When will we get a new album?

musicinferno

I can't wait until 2025, it's too long, I'm already used to a new album every two or three years and if we take into account that the album Madame X came out in 2019 then it would be 6 years of waiting which I think many fans will not be able to bear. The ideal thing would be, to be able to endure the wait, that while she is making the film, she is releasing reissues of her previous albums with new songs that could be the demos or new remixes (but better remixes than those of Frozen 2022, which did not meet my expectations at all ). And about going on tour in stadiums, I do think that we will have to wait until 2025, which saddens me since her last presentation in a stadium in Medellín a few days ago left me wanting to see more, but well, everything is for the movie .

She has gotten so slow with everything that even if she was inspired to create another album it would take eternity and at this point she is clearly preoccupied with the biopic and reminding the world that her pussy creates art. The biopic is a giant waste of time in my opinion, Madonna and her film efforts have left a bad taste in my mouth and I can only imagine the utter cringe of a biopic directed by her. As for a new album, I think its safe to say that Madame X was at least a return to creativity and going left field even if it felt like an incoherent mess at times. It would be fascinating to see where she would go musically from here although I can tell you her days of being a compelling live performer are at an end if that latest fiasco with Maluma is a sign of the future, so throw out the idea of a successful tour. If she does not have it in her anymore than she should retire rather than become a caricature of herself.

She always seems happy to be in a recording studio, I don’t think she’s done yet. I’d hate for her to end things on an album like MX. I also don’t think she will ever do an album addressing ageing, she can’t stand to be seen without filters that knock 40 years off her age so I doubt she’ll address getting old any time soon. Musically I just hope she channels the old Madonna who used to be able to put out an album of fun catchy tunes like it was second nature. 

1 hour ago, Daxkoba said:

She always seems happy to be in a recording studio, I don’t think she’s done yet. I’d hate for her to end things on an album like MX. I also don’t think she will ever do an album addressing ageing, she can’t stand to be seen without filters that knock 40 years off her age so I doubt she’ll address getting old any time soon. Musically I just hope she channels the old Madonna who used to be able to put out an album of fun catchy tunes like it was second nature. 

Ageing would be a boring thing to write an album about.  I would rather hear something universal about relationships and friendships that everyone regardless of age can relate to. 
Does it have to be just fun? I enjoy her more serious albums too such as Like A Prayer and Ray of Light. 

21 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Ageing would be a boring thing to write an album about.  I would rather hear something universal about relationships and friendships that everyone regardless of age can relate to. 
Does it have to be just fun? I enjoy her more serious albums too such as Like A Prayer and Ray of Light. 

Well you’re forgetting American Life where she did address aging and themes that are not relatable to many (like Kabbalah) but it was still a brilliant album and one of her best 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:26 PM, musicinferno said:

We all know an album is far away since this year (and likely next year) is all about the biopic and she won't have time to record new music. With all the side projects going on, it's hard to predict when a new album will surface. 

2022/2023 they will film the movie. 

2023/2024 will be editing (we all know she will take at least a year to edit the film with a 2024 release) 

2024 Warner will push the hell out of the movie's soundtrack, making yet another GH release for her. 

2025 is when she may likely release a new album. But how will she have time until then? And how is Warner going to release all the reissues, the soundtrack, AND a new album simultaneously? 

Furthermore, I would imagine a farewell tour to come in 2025 or 2026. 

What do you predict? 

Farewell Tour...oh honey...are we on a Cher site rn? Hush

20 hours ago, Enrico said:

The biopic will take so long that she may have enough time to record and produce a new album, but she doesn't seem to be inspired or interested. It took her a year only to release a collection of already existing remixes...

Madonna has done more in the last year than plan her remix collection.  I think that she is inspired.  

7 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

What songs on American Life are about aging specifically? 

Specifically none. But I feel like most songs are coming from the perspective of an older more mature woman.
And none of the tracks are about a “girl” on the dance floor haha. She specifically addresses aging in Easy Ride. 

To me the album picks up from Gone and expands on the message of that song

Is true in AL she wrote some more experienced lyrics about having lived, about aging I think it´s too much for her psyque, but she recently wrote about her popularity decline: queen, Wash all over me. But yes, from a time to here, she wants to life in a fantasy that she is eternally a teenager. I don´t see her changing again to tell you the truth to a more mature point of view about things. She seems really blocked with this subject recently.

42 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Is true in AL she wrote some more experienced lyrics about having lived, about aging I think it´s too much for her psyque, but she recently wrote about her popularity decline: queen, Wash all over me. But yes, from a time to here, she wants to life in a fantasy that she is eternally a teenager. I don´t see her changing again to tell you the truth to a more mature point of view about things. She seems really blocked with this subject recently.

People say they want mature music, but they also say they want to have fun and dance. Only teenagers are allowed to have fun? 
Madame X has quite a few mature songs but not about aging specifically. Extreme Occident, Lookinv for Mercy, I Rise. 

4 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

People say they want mature music, but they also say they want to have fun and dance. Only teenagers are allowed to have fun? 
Madame X has quite a few mature songs but not about aging specifically. Extreme Occident, Lookinv for Mercy, I Rise. 

Yes, that´s true, but you know what? I just don´t like them except for I rise, which I really love. Really I rise is the one I love from the whole cd, or maybe Ciao Bella too. 

It´s so strange cause I always have adored her more low key, intimate songs that were hidden between the uptempo numbers: gone, ghostown, falling free...always among my favourites. But Looking for mercy? No, I just don´t like the vocals or the melody, same for extreme occident, something is really off, for the first time. The melodies are not very good, neither her voice..Actually she needs both: uptempo catchy songs and phenomenal ballads and with a passionate voice, and voila, here she is the queen again. But I don´t if that is possible again, I hope so.

It's a good question. As others stated, she seems as though she enjoys being in the studio, albeit in a somewhat passive role. I personally don't think the biopic will be made. It doesn't have a green light from a studio, and I seriously doubt anyone is going to give her a blank checkbook and an unlimited time frame to film and edit. Unless she relinquishes a great deal of control, I don't really see a way forward. It's possible that she may let the film cool off a bit and feel the need to create some new music, but I'm not optimistic. RH and MX took forever and both were muddled projects for various reasons. It needn't take an entire year this time. Sometimes less is more.   

don't mind waiting and don't have high expectations  - have a feeling will be more of the same Madame X/Rebel Heart sound etc 

I hope her next album has fantastic music on it and we get to hear her sing not through a vocoder

I think it was reported recently she was going to do an R&B album with Kayne West next  

Think she should go back to her pop and dance roots as she does it better than anyone else 

11 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Specifically none. But I feel like most songs are coming from the perspective of an older more mature woman.
And none of the tracks are about a “girl” on the dance floor haha. She specifically addresses aging in Easy Ride. 

To me the album picks up from Gone and expands on the message of that song

Gone. :fire:

I don’t need a huge album Project. What I need is some fun. Some off the cuff small EP projects for a year to tide us over. Let her be creative and try some new lanes without committing to an entire album. This is where she should be for a couple of years. 

Okay but my Virgo ascendant needs it to be executed flawlessly and in a super-organised fashion or nah.

6 hours ago, likeamasochist said:

It's a good question. As others stated, she seems as though she enjoys being in the studio, albeit in a somewhat passive role. I personally don't think the biopic will be made. It doesn't have a green light from a studio, and I seriously doubt anyone is going to give her a blank checkbook and an unlimited time frame to film and edit. Unless she relinquishes a great deal of control, I don't really see a way forward. It's possible that she may let the film cool off a bit and feel the need to create some new music, but I'm not optimistic. RH and MX took forever and both were muddled projects for various reasons. It needn't take an entire year this time. Sometimes less is more.   

It has been greenlit though, even a few official announcements were made by Universal. She's just taking her sweet ass time with pre-production and I truly think they keep rejecting the script hence why they keep doing rewrites. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the plug because she's taking too long. Maybe we'll get lucky and they fire her as a director. 

At this point, other biopic have been announced and I bet they will all be released before hers.