappella on top of some rock tune with guitar riffs. Not as structured as his original mixes.

The Miles Away Headcleanr Mix is real and not FM. 

• 1 year later...