Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022

Fabiolous

I love this woman so much and I'm so happy to see how she proved everyone wrong one more time, even some of her fans.

And now I need a full recording of the show, the new remixes of "Hung Up" (FIREEEE) and "Material Girl" on streaming and a tour announcement hahaha.

Well done!

I am curious to hear the new remixes of Material girl and Hung up, but honestly I hope this is not the direction she wants to take with the reissues.

If she wants to put out her old hits with featurings and a few new vocals, fine with me. But the song we heard was not Material girl and, like with Frozen, she's more the guest than the artist. I hope the reissues will have demos and unreleased tracks, not "reinventions".

1 hour ago, scion said:

You’re right… definitely live in the verses… although imagine how it would sound if the track wasn’t there. That’s what I mean, I’m just not sure where she will go from here or if this is her new normal now.

She looks amazing, and it looks like she had a really good time, although I’m still not sure she’s able to tour atm. 

she had backing tracks on the Rebel Heart Tour too 

9 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I am curious to hear the new remixes of Material girl and Hung up, but honestly I hope this is not the direction she wants to take with the reissues.

If she wants to put out her old hits with featurings and a few new vocals, fine with me. But the song we heard was not Material girl and, like with Frozen, she's more the guest than the artist. I hope the reissues will have demos and unreleased tracks, not "reinventions".

She's always been more into the present and the future than the past, even since "The Immaculate Collection" and all the new versions on her tours and that's what makes her the best Madonna. She looked ALIVE during "Hung Up" and "Material Girl" last night, I think these reinventions give her new blood and energy to keep going. When she's too stuck in the past (like the writing of the biopic) is when her mood gets weird and she seems lost.

I think we're definitely getting new versions on the reissues but that doesn't mean they won't included demos and unreleased material. But being who she is, it fits her way of doing things, just throwing a 2022 updated version of a couple of hits. Even the "Immaculate" versions were 1990 updated versions and not the originals.

31 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She's always been more into the present and the future than the past, even since "The Immaculate Collection" and all the new versions on her tours and that's what makes her the best Madonna. She looked ALIVE during "Hung Up" and "Material Girl" last night, I think these reinventions give her new blood and energy to keep going. When she's too stuck in the past (like the writing of the biopic) is when her mood gets weird and she seems lost.

I think we're definitely getting new versions on the reissues but that doesn't mean they won't included demos and unreleased material. But being who she is, it fits her way of doing things, just throwing a 2022 updated version of a couple of hits. Even the "Immaculate" versions were 1990 updated versions and not the originals.

True, some songs need to be updated and it's nice to have remasters and new arrangements, and even guest artists in some cases.

I still feel these reinventions suck away the original, and Madonna's personality stays hidden, but it's my personal taste.

PS Another good way to be more into present and future is write a new album! But that's not the thread where to talk about this. One can dream though!

23 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Wow. I woke up, had my morning coffee and am very pleased to see that Mama served. 10s 10s 10s across the board. 

was it only 3 songs though?

Yesh. If you need a TL;DR:

1. Bob the Drag Queen opened the show and performed his skit with the Q-sound version of Open Your Heart
  2. Violet Chachki did her cabaret performance of a fanmade remix of Justify My Love
  3. A vogue dancer performed Vogue with Jose recreating the Vogue music video, all the way down to the choreography
  4. Madonna performing (Hung Up remix with Tokischa, Material Girl with Saucy Santana (with Laganja Estranja dancing at the beginning) and Celebration [Benny Benassi remix] with all of the guests dancing)

Ta daaaaa. A great Pride performance from Mother. :D

Just saw the news, I knew she was coming for blood! As soon as I saw Hung Up was remixed I was going to roll my eyes, but this is a really well made remix and actually SLAPS, same for the Material Girl verses!So happy to see her back at her true perfectionist self, great look, voice and moves!

Just so sad I can't find anything else outsides of the potato quality snippets, ugh, hopefully they recorded it and are going to release it! Same for the remixes, there's no way they recorded these remixes just for a private gig! 

Just saw the poor quality videos/pics… I can tell she’s wayyyyy better than Maluma’s performance for sure! However she’s again hardly moving… 😔 & lipsync. & I’m still sticking to the fact that she won’t do a tour anytime soon… & for those saying she’s back & she did great… lol she literally preformed 3 damn songs & was out of breath by the second one. You think she can do an entire tour with 60+ shows???!!! No honey I don’t think it’s possible with her current situation.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic