Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022

Fabiolous

She has never had very good voice control at all and this goes back to the very start of her career and what we see now is a result of natural limitations and vocal neglect since the early 2000's. She has not taken care of her voice which is why her ability to go into her higher register is totally shot, Harlem shows that very clearly, although she still sounds pretty good in stripped down settings.

The fact some of you think the fake ass is a “recent” thing when it was already fake back in 2012 (smaller yes, but still not real). 
Also the breath thing..Madonna always had breathing issues while singing live. Have you forgotten most of the 1998 performances? It’s not a figure or corset thing 😂
Some of you act like she was this powerful incredible vocalist before. Also, Celine Dion, Mariah etc lip sync too. And they don’t put a Madonna show.

4 hours ago, MadameX said:

This is Fan forum. And people have different opinion. That's natural thing. If you couldn't accept the truth then you could simply share your opinion to others as normal people. You shouldn't go crazy like a lunatic just because someone else tells the truth and you can't accept it.

Exactly… however it’s just an opinion or thoughts not necessarily truth because we all don’t know what’s exactly happening to her or what she did.

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

I find it funny that you've been talking pages about movements, slowing down, ass, surgery and no one ever talks about voice. She didn't have vocal folds surgery, yet she sings less and less.

A new formula with less choreo would mean more attention to music, vocals, arrangement and instrumentation - which would be great for me - but she doesn't seem interested in taking this direction. Her voice is getting weak (as proven by a few lines sung partly live in Celebration) and she seems less confident about her voice. This is my first concern. If she focused more on singing she could deliver fantastic shows with less dancing but with her absolutely remarkable stage presence.

Vocally, well she’s not the best singer since the beginning so I don’t find it a problem lol! 😁

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

I agree 100 xr cent. If you have seen Madonna´s body though all her carreer: she had this small butt and that´s they way her body always has been. Her actual figure is not her natural body, ergo she can´t move as she did. And you can see this affected to her hips.This has been probably one of her worst decitions ever, professionally. I agree absolutely.

TELL THEM! Some fans are happily blind lol!

10 minutes ago, Enrico said:

What I meant is that if the show is less focused on dancing, it probably has to rely more on music. But this would mean she has to work on her voice. Unless she does a comedy act :laughing:

We know her idea of comedy stinks 😅

Maybe Enrico you could create a separate thread to discuss the current form of her voice? :)

4 hours ago, Enrico said:

I find it funny that you've been talking pages about movements, slowing down, ass, surgery and no one ever talks about voice. She didn't have vocal folds surgery, yet she sings less and less.

A new formula with less choreo would mean more attention to music, vocals, arrangement and instrumentation - which would be great for me - but she doesn't seem interested in taking this direction. Her voice is getting weak (as proven by a few lines sung partly live in Celebration) and she seems less confident about her voice. This is my first concern. If she focused more on singing she could deliver fantastic shows with less dancing but with her absolutely remarkable stage presence.

Red Rooster boo. Red Rooster.

10 minutes ago, Enrico said:

What I meant is that if the show is less focused on dancing, it probably has to rely more on music. But this would mean she has to work on her voice. Unless she does a comedy act :laughing:

Got it… 🫢🤭 then she better prepare her stand-up comedy tour as a celebration for her 40 years career! 😎😅🤣💀

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

Vocally, well she’s not the best singer since the beginning so I don’t find it a problem lol! 😁

A singer always have to work on his her voice, always, not matter if they are on tour or recording or not. It´s their job, it´s their instrument. There was a time she really took great care of her voice and it showed: ROL album, Evita, , You´ll seeTime Stood still, Hey you live, some tours where she souded very very good ...A fabulous singer when she wants, when she tries, in my opinion.

I prefer this voice over Celine´s, Maríah´s and Gaga´s anyday. A pity she does not believe sometimes in her own talents, it seems..the world has always loved her voice, ergo she is the best selling female singer ever globally. So why not caring about her voice, vocals and live peformances? 

35 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

A singer always have to work on his her voice, always, not matter if they are on tour or recording or not. It´s their job, it´s their instrument. There was a time she really took great care of her voice and it showed: ROL album, Evita, , You´ll seeTime Stood still, Hey you live, some tours where she souded very very good ...A fabulous singer when she wants, when she tries, in my opinion.

I prefer this voice over Celine´s, Maríah´s and Gaga´s anyday. A pity she does not believe sometimes in her own talents, it seems..the world has always loved her voice, ergo she is the best selling female singer ever globally. So why not caring about her voice, vocals and live peformances? 

True, was just referring that she’s not the best singer in terms of vocals. For me also she got this dreamy angelic voice! Such a shame her raw voice can’t be found on her albums anymore… I feel she’s careless when it comes to keeping her voice trained! Also drinking ALOT of alcohol will make everything worse!

28 minutes ago, thiagosb said:

When I read the comments in this Forum, I really cannot believe that we are the same gay people who out there in the world are advocating for inclusion and woman rights, fighting against body shaming and ageism, looking for compassion and empathy. It really shocks me how judgemental and mean gay men can be. 

