Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022

Fabiolous

This is an interesting thread to read. 
first off, I'm glad the MX era is officially over. Lol. 
The show was nice to see her having fun, which in the live setting is impossible to not be charmed and elated by, so a bunch of phone videos from not the best angles or audio positioning in the venue are always gonna be hard to watch without being critical. I love, LOVE, love Madonna's live voice because it's authentic and flawed and surprising in her delivery. I also have never minded if she lip syncs or uses a backing track during higher energy songs for choreography. 
I think the MDNA tour wore her the fuck out physically and probably emotionally too. But it was great. Since RHT, she's definitely simplified her dancing, but I don't think she's ever going to be able to just stand and sing, even with a guitar strapped to her chest, because movement is probably a reflex when she's singing at this point. But, to see her quickly getting back into shape in real time, in front of an audience, looks promising and is kinda brave imo. 

*my little conspiracy theory is that she is showing Julia Garner the real deal in terms of being "MADONNA" and the fandom, I bet that's pretty hard to just explain to someone how that must feel. 

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

The performance was good. What are people complaining about? (I haven't read all the whining.)

The TL;DR version: because they think her ass is too big and somehow throws off her center of gravity and that a lot of alcohol has ravaged her voice and is the reason for the pre-recorded vocals.  It has nothing to do with being a 60+year old who has sustained injuries from literally a lifetime of touring and performing.  It's ass implants and booze.

So thankful for her never ending support for the LGBTQ community! 

With LGBTQ+ Rights Under Threat, Madonna Creates A Safe Space

The indisputable queen of pop reclaimed her throne during New York Pride⁠—and calmed our collective nerves.

https://www.elle.com/culture/music/a40406780/madonna-world-of-women-nft-event-recap/

11 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

This is not a good look honey. You are sharing your opinion, not the truth. And as I said before, a negative opinion doesn't necessarily need to be shared. Didn't your moma teach you that if you have nothing nice to say you don't have to say anything?

A great lady once said "Express yourself, don't repress yourself"

2 hours ago, danielsevilla said:

I am not sure if that was mentioned before but on "Hung Up" there is a moment when she says:

"Tokischa, ¿qué es lo que es? Yo quiero un culo nuevo"

"Tokischa, what is that? I want a new ass".

I think i can also hear "cabrón" and "mamacita" somewhere...

5 hours ago, scion said:

She really was pretty stellar in 2003/4. It’s 2005 her voice seems to dip and I’m presuming that’s when the menopause hit because there was a huge tonal shift, which became even more apparent around 2008. By 2012 she seems to have lost all control her voice, which is something that seems slightly regained since 

In 2005 she had only a slight vocal decline, she continued to sing fairly well, during the Confessions Tour her vocal performances were good. Her worst was in Hung Up, always.

The Sticky & Sweet Tour was the real disaster, she was out of tune like crazy. She was trying to make a rock voice, all the mid-high notes were waning and flat.

On the MDNA Tour and the Rebel Heart Tour she paid a little more attention to her vocals, cleverly using pre-recorded vocals and preparing herself for the songs a little bit.

If she studied singing for a year, going to a lesson once or twice a week, she would have incredible benefits.

The mistakes she makes are always the same, established for years.

She really needs a vocal coach and to work on her voice.

But I doubt she will do that. 

1 hour ago, Pootz333 said:

No shade, "You'll See" on the DWT Tour is one of the most beautiful vocals I've ever heard in my life, but who on earth is going to a Madonna show for "the vocals" in 2022? Like, Mary please. Work with me here.

don’t know why a year needs to be attached to this. vocals are and always have been part—at least in the delivery—of her art.

I think her vocals were at its worst during Sticky and MDNA. There was a clear difference during Rebel Heart. For the best. Honestly that era is severely underrated. The tour, her looks, vocals, performances, etc. 

She was in her mid 50s and she was amazing.

3 hours ago, danielsevilla said:

I am not sure if that was mentioned before but on "Hung Up" there is a moment when she says:

"Tokischa, ¿qué es lo que es? Yo quiero un culo nuevo"

"Tokischa, what is that? I want a new ass".

😂

I think Madonna actually says:

"Tokisha, quiero qué? Yo quiero un culo nuevo"

"Tokisha, I want what? I want a new ass"

While Tokisha replies:

"El tiempo pasa lento y yo 'toy rápida"

"Time goes by so slowly and I'm fast"

These musical genres are characterized by destroying the structure of the language but at the same time I think that it gives them a certain identity that distinguishes it from the rest of the genres and that, furthermore, if you are not from the country of the singer in question and you do not know their local slang, you simply will not be able to understand what they sing and it will seem that they are speaking in a totally different language from yours.

I think that in the medium term Madonna will make me look at these genres with different eyes, I guess it's a good thing even if I don't completely agree with the messages they promote in their lyrics.

9 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I think Madonna actually says:

"Tokisha, quiero qué? Yo quiero un culo nuevo"

"Tokisha, I want what? I want a new ass"

While Tokisha replies:

"El tiempo pasa lento y yo 'toy rápida"

"Time goes by so slowly and I'm fast"

These musical genres are characterized by destroying the structure of the language but at the same time I think that it gives them a certain identity that distinguishes it from the rest of the genres and that, furthermore, if you are not from the country of the singer in question and you do not know their local slang, you simply will not be able to understand what they sing and it will seem that they are speaking in a totally different language from yours.

I think that in the medium term Madonna will make me look at these genres with different eyes, I guess it's a good thing even if I don't completely agree with the messages they promote in their lyrics.

And don’t forget: 🎼“Hung up, no ve’ que ‘toy llamado”🎶  (hung up, can’t you see I’m calling?)

25 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I think her vocals were at its worst during Sticky and MDNA. There was a clear difference during Rebel Heart. For the best. Honestly that era is severely underrated. The tour, her looks, vocals, performances, etc. 

Oh honey, no...just no Boo. Like a Virgin MDNA Tour 👌 You Must Love Me, Spanish Lession, DWRY

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

Oh honey, no...just no Boo. Like a Virgin MDNA Tour 👌 You Must Love Me, Spanish Lession, DWRY

Like a Virgin was fine.

You Must Love Me was off key literally every night except Cardiff.

Spanish Lesson I can deal with.

Devil was barely live… 

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Oh absolutely. RHT she wasn’t half as bad as 2012… although those Body Shop and True Blue vocals in Manchester and Glasgow which I attended were painful.

6 hours ago, groovyguy said:

So thankful for her never ending support for the LGBTQ community! 

With LGBTQ+ Rights Under Threat, Madonna Creates A Safe Space

The indisputable queen of pop reclaimed her throne during New York Pride⁠—and calmed our collective nerves.

https://www.elle.com/culture/music/a40406780/madonna-world-of-women-nft-event-recap/

Lol if she was so invested to do this she would have created an accessible event.

A few NFT holders and VIPs don’t really count. Her publicist should be more mindful before writing this bullshit 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic