Fabiolous

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I think Madonna actually says:

"Tokisha, quiero qué? Yo quiero un culo nuevo"

"Tokisha, I want what? I want a new ass"

While Tokisha replies:

"El tiempo pasa lento y yo 'toy rápida"

"Time goes by so slowly and I'm fast"

These musical genres are characterized by destroying the structure of the language but at the same time I think that it gives them a certain identity that distinguishes it from the rest of the genres and that, furthermore, if you are not from the country of the singer in question and you do not know their local slang, you simply will not be able to understand what they sing and it will seem that they are speaking in a totally different language from yours.

I think that in the medium term Madonna will make me look at these genres with different eyes, I guess it's a good thing even if I don't completely agree with the messages they promote in their lyrics.

WAIT she actually says "I want a new ass", are you serious???

9 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Did anyone see her in 2019 on the Madame X tour? Her vocals were phenomenal. They were a lot better than anything since the Confessions tour. Her performance of Frozen to the shows I went to were amazing

Madonna has one of the best vocabulary of vocals PERIOD. It's too much time to list them all.

Just now, MechanicalDNA said:

We all need that remix!!! I saw that Santana had a good quality video with mic audio on his instagram page, but no news about Hung Up remix

Well studio versions were created for sure. That’s all I want from this event. I don’t care if she releases the full performance or that MG remix. I just want the proper studio version of HU lol

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well studio versions were created for sure. That’s all I want from this event. I don’t care if she releases the full performance or that MG remix. I just want the proper studio version of HU lol

The remix should be out now 

53 minutes ago, Vasili said:

Love the remix but the primary objective of this performance was to promote the FEL compilation, and releasing a new remix not on the compilation at the same time would take away from it, I think.

I get what you mean but if that was really the objective why did she perform 2 remixes that aren't on the album? I think this new remix has more potential for a young audience similar to the Frozen remixes.

2 hours ago, Vasili said:

Love the remix but the primary objective of this performance was to promote the FEL compilation, and releasing a new remix not on the compilation at the same time would take away from it, I think.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I get what you mean but if that was really the objective why did she perform 2 remixes that aren't on the album? I think this new remix has more potential for a young audience similar to the Frozen remixes.

Also this was a very exclusive event to promote anything.

The remix could have been included as a streaming exclusive bonus track at midnight. And drive a bunch of streams and attention to the album.

This way the only thing that trended was Madonna making out with Tokischa and most people that saw that are not even aware this compilation exists

11 hours ago, scion said:

Like a Virgin was fine.

You Must Love Me was off key literally every night except Cardiff.

Spanish Lesson I can deal with.

Devil was barely live… 

Oh absolutely. RHT she wasn’t half as bad as 2012… although those Body Shop and True Blue vocals in Manchester and Glasgow which I attended were painful.

In my opinion, her vocals on the MDNA Tour are not to be equated with Sticky's, they are better. At Rebel Heart her voice was even better, undoubtedly. But still not comparable to how her voice was until 2006.
She made a lot of repeated mistakes during RHT too and too much reliance on backing vocals and pre-recorded vocals. If you listen to her ears monitors audio you'll notice how bad certain vocals were.

Anyway, yes, You Must Love Me was almost always strongly off-key in the concealing/saying/feeling part, it was a drag. I always wondered how she could always mess with those same notes every time.
Yes, only in Cardiff and Rome (if I remember correctly, I think she was in tune there too) had she sung those notes correctly.
Spanish Lessons was okay, it is true.
Devil however was totally live, it was also a decent performance, maybe the best one in the concert.

The problem with the S&S Tour was that 80% of the songs were terribly sung. 

Edited by Loru (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Loru said:

In my opinion, her vocals on the MDNA Tour are not to be equated with Sticky's, they are better. At Rebel Heart her voice was even better, undoubtedly. But still not comparable to how her voice was until 2006.
She made a lot of repeated mistakes during RHT too and too much reliance on backing vocals and pre-recorded vocals. If you listen to her ears monitors audio you'll notice how bad certain vocals were.

Anyway, yes, You Must Love Me was almost always strongly off-key in the concealing/saying/feeling part, it was a drag. I always wondered how she could always mess with those same notes every time.
Yes, only in Cardiff and Rome (if I remember correctly, I think she was in tune there too) had she sung those notes correctly.
Spanish Lessons was okay, it is true.
Devil however was totally live, it was also a decent performance, maybe the best one in the concert.

The problem with the S&S Tour was that 80% of the songs were terribly sung. 

Devil was over such a loud studio backing track it’s hard to call it totally live when she was barely audible singing it for half the tour… Yes she was singing live but she could barely be heard as her mic was so low in the mix.

Those notes in You Must Love Me were excruciating. It’s like she hit them in Cardiff with such precision and then decided not to try thereafter. I’d argue they’re some of her worst in terms of stay on key/pitch. 

6 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Also this was a very exclusive event to promote anything.

The remix could have been included as a streaming exclusive bonus track at midnight. And drive a bunch of streams and attention to the album.

This way the only thing that trended was Madonna making out with Tokischa and most people that saw that are not even aware this compilation exists

It was clearly for FEL promo primarily, hence the name in lights and anything else associated with it.

Secondarily, the event aimed to improve her image, showing her in a positive performative light, being her classic self.

I like the idea of the remix getting added but she probably created it after the digital release was locked and loaded.

Plus, don't the publishing terms of a new song have to be sorted between artists before it's uploaded?

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Good question.

My guess is because M does what M wants (especially live) and she was being semi-spontaneous/fresh about it?

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

It was clearly for FEL promo primarily, hence the name in lights and anything else associated with it.

Secondarily, the event aimed to improve her image, showing her in a positive performative light, being her classic self.

I like the idea of the remix getting added but she probably created it after the digital release was locked and loaded.

Plus, don't the publishing terms of a new song have to be sorted between artists before it's uploaded?

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

The small amount of people in the room were just props, essentially, imo.

It was mainly for the global social media audience, I think.

Yes I agree it was meant as such but I don’t think it’s succeeded in that aspect. 
And this is not even her fault in any way. She put on a good show and a strong release. But her management is just awful and working against her at this point.

Starting with the botched release of this compilation, guiding her on the NFT path that just turns off her audience and makes her look ridiculous, not doing much cross promotion between this club appearance and the album…

I’m hoping this is a test run for a more relevant promotional event at the end of the summer

1 hour ago, DanM said:

Okay, I want Material Girl as a single. So much better than any Frozen mixes. It's stuck in my head. An extra M verse is needed tho.

Personally I don’t care for it. I prefer the frozen remixes but it’s more appropriate for her than those and something the majority of her target audience can get behind 

14 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Personally I don’t care for it. I prefer the frozen remixes but it’s more appropriate for her than those and something the majority of her target audience can get behind 

Plus, it's a very catchy remix too and it is very reminiscent of the original song. Probably because of the song key.

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

On Amazon Music, FEL does not appear on the New Releases list but 4 releases from a “DJ Ape” get great presentation on New Releases list. Strange times.

221B84C6-28FF-47BA-9C0F-B029ACDC0C23.jpeg

• Enrico unfeatured this topic