When will we get a new album?

musicinferno

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

I don’t need a huge album Project. What I need is some fun. Some off the cuff small EP projects for a year to tide us over. Let her be creative and try some new lanes without committing to an entire album. This is where she should be for a couple of years. 

That would be cool, but I think she likes doing whole album projects. So I don’t really see her doing EPs. Honestly though I prefer whole full length albums rather than EPs from established artists. With an album at least you will probably like some songs. I like EPs from new artists just starting out who can’t afford to record a whole album. But from established artists I like whole concepts. 

It's true, she likes full album projects but she has changed direction anyway, for instance by releasing trashy Frozen remixes every two weeks.

If she released a single - like many do now - every now and then, it would be a good way to keep us interested and happy. She could eventually make an EP with these songs.

20 hours ago, musicinferno said:

It has been greenlit though, even a few official announcements were made by Universal. She's just taking her sweet ass time with pre-production and I truly think they keep rejecting the script hence why they keep doing rewrites. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the plug because she's taking too long. Maybe we'll get lucky and they fire her as a director. 

At this point, other biopic have been announced and I bet they will all be released before hers. 

It wasn't greenlit at the beginning of March according to the Hollywood Reporter. But otherwise yes... I think that's what will happen. Not one of these hot starlets is going to sit around waiting on Madonna to make up her mind. They'll have to move on. She'll likely be given an ultimatum to relinquish control or go back to square one. I don't see her compromising on anything, but she should. 

11 hours ago, likeamasochist said:

It wasn't greenlit at the beginning of March according to the Hollywood Reporter. But otherwise yes... I think that's what will happen. Not one of these hot starlets is going to sit around waiting on Madonna to make up her mind. They'll have to move on. She'll likely be given an ultimatum to relinquish control or go back to square one. I don't see her compromising on anything, but she should. 

Is Madonna holding it up or is the studio holding it up?  We don’t really know. 
Does the studio have to approve the choice of actress who plays Madonna? I assume they would since that influences how many people want to see the movie. 
Both Rocketman and Bohemian Rhapsody took a very long time to be made.

What  other biopics have been announced? 
A biopic of Boy George was announced but the original director and screenwriter left the project so it’s in limbo now. 
So Madonna isn’t alone in having her biopic delayed.