Jump to content

Madonna to Perform at Pride 2022


Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Vasili said:


Love the remix but the primary objective of this performance was to promote the FEL compilation, and releasing a new remix not on the compilation at the same time would take away from it, I think.

I get what you mean but if that was really the objective why did she perform 2 remixes that aren't on the album? I think this new remix has more potential for a young audience similar to the Frozen remixes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vasili said:


Love the remix but the primary objective of this performance was to promote the FEL compilation, and releasing a new remix not on the compilation at the same time would take away from it, I think.

 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I get what you mean but if that was really the objective why did she perform 2 remixes that aren't on the album? I think this new remix has more potential for a young audience similar to the Frozen remixes.

Also this was a very exclusive event to promote anything.

The remix could have been included as a streaming exclusive bonus track at midnight. And drive a bunch of streams and attention to the album.

This way the only thing that trended was Madonna making out with Tokischa and most people that saw that are not even aware this compilation exists

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, scion said:

Like a Virgin was fine.

You Must Love Me was off key literally every night except Cardiff.

Spanish Lesson I can deal with.

Devil was barely live… 

Oh absolutely. RHT she wasn’t half as bad as 2012… although those Body Shop and True Blue vocals in Manchester and Glasgow which I attended were painful.

In my opinion, her vocals on the MDNA Tour are not to be equated with Sticky's, they are better. At Rebel Heart her voice was even better, undoubtedly. But still not comparable to how her voice was until 2006.
She made a lot of repeated mistakes during RHT too and too much reliance on backing vocals and pre-recorded vocals. If you listen to her ears monitors audio you'll notice how bad certain vocals were.

Anyway, yes, You Must Love Me was almost always strongly off-key in the concealing/saying/feeling part, it was a drag. I always wondered how she could always mess with those same notes every time.
Yes, only in Cardiff and Rome (if I remember correctly, I think she was in tune there too) had she sung those notes correctly.
Spanish Lessons was okay, it is true.
Devil however was totally live, it was also a decent performance, maybe the best one in the concert.

The problem with the S&S Tour was that 80% of the songs were terribly sung. 

Edited by Loru
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loru said:

In my opinion, her vocals on the MDNA Tour are not to be equated with Sticky's, they are better. At Rebel Heart her voice was even better, undoubtedly. But still not comparable to how her voice was until 2006.
She made a lot of repeated mistakes during RHT too and too much reliance on backing vocals and pre-recorded vocals. If you listen to her ears monitors audio you'll notice how bad certain vocals were.

Anyway, yes, You Must Love Me was almost always strongly off-key in the concealing/saying/feeling part, it was a drag. I always wondered how she could always mess with those same notes every time.
Yes, only in Cardiff and Rome (if I remember correctly, I think she was in tune there too) had she sung those notes correctly.
Spanish Lessons was okay, it is true.
Devil however was totally live, it was also a decent performance, maybe the best one in the concert.

The problem with the S&S Tour was that 80% of the songs were terribly sung. 

Devil was over such a loud studio backing track it’s hard to call it totally live when she was barely audible singing it for half the tour… Yes she was singing live but she could barely be heard as her mic was so low in the mix.

Those notes in You Must Love Me were excruciating. It’s like she hit them in Cardiff with such precision and then decided not to try thereafter. I’d argue they’re some of her worst in terms of stay on key/pitch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Also this was a very exclusive event to promote anything.

The remix could have been included as a streaming exclusive bonus track at midnight. And drive a bunch of streams and attention to the album.

This way the only thing that trended was Madonna making out with Tokischa and most people that saw that are not even aware this compilation exists

It was clearly for FEL promo primarily, hence the name in lights and anything else associated with it.

Secondarily, the event aimed to improve her image, showing her in a positive performative light, being her classic self.

I like the idea of the remix getting added but she probably created it after the digital release was locked and loaded.

Plus, don't the publishing terms of a new song have to be sorted between artists before it's uploaded?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I get what you mean but if that was really the objective why did she perform 2 remixes that aren't on the album? I think this new remix has more potential for a young audience similar to the Frozen remixes.

Good question.

My guess is because M does what M wants (especially live) and she was being semi-spontaneous/fresh about it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

It was clearly for FEL promo primarily, hence the name in lights and anything else associated with it.

Secondarily, the event aimed to improve her image, showing her in a positive performative light, being her classic self.

I like the idea of the remix getting added but she probably created it after the digital release was locked and loaded.

Plus, don't the publishing terms of a new song have to be sorted between artists before it's uploaded?

 

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

The small amount of people in the room were just props, essentially, imo.

It was mainly for the global social media audience, I think.

Yes I agree it was meant as such but I don’t think it’s succeeded in that aspect. 
And this is not even her fault in any way. She put on a good show and a strong release. But her management is just awful and working against her at this point.

Starting with the botched release of this compilation, guiding her on the NFT path that just turns off her audience and makes her look ridiculous, not doing much cross promotion between this club appearance and the album…

I’m hoping this is a test run for a more relevant promotional event at the end of the summer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DanM said:

Okay, I want Material Girl as a single. So much better than any Frozen mixes. It's stuck in my head. An extra M verse is needed tho.

Personally I don’t care for it. I prefer the frozen remixes but it’s more appropriate for her than those and something the majority of her target audience can get behind 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Personally I don’t care for it. I prefer the frozen remixes but it’s more appropriate for her than those and something the majority of her target audience can get behind 

Plus, it's a very catchy remix too and it is very reminiscent of the original song. Probably because of the song key.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

This way the only thing that trended was Madonna making out with Tokischa and most people that saw that are not even aware this compilation exists

On Amazon Music, FEL does not appear on the New Releases list but 4 releases from a “DJ Ape” get great presentation on New Releases list. Strange times.

 

221B84C6-28FF-47BA-9C0F-B029ACDC0C23.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Those pictures...

She was perfect in the live show all natural. Ricardo needs to be out for sure.

Yes but strangely I found some of this pictures more natural then usal (they are clearly taken with a professional camera not a phone like he normally does and they are absolutely gorgeous) 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Enrico unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...