Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022

Fabiolous

9 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

This response is a large part of the problem for the  LGBTQ community.  Pride is not about merely having fun.  LGBTQ people are being attacked legisilatively, socially, religiously, spiritually and physically, all the while, too many of us just wanna have fun.  While entire states like Florida want to remove any trace or support of the LGBTQ community, we wanna lay back and essentially give up.  While Trans people are used for fodder,  too many people want to turn a blind eye.  Individuals and businesses are litterally  weaponizing our government against us to avoid recognizing our personhood and families but we choose to ride naked on parade floats rather than uniting against our common enemy.  People forget how much work that the LGBTQ community and its' allies have done.  Pride is not about drugs, drinking and debaucery.  It is about a community gathering against tyranny and abuse.  It is about equality and due process.  It is about ending bullying and all other forms of violence against LGBTQ people and their community.  And more recently, it is about breaking down racial barriers and prejudices within our own community.  Pride is about conquering our demons and moving forward.  Madonna has been a strong ally and allowed herself to be a punching bag for our cause.  She has witnessed our lives, our setbacks, our triumphs, our tears and even our deaths.  I am so tired of people wanting her to fiddle away like Nero while our cities are burning.  Including a message will not end our fun.  

very well said! 

And most importantly Regardless of what real means Pride, Madonna will never miss the opportunity to preach that she was right and she is the messiah. 

2 hours ago, o_g_c_x said:

Did she rehearse the 2021 one? I dont think so...

Well I bet that She did rehearse. Look at her instagrm. She did even rehearse Maluma one.

The real problem is that she did such a performance even though she did rehearsed.

9 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I sat and watched her perform a perfect acapella rendition of Don’t Cry For Me Argentina (and Sodade just before) in London 2019 right in front of me (well maybe a few rows back 🤭) She’s certainly not incapable of delivering beautiful vocals, she just likes to make ridiculous decisions which make it impossible for her to do so. Why she’s doing all these dance moves -  I’ve no idea. Just last week I went to Jessie Ware, she put on a great show for her massive dance album and hardly moved herself, she’s only 37, I never thought “oh look she’s not dancing she must be passed it”

Well, Jessie is not a dancer. I agree I’m ok at this point with Madonna not dancing but it’s in her blood, even if the dancing is not that great. And she needs to rehearse, there was little real dancing in Rebel Heart and Madame X, but when it’s a tour is clearly different than a performance just for sake of it.

On 6/4/2022 at 9:07 PM, RebelHeartbreak said:

The pride show in 2019 was basically a MX/MXT promo show, so I would think this will be along the same lines for FEL. Warner announced "special events" as part of their deal with the reissues campaign, so let's all just hope this is also a promo show (with a production and venue budget, which would also require some legit rehearsal and preparation time) for the album launch the next day. 

With special events the meant Record Store Day. 

10 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I sat and watched her perform a perfect acapella rendition of Don’t Cry For Me Argentina (and Sodade just before) in London 2019 right in front of me (well maybe a few rows back 🤭) She’s certainly not incapable of delivering beautiful vocals, she just likes to make ridiculous decisions which make it impossible for her to do so. Why she’s doing all these dance moves -  I’ve no idea. Just last week I went to Jessie Ware, she put on a great show for her massive dance album and hardly moved herself, she’s only 37, I never thought “oh look she’s not dancing she must be passed it”

Madame X likes to dance. You can’t hit a moving target.

1 hour ago, judas2015 said:

Im curious about the outfit and hair style. What do you guys expect? 🤔

THIS ! I hope this time they don't f**k up the hair/makeup/clothes. I have enough of seeing her beautufil when she's at home and looking the worst she can be at public events. She still can look stunning with the right styling and make up. 

3 hours ago, judas2015 said:

Im curious about the outfit and hair style. What do you guys expect? 🤔

I expect an ass so big that it makes Kim Kardashian look like a minnow, braids that age her 20 years only the color of a dildo this time and plenty of disturbing the peace. Would be lovely if I am wrong though.

Actually pride is about both the important political statements you made AND the ability to live freely, party, have sex, so drugs, drink, dance etc should you choose to do so. Let’s not forget that pride started because police kept shutting down the stonewall where queer people were trying to do just that. In fact it was the suppression of queer peoples ability to do such things on that fateful night in 69 that started the uprising. The first pride was held on the first anniversary of the stonewall riots. 
I’m not trying to be smart or diminish your statement as I 100% agree the message is often weighed more towards the party today than the politics but the genesis of the pride movement goes hand in hand. Xxx

I don't mind her doing the Frozen remix for the Tik Tok twinks. I just wish she doesn't do the same songs she does all the time when she has like 30 gay anthems in her catalogue.

If I'm allowed to dream, I'd like her to do something like:

- Frozen (Remix, full version)
- Deeper and Deeper
- Open Your Heart
- Into the Groove
- Live to Tell or Ghosttown (with an M speech before considering how everything's gone to hell again LGBTQ+ rights-wise)
- Hung Up (the thing last year didn't count)

A short set because I don't expect her to put on a full MDNA Tour-scale production for a free event.

4 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

THIS ! I hope this time they don't f**k up the hair/makeup/clothes. I have enough of seeing her beautufil when she's at home and looking the worst she can be at public events. She still can look stunning with the right styling and make up. 

That's cause she refuses to dress well, she's scared of pants and dress istg :Madonna006:

I don't hate the new Frozen remixes but what a snooze that would be for a Pride event.

Imagine her entering a stage twirling to the loop of her humming in the Calderone mix... She just needs to hire a few fans to put shit together. I'll do it for a polaroid.

I would die if she did Peter's mix of Impressive Instant. The fact that it's ~finally~ getting an official release after 20 years. And as a tribute to Peter in NYC on Pride. Something really special and unexpected.

Do people usually do ballads at Pride? 
I don’t think she should do a ballad or an acoustic song. I think she should focus on promoting the remix album, with also the Frozen remix and maybe I Don’t Search, I Find. 
It would be cool if she did Deeper and Deeper since that is the current single and it’s not a song she does all the time. 

17 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I hope we can see her nipples again, to me that was the only highlight of the last pride show, cause otherwise she seemed drunk LOL

Well she seemed drunk there, at MX premiere, at Red Rooster,  with Maluma the other day...so i guess this time will be the same.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic