Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022

Fabiolous

Setlists predictions? (NOT a your wish list)

1.God control (So obvious choice from current America's tragic event)

2.Frozen (one of current reductive  ticktok remix)

3.Music (To redemption for last horrible and tragic performance)

4.Deeper and Deeper (promotion for her remix album)

5.Into the groove (promotion for her remix album)

I keep telling myself against my better judgement that despite the string of disasters in recent years she still has it in her somewhere to put on a real performance. If her body is not able to handle a bunch of dance and choreography at the present, she needs to put on her thinking cap and come up with something fresh and make sure its been planned properly. Oh and get a decent stylist for the love of god.

The pride show in 2019 was basically a MX/MXT promo show, so I would think this will be along the same lines for FEL. Warner announced "special events" as part of their deal with the reissues campaign, so let's all just hope this is also a promo show (with a production and venue budget, which would also require some legit rehearsal and preparation time) for the album launch the next day. 

1 hour ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

The pride show in 2019 was basically a MX/MXT promo show, so I would think this will be along the same lines for FEL. Warner announced "special events" as part of their deal with the reissues campaign, so let's all just hope this is also a promo show (with a production and venue budget, which would also require some legit rehearsal and preparation time) for the album launch the next day. 

I think so, given she announced it rather far in advance. 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:12 AM, Blue Jean said:

Please no. This is Pride. Please just make it fun.

This response is a large part of the problem for the  LGBTQ community.  Pride is not about merely having fun.  LGBTQ people are being attacked legisilatively, socially, religiously, spiritually and physically, all the while, too many of us just wanna have fun.  While entire states like Florida want to remove any trace or support of the LGBTQ community, we wanna lay back and essentially give up.  While Trans people are used for fodder,  too many people want to turn a blind eye.  Individuals and businesses are litterally  weaponizing our government against us to avoid recognizing our personhood and families but we choose to ride naked on parade floats rather than uniting against our common enemy.  People forget how much work that the LGBTQ community and its' allies have done.  Pride is not about drugs, drinking and debaucery.  It is about a community gathering against tyranny and abuse.  It is about equality and due process.  It is about ending bullying and all other forms of violence against LGBTQ people and their community.  And more recently, it is about breaking down racial barriers and prejudices within our own community.  Pride is about conquering our demons and moving forward.  Madonna has been a strong ally and allowed herself to be a punching bag for our cause.  She has witnessed our lives, our setbacks, our triumphs, our tears and even our deaths.  I am so tired of people wanting her to fiddle away like Nero while our cities are burning.  Including a message will not end our fun.  

28 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

This response is a large part of the problem for the  LGBTQ community.  Pride is not about merely having fun.  LGBTQ people are being attacked legisilatively, socially, religiously, spiritually and physically, all the while, too many of us just wanna have fun.  While entire states like Florida want to remove any trace or support of the LGBTQ community, we wanna lay back and essentially give up.  While Trans people are used for fodder,  too many people want to turn a blind eye.  Individuals and businesses are litterally  weaponizing our government against us to avoid recognizing our personhood and families but we choose to ride naked on parade floats rather than uniting against our common enemy.  

How will Madonna singing a disco song about gun control help with all of this exactly?

And please don’t put a zillion words in my mouth, I was talking specifically about her performance not the whole event. There are plenty of songs in her catalogue to inspire and uplift people without making the whole thing morbid.

On 6/3/2022 at 11:38 PM, Drownedboy said:

Yeah, but it has to be more with Madonna´s own path since 2020 than with fans being fans, to tell you the truh. I think it is difficult being fan of the current Madonna if you were a fan of her pristine feautures: everything super trained, super rehearsed, beautiful pictures, smart interviews, innovative music, tasty photoshoot, a smart message behind everthing. Now it´s all rushed, underehearsed, bad products and she does not look like herself. 

I don't know - I've been coming to this forum for 6 years and people here have always bitched that she's being weird or not doing what they want or whatever. Hard Candy was about the time when her fans (and I'm guilty of this too) stopped putting her on such a pedestal. That's they point at which she went through tons of major changes, if you ask me.  

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

This response is a large part of the problem for the  LGBTQ community.  Pride is not about merely having fun.  LGBTQ people are being attacked legisilatively, socially, religiously, spiritually and physically, all the while, too many of us just wanna have fun.  While entire states like Florida want to remove any trace or support of the LGBTQ community, we wanna lay back and essentially give up.  While Trans people are used for fodder,  too many people want to turn a blind eye.  Individuals and businesses are litterally  weaponizing our government against us to avoid recognizing our personhood and families but we choose to ride naked on parade floats rather than uniting against our common enemy.  People forget how much work that the LGBTQ community and its' allies have done.  Pride is not about drugs, drinking and debaucery.  It is about a community gathering against tyranny and abuse.  It is about equality and due process.  It is about ending bullying and all other forms of violence against LGBTQ people and their community.  And more recently, it is about breaking down racial barriers and prejudices within our own community.  Pride is about conquering our demons and moving forward.  Madonna has been a strong ally and allowed herself to be a punching bag for our cause.  She has witnessed our lives, our setbacks, our triumphs, our tears and even our deaths.  I am so tired of people wanting her to fiddle away like Nero while our cities are burning.  Including a message will not end our fun.  

Yeah the circuit and party queens dancing at pride watching Madonna perform don’t care about all that. 

With midterm elections coming, I can see a need for her to get some messages out and get peoples minds focused on some things. Also God Control is a fun song to just dance to anyway.

I think it would be awesome if she sang some of these New/Old Remixes on "Finally".

Ray of Light Sasha and Beautiful Stranger Calderone in particular. 

Although she would probably get lost with the different song structures. And most are too fast for her probably. 

Holiday (Immaculate Collection Version)  needs to come back. 

I think im just rambling at this point. 

in terms of quality, i don’t expect this performance to be any different than last year’s pride, at red rooster or recently in medellín – unless she changes things up and focuses on her vocals which she has neglected for years. singing and dancing at the same time doesn’t really work in her favor right now.

i’m happy to be surprised, though.

33 minutes ago, nodoman said:

in terms of quality, i don’t expect this performance to be any different than last year’s pride, at red rooster or recently in medellín – unless she changes things up and focuses on her vocals which she has neglected for years. singing and dancing at the same time doesn’t really work in her favor right now.

i’m happy to be surprised, though.

I sat and watched her perform a perfect acapella rendition of Don’t Cry For Me Argentina (and Sodade just before) in London 2019 right in front of me (well maybe a few rows back 🤭) She’s certainly not incapable of delivering beautiful vocals, she just likes to make ridiculous decisions which make it impossible for her to do so. Why she’s doing all these dance moves -  I’ve no idea. Just last week I went to Jessie Ware, she put on a great show for her massive dance album and hardly moved herself, she’s only 37, I never thought “oh look she’s not dancing she must be passed it”

• RUADJAI changed the title to Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic