Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022

Fabiolous

Her Pride performance in 2019 was bad because it was to promote Madame X and she talked too much in between songs. 

The Boom Boom performance was ok but it was too hidden and she only did 3 songs on a bar. 

I need her to do a full set with extensive rehearsing but I doubt this will happen since the 23rd is only a few weeks away. 

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

Her Pride performance in 2019 was bad because it was to promote Madame X and she talked too much in between songs. 

The Boom Boom performance was ok but it was too hidden and she only did 3 songs on a bar. 

I need her to do a full set with extensive rehearsing but I doubt this will happen since the 23rd is only a few weeks away. 

And unless she has sat down to assess what she physically can and cannot do and still make a strong appearance, it’s all gonna be in the air. She’s definitely out her body to the test for 35+ years. I’m afraid after Madame X Tour, we won’t see here risking her body like that anymore unless she fully recovers and is better than ever.

If it's an official performance a la pride 2019 and not something messy, rehearsal-less, and put up last minute like... Literally anything in the last two years(??? Lol), then maybe there's hope for a REAL Madonna performance. Not getting my hopes very high, but still much higher than the ones in Harlem, Medellin and even last year's pride that's for sure! 

Madonna did PRIDE when it was still not in vogue.  The LGBTQ message was front and center during BLOND AMBITION and showcased LGBTQ people in a more mainstream fashion than ever before.  Then Erotica completely ripped off the social blindfold.  Acceptance and equality was amplified loudly and M was so fuckin' fierce.  A warrior without arguement.  She is my hero and savior in so many ways!  Remember 1990 and 1992 when we honor our new advocates who risked way less.  

I'm happy she is actually taking time out of her career and focusing more on her children and her life. She is literally the only artist that works this hard, and for 4 decades; not taking proper breaks in between...has literally been slaying for years. 

I'm content with sitting on a chair and singing off tune Madonna than no Madonna. 

It only makes sense to do a few "oldie but goodies" since that's literally what she has right now to promote. 

9 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Yeah I hope she leans in to the back catalogue for a while until new stuff comes with the biopic. 

...and by back cat I mean pre Madame X

The world needs a bit of Glorious Technicolour M just for a little while rather than social warrior M. 

Make it a celebration. 

That is so true...Holiday Into the Groove Deeper & Deeper Hung Up and BIM would be great to give a good variation of eras.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic