Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022

Fabiolous

Just now, Ayham said:

Just saw the poor quality videos/pics… I can tell she’s wayyyyy better than Maluma’s performance for sure! However she’s again hardly moving… 😔 & lipsync. & I’m still sticking to the fact that she won’t do a tour anytime soon… & for those saying she’s back & she did great… lol she literally preformed 3 damn songs & was out of breath by the second one. You think she can do an entire tour with 60+ shows???!!! No honey I don’t think it’s possible with her current situation.

Last night is definitely a step into the right direction. She seems to be finding the right way of how to combine her current situation with the kind of show she wants to present. I find that inspiring and I'm sure she's going to find a way eventually of offering the perfect balance between the classic Madonna show and her current persona.

Everyone expected a disaster but she showed she still has it in her. She's still Madonna.

5 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Just saw the poor quality videos/pics… I can tell she’s wayyyyy better than Maluma’s performance for sure! However she’s again hardly moving… 😔 & lipsync. & I’m still sticking to the fact that she won’t do a tour anytime soon… & for those saying she’s back & she did great… lol she literally preformed 3 damn songs & was out of breath by the second one. You think she can do an entire tour with 60+ shows???!!! No honey I don’t think it’s possible with her current situation.

Still a massive improvement from anything in the past couple years. She’s also past 60 now. Despite what people seem to believe on here she is aging and will not be able to do as much dancing especially after she just got a hip replacement and the knee injury. I’m sure her doctor told her not to dance in heels much from now on. The sooner fans realize that, the sooner we can all move on. I’m sure from here on out there will be tours that have a lot less dancing than in the past

18 minutes ago, Ayham said:

The verses in Hung Up and Celebration were sung live. And she was moving a lot for a 64yo woman who’s had a hip replacement. Certainly way more limber than other performers in her age group.

I will agree she still needs to accept her current physical shape and reinvent her dancing accordingly. The movements she’s doing now are a bit too much and she can’t execute them as gracefully and effortless as she used to. 
But if that’s being addressed she’s totally up for touring. I’m surprised how well she did with her live singing 

I really don't care about less dancing, I don't thing this has ever been necessary for Madonna to put on a great performance. There are so many performances from her back catalogue in which she didn't dance much and they were all outstanding. I just miss her singing, nowadays she uses too much playback in her performances, it has been like this since the Rebel Heart Tour, but I'm sure this is something I must get used to, considering her voice seems to be very spent by this point (I don't understand about voice but I daresay she damaged it by singing in higher tunes than she could take during her entire career). We can see a notable improvement comparing this performance to Medellín/Music with Maluma. At least this time she took some time to rehearse and didn't seem to be lost.

39 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Am I the only one excited they sold at the event a brand new unreleased Erotica/SEX shirt? I feel like it’s a hint of the upcoming reissue

literally my takeaway, besides "yasssssss queen" and "now that's how you kiss madonna" was "damn i want that tee shirt"

41 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Last night is definitely a step into the right direction. She seems to be finding the right way of how to combine her current situation with the kind of show she wants to present. I find that inspiring and I'm sure she's going to find a way eventually of offering the perfect balance between the classic Madonna show and her current persona.

Everyone expected a disaster but she showed she still has it in her. She's still Madonna.

For me I can’t see her doing this type of live performances. I just can’t. I feel that it’s better for her to stop doing live shows. 

16 minutes ago, Humanfly said:

literally my takeaway, besides "yasssssss queen" and "now that's how you kiss madonna" was "damn i want that tee shirt"

Me too! Unfortunately can’t really wear it out. I’m not brave enough to have “I’ll teach you how to fuck” on the NYC subway lol

40 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Still a massive improvement from anything in the past couple years. She’s also past 60 now. Despite what people seem to believe on here she is aging and will not be able to do as much dancing especially after she just got a hip replacement and the knee injury. I’m sure her doctor told her not to dance in heels much from now on. The sooner fans realize that, the sooner we can all move on. I’m sure from here on out there will be tours that have a lot less dancing than in the past

It makes me sad that fans are actually saying she did AMAZING to such performance. I mean I’m a MADONNA fan. I saw her doing these epic shows!!! I just can’t accept this new reality.

8 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Me too! Unfortunately can’t really wear it out. I’m not brave enough to have “I’ll teach you how to fuck” on the NYC subway lol

lmao, i would only wear it "OUT" when i know there won't be kids around!!! i hope they put it on the official store other wise i will have to look on ebay. speaking of which the goodie bag sunglasses and keith haring lip balm and black rubber bracelet are already on ebay but they want too much for it. haha. 

6 minutes ago, Ayham said:

just can’t accept this new reality.

accept it bitch!

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

tumblr_oen18pkqYS1s9cj03o1_1280.jpg

I mean. Of course it's not 2008, 2012 or even 2016 Madonna. She's 62 now and gone through complicated and painful surgery. You better accept she's not going backwards in age or you're going to be disappointed every time from now on.

But that doesn't mean she needs to hide and not perform every again.

Don't tell her to stop... :cute:

That riri tweet never gets old lol! 😄😅 I know it’s about me accepting this reality. The problem she’s such a MASSIVE performer… that’s why it’s just hard to see her doing what she’s doing right now! 😔

7 minutes ago, mstvn516 said:

Then accept the fact that she is over 60. Yes, we all know that the Maluma-guestperformance was pure disaster, BUT face the fact that since the linked videos (from MDNA) a whole decade passed PLUS she was in awful shape (think about that during the end of the Madame X Tour she could barely walk before multiple surgaries). Cher, who is a living legend of the stage is literally only walking during her shows and making very tiny dance moves still she is adored. Why even we, the so-called fans cannot accept that we have NO right to expect MDNA round2, Blond Ambition round2 or not even Rebel Heart round2 ... I guess, seeing the clips of last night and following her post, that she really tried her best last night and she deserves the appreciation - at least from her fans, she has always got (and will) enough shit from elsewhere. It's just an opininon :) 

Yes you’re totally right! It’s just my thoughts… I will definitely keep on supporting her. She’s been doing this for 40 years… I have nothing but respect to her. My only hope not to humiliate herself… last night was great! 

9 minutes ago, Humanfly said:

lmao, i would only wear it "OUT" when i know there won't be kids around!!! i hope they put it on the official store other wise i will have to look on ebay. speaking of which the goodie bag sunglasses and keith haring lip balm and black rubber bracelet are already on ebay but they want too much for it. haha. 

accept it bitch!

It's the reality we need to face. Madonna in 2022 won't perform like Madonna in 1987, 1990, 1993, 2001, 2005, 2008-2009, 2012 and 2016 but she'll perform the way she will perform now and I can't ask for more than to see her light that stage on fire and show everyone who's still the baddest bitch in the music industry.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic