Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022

Fabiolous

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Madame X is a very intelligent pop record.  It is not for everybody.  

You want intelligence? Become a fan of Tori Amos or mid to late era Kate Bush… Madame X is not in any way an intelligent pop record… it’s more a jumbled bore with lashings of auto tune or vocoder. 

1 hour ago, vesalii said:

It’s about cringe time 🥲

I’m pretty sure it won’t be transmitted or professional recorded, we’ll be able to have a glance of what happened by Ricardo “Filter” Gomez posts. She will be singing over a track, with auto tune, out of breath, forgetting lyrics & dance steps and with some awful see-through dress, those tightened  braids that she love to use and make her face look stiffed.

And she will probably break her own record for her low you can sing Like a Prayer… this will probably be Like a Prayer (Barry White Tribute) Version complete with 1989 vocals playing overwhelmingly in the background and a fisher price ‘my first drum kit’ drum loop.

8 minutes ago, scion said:

And she will probably break her own record for her low you can sing Like a Prayer… this will probably be Like a Prayer (Barry White Tribute) Version complete with 1989 vocals playing overwhelmingly in the background and a fisher price ‘my first drum kit’ drum loop.

lol the poor darl. I miss her Blond Ambition/Girlie Show live vocals - deep and full - 

3 hours ago, scion said:

You want intelligence? Become a fan of Tori Amos or mid to late era Kate Bush… Madame X is not in any way an intelligent pop record… it’s more a jumbled bore with lashings of auto tune or vocoder. 

I don't know... I've been very critical towards MX: the treament of vocals, the repetitive lyrics (Looking for x1000, I rise x 2000, Wake up x3000), the lack of cohesion (the heart of the album being the Portuguese section), the many featurings. But every Madonna album has something. And MX has it too. I still listen to it (basically tracks 1-10, and I skip Loca all the time).

Her live vocals usually were never very good, with  nice exceptions. But she had the image, the physic, the coreo perfect, quite a strengh and she was 100 per cent on it. Nowadays it´s like she does care for singing right, have difficult to dance and move, badly dressed, that strange ass, and it´s all messy and like unrehearsed. But ok, let´s see what she does time.

7 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

I have the feeling this performance is a turning point among many M fans, like after several not so great performances for Madonna standards, if she fucked up that one after two weeks of rehearsals, then Madonna the amazing stage showgirl is officially over, and if kills it and put on an amazing gig then she still has it and these average performances were just a bad spell and now she's back to her amazing standards... anyone else feels the kinda the same ?! 

I don’t think it will have that dramatic an impact because a lot of people won’t see it because it’s not on national tv or in a stadium before thousands of people. 

19 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I don’t think it will have that dramatic an impact because a lot of people won’t see it because it’s not on national tv or in a stadium before thousands of people. 

That's why i wrote "among many M fans". I'm not talking about the grand public who last saw her at the Eurovision. I know on the forums or facebook groups many fans are waiting that performance to either call her performing skills a thing from the past or quite the contrary, to say she's back on stage like the top notch performer she's been all along her career.

This time there will be  no excuse for a bad performance, she has shown us she's been rehearsing for two weeks so if the gig is bad, we will not be able to blame it on anything else but her. 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Social media still exists lol

I was watching Pharrell's Something In The Water festival on streaming last weekend, he lipsynced everything (regular album versions), including guest verses. He brought Justin Timberlake out looking like an IT Consultant doing Dad dance moves and not even pretending to lipsync. 

There was no social media meltdown, just a few articles making fun of his appearance and bad attempt at a local dance move. 

The standards for live performances in 2022 are abysmally low. 

I only hope she's physically OK and she'll have fun. Thing which, incidentally, seems it has been lacking for awhile in her last performances, since the end of the tournée. Maybe because she did them as a mere favour for friends, Pride for that disgrace called Ricardo, who candidly revealed in an interview that all that circus was an idea of his (foolish act from her having accepted), and the Colombian show for Maluma, for which she rehearsed for 2 days, despite being a notorious control freak and a fussy person. Surely I'm wrong, but in these 2 years I've had the impression she didn't give a damn about anything except her kids. I can't blame her, though. 
I PRAY this time she's in the mood and fully involved, I've enough of these effing requiems about her career. If it's another favour she does for one of her friends, well, I won't care. In any case, this won't change my opinion about her as a performer. 

10 hours ago, scion said:

Tori has plenty of clunkers...

"Step it up, grab your phone, get your suitcase
There is no time to waste, a big adventure awaits"

"I- I- I- am a M-I-L-F, 

don't you for-get"

26 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Tori has plenty of clunkers...

"Step it up, grab your phone, get your suitcase
There is no time to waste, a big adventure awaits"

"I- I- I- am a M-I-L-F, 

don't you for-get"

Yeah, except 99% of her output is absolutely quality… like phenomenal songwriting and incredible composition. The songs with the clunky lyrics are very very much self aware, and Big Wheel almost feels like she’s referencing the societal zeitgeist in light parody. Brilliant stuff.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic