When will we get a new album?

musicinferno

We all know an album is far away since this year (and likely next year) is all about the biopic and she won't have time to record new music. With all the side projects going on, it's hard to predict when a new album will surface. 

2022/2023 they will film the movie. 

2023/2024 will be editing (we all know she will take at least a year to edit the film with a 2024 release) 

2024 Warner will push the hell out of the movie's soundtrack, making yet another GH release for her. 

2025 is when she may likely release a new album. But how will she have time until then? And how is Warner going to release all the reissues, the soundtrack, AND a new album simultaneously? 

Furthermore, I would imagine a farewell tour to come in 2025 or 2026. 

What do you predict? 

I think it’s very presumptuous to assume that timeline. We know nothing about what’s coming.

It’s a sensible timeline but... 
Movies often get delayed in production or the release date gets pushed back a lot. And when she’s inspired Madonna is able to multitask and work like hell. So there’s an equal chance of some sort of new musical project to drop at any point or not happen in the next couple of years 

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

We all know an album is far away since this year (and likely next year) is all about the biopic and she won't have time to record new music. With all the side projects going on, it's hard to predict when a new album will surface. 

2022/2023 they will film the movie. 

2023/2024 will be editing (we all know she will take at least a year to edit the film with a 2024 release) 

2024 Warner will push the hell out of the movie's soundtrack, making yet another GH release for her. 

2025 is when she may likely release a new album. But how will she have time until then? And how is Warner going to release all the reissues, the soundtrack, AND a new album simultaneously? 

Furthermore, I would imagine a farewell tour to come in 2025 or 2026. 

What do you predict? 

Supposedly allegedly she had written with Pat to have these songs ready for an album before the biopic and that she was taking them to diff producers one which was BloodOrange but he wanted to start from scratch so she was going to scap 'em. Who knows if that was true or not. I personally think she should wait until after the biopic, hopefully it'll help with interest in it although she will be in her late 60s so we shall see how it is treated.

if she works with Mirwais again solely then i dont want any more new music sorry - i think hes too limited as a producer and songwriter - i think the timeline above is possible but who knows

i dont know about anyone else but this biopic seems to have been in pre-production longer than titanic was ! ultimately like all her previous movie projects i dont predict good things for it - she is far too ego driven to listen to anyone's advice. unless she works with some producers who will tell her whats good and whats not then left on her own this whole project could end up just a vanity movie like W.E. ended up( i thought it was a nice movie though) and we all know what a financial disaster that was. i dont know why shes still hanging on to this obsession with movies anyway - just let it go M and move on. i would prefer someone else to direct it personally(Maybe Alex Keshishian) she can produce or write it instead.

of course as a stan i would love to be proved wrong its just Madonna + Movies is never a good match ...

45 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

if she works with Mirwais again solely then i dont want any more new music sorry - i think hes too limited as a producer and songwriter - i think the timeline above is possible but who knows

I agree. If she is going to record new music, she need more than anything great melodies, vocal expressiviness and passional singing, no autotune or robotic voice, no grillzs, and also catchy chorus. If she is not going to go that route cause that´s what we want so she wont do it, I´d prefer her to be retired from records too. 

if she doesn't release a new album this year she's finished - no interest for me to listen to her old stuff again - she is obviously no longer capable of performing but locking herself in a studio and recording albums is possible and even necessary - I don't understand how we can expect best of rather than creations...

I disagree with this timeline preventing her from recording anything. It's not like she doesn't have any time at all. Also the past is often the biggest inspiration. I mean if I were Madonna, though tired after decades of work, I would be dying to create a new diamond equal to the ones covered in my biopic. I know she is capable of that still. Let's rule out this year though. Maybe late 2023 or early 2024.

6 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think it’s very presumptuous to assume that timeline. We know nothing about what’s coming.

It’s a sensible timeline but... 
Movies often get delayed in production or the release date gets pushed back a lot. And when she’s inspired Madonna is able to multitask and work like hell. So there’s an equal chance of some sort of new musical project to drop at any point or not happen in the next couple of years 

I'm just going by her pattern in recent years when it comes to movies/her post production/making new music. She took forever to edit W./E. and her last 3 tours so I wouldn't expect the biopic to be any different since this will be her baby and only chance at acclaim as a director. 

I just can't see her taking on both projects at once. If the film gets pushed back (I wouldn't be surprised if it's canceled all together) then of course I would expect an album in 2022 or 2023.

If she delivers the same quality as Madame X then I can wait a couple more years. I'm still so obsessed with that record that I'm honestly not even craving a new one yet until she's ready to deliver this much quality again. I think the deal with Warner was struck because she knows she probably won't be able to put out a brand new album until the biopic stuff is slowing down. I think we'll get decent amounts of demos/unreleased for the next couple of years to entertain us while she finishes biopic. So yea I don't expect one until 2024/2025

24 minutes ago, Shoful said:

If she delivers the same quality as Madame X then I can wait a couple more years. I'm still so obsessed with that record that I'm honestly not even craving a new one yet until she's ready to deliver this much quality again. I think the deal with Warner was struck because she knows she probably won't be able to put out a brand new album until the biopic stuff is slowing down. I think we'll get decent amounts of demos/unreleased for the next couple of years to entertain us while she finishes biopic. So yea I don't expect one until 2024/2025

I think she's made it clear that she won't make a new album unless she feels inspired to do so. She doesn't care about release an album just because it's been a certain amount of years since the last one. We'll see if/when inspiration strikes again. I'd love an album where she reflect about aging the same way she reflected about motherhood in 1998. Come on mama, tell us what you're thinking. What does it feel like to be a 64 year old superstar? 64 year old woman? What's your outlook on life now? Enough about the patriarchy, we know all that already. What's NEW? 

I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if Madame X turned out to be her last record. It was a good way to end it all.