I don't think all of us are advocating for those things and it shows. Go have a read in the jozzy thread if you want to see some gay right-wing bigots

1 hour ago, thiagosb said:

When I read the comments in this Forum, I really cannot believe that we are the same gay people who out there in the world are advocating for inclusion and woman rights, fighting against body shaming and ageism, looking for compassion and empathy. It really shocks me how judgemental and mean gay men can be. 

Judgmental people are everywhere, also in community of Madonna fans, it's sad because she fights so much for people to express themself as they want, I always thought that M fans learn something from her, guess not. 

6 hours ago, Enrico said:

Totally agree. 

Her voice has deteriorated quite a bit because she hasn't taken care of it for quite a while, at the Sticky and Sweet Tour she was constantly screaming and shrieking... but with a little attention and study she could easily do good vocal performances, she has proven this several times. Now her technical errors are obvious.

I, too, am a singer, and I know that her biggest vocal problems could be corrected in a short time. I think she does not need surgery and I think she has had phoniatric visits.

But what she does is constantly relying on autotune in live performances or just lip syncing... She doesn't care about her voice. And by the way she doesn't even mime well, she gets the timing wrong, the words wrong and often forgets to sing when hert vocals are there.

Her dancing is a bit clumsy (it's much better here, though) and she loses her breath rapidly, I wish too she would limit it to less movements that are more studied and compatible with her current physical abilities and take more interest in music.

We can't ask her to do more with her movements, because she is human and she is getting old, she has had so many physical problems.
But we can demand that she be a decent singer.

She was never incredibly good, but she was always a decent singer. From the 1990s to the early 2000s (until 2006) she always sang fairly well. 
From 2000 to 2003 she had a magnificent voice. I remember how good her voice was on the American Life Primo Tour, it was obvious she was continuing her vocal training.

Edited by Loru (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Frank said:

Already working on my version of the show montage. Doing my best with the footage we got so far, using footage from here and there that i've been searching for these two days, mostly original sources as u already know those r the ones i prefer to work with, not reposted or retweeted stuff. I didn't do any kind of montage with the full performances because those full videos are really good so i kept them in full as they r without intertwining any other footage in between the song. But that's just my choice. And also, i didn't do anything with the audio. So u'll find different audios and volumes, if anyone wants to play with the audio and try to make it sound the same all over the montage that'd be great. I think some Bob The Drag Queen footage is missing, but, well... And i ended up placing JML Violet performance just before Hung Up because u can see her leaving the stage left side right before Hung Up starts. So It goes: IDSIF intro, some Bob footage, Vogue, JML, Hung Up, the speech, drags and Saucy, Material Girl, Bob, Celebration, Holiday and some Honey Dijon footage in the end.

According to Madonna encyclopedia 

this was the setlist:

I Don't Search I Find - Video Montage

Justify My Love

Vogue

Open Your Heart 

Hung Up 

Like a Prayer 

Bitch I'm Madonna 

Material Girl 

Celebration 

Holiday - Outro

4 minutes ago, Angelo said:

According to Madonna encyclopedia 

this was the setlist:

I Don't Search I Find - Video Montage

Justify My Love

Vogue

Open Your Heart 

Hung Up 

Like a Prayer 

Bitch I'm Madonna 

Material Girl 

Celebration 

Holiday - Outro

oh shit. XDDDD i'll redo it then. I'll change JML and Vogue positions...

27 minutes ago, Loru said:

Totally agree. 

Her voice has deteriorated quite a bit because she hasn't taken care of it for quite a while, at the Sticky and Sweet Tour she was constantly screaming and shrieking... but with a little attention and study she could easily do good vocal performances, she has proven this several times. Now her technical errors are obvious.

I, too, am a singer, and I know that her biggest vocal problems could be corrected in a short time. I think she does not need surgery and I think she has had phoniatric visits.

But what she does is constantly relying on autotune in live performances or just lip syncing... She doesn't care about her voice. And by the way she doesn't even mime well, she gets the timing wrong, the words wrong and often forgets to sing when hert vocals are there.

Her dancing is a bit clumsy (it's much better here, though) and she loses her breath rapidly, I wish too she would limit it to less movements that are more studied and compatible with her current physical abilities and take more interest in music.

We can't ask her to do more with her movements, because she is human and she is getting old, she has had so many physical problems.
But we can demand that she be a decent singer.

She was never incredibly good, but she was always a decent singer. From the 1990s to the early 2000s (until 2006) she always sang fairly well. 
From 2000 to 2003 she had a magnificent voice. I remember how good her voice was on the American Life Primo Tour, it was obvious she was continuing her vocal training.

She really was pretty stellar in 2003/4. It’s 2005 her voice seems to dip and I’m presuming that’s when the menopause hit because there was a huge tonal shift, which became even more apparent around 2008. By 2012 she seems to have lost all control her voice, which is something that seems slightly regained since 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic