Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022

Fabiolous

2 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

The whole attitude was very Madonna, Gwen herself said that she was inspired by her. Aside from the tick tock I really don’t find nothing in what Madonna did after that sounds like Gwen. Actually, Cool is very Madonna as a song. And let’s not forget No Doubt worked with Orbit AFTER Madonna and that Madonna did r&b and hip hop way before Gwen did. Madonna said over and over she wanted to work with Timbaland and Pharell because she was always listening to Justin, Nelly Furtado and Britney’’s music. Saying she worked with Pharell because  Gwen did it is just a weak theory. 

not saying it was done on purpose, but by working with the same producers, Madonna got a very similar sound. Whereas, by working with Orbit, No Doubt didn't get a Madonna sound.

5 hours ago, androiduser said:

not saying it was done on purpose, but by working with the same producers, Madonna got a very similar sound. Whereas, by working with Orbit, No Doubt didn't get a Madonna sound.

What I’m saying is that Hard Candy’s sound was basically every album released in those two years by Britney/Justin/Nelly Furtado and that  than The Sweet Escape has nothing to do with it. And actually the tracks she did with Pharell are more funky than the usual Pharell productions of those years. 

LAMB was inspired by 80's new wave so you're gonna get a little Madonna in there and the comparison gets heightened when you bring out the platinum hair, red lips and over the top fashion. "Serious" is the most Madonna track to me. Other tracks are clearly inspired by Club Nouveau, New Order, Prince, Donna Summer/SAW, Queen, and Debbie Deb.

I recently learned that she pushed for the Sound of Music sample on "Wind It Up" and Pharell hated it. She's a genius.

Stuart's mix of "4 In The Morning" is BEYOND.

All this Gwen talk in this thread made me realize she's never done Pride. Interesting....

10 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

Are you guys sure this will be a "real" event with Madonna live in flesh on stage with people attending? I´m finding this will be an ONLINE performance. 

Where have you heard that? On the NFT forum on Dischord they are saying it’s in person at Terminal 5. If it was just online they wouldn’t have a limited number of tickets with a plus one guest. It’s part of a NFT for NYC conference. 

1 hour ago, MattyMads said:

I feel this performance now has a lot to deliver it will confirm where Madonna actually is as a performer. Let’s hope this performance can erase the memory of Eurovision & Maluma 

And Red Rooster and Pride last year... basically all of her performances since mx tour ended. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic