MEGARATE: American Life era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: American Life era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

#2 – Nobody Knows Me

AaWElHW.png

- Average Rate : 8,38 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @geert, @Holger, @Robertson Penn, @Unruhe )

- Lowest Rate : 4 ( @Levon, @Foreigner )

#1 – Nothing Fails

UuPV7O7.jpg

- Average Rate : 8,79 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @androiduser, @Nowheretohide, @musicinferno, @Copenhagen Ciccone, @MDNA22, @alfi1973, @panosgk )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @poodle )

Nothing Fais is such a good song, the choir is epic, the lyrics are pretty good. Just a perfect song that was forgotten unfortunatelly.

It deserves the 1st place.

Once again thanks to everyone for participating. Also this results show was more lively than the last one which was great! :) You'll find a recap on the first page as usual.

The Confessions era megarate will start tomorrow in the evening. In the meantime here's something for you all! :)

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

Nothing Fails is the biggest missed opportunity of Madonna's career. I suspect it wasn't released as a proper single because Madonna didn't write it.

It was released as a proper single with ton of remixes, there just wasn't a video for it. Warner decided that having 2 Madonna videos on rotation at the same time would be too much and they didn't really promote it either. So blame Britney

6 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

It was released as a proper single with ton of remixes, there just wasn't a video for it. Warner decided that having 2 Madonna videos on rotation at the same time would be too much and they didn't really promote it either. So blame Britney

I thought the lack of a video was because she wanted to shoot one in Israel with Kabbalah symbolism and her camp thought it would put her safety at risk? I've heard that story before.

3 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

Also thank you for yet another successful megarate :)

You're very welcome thank you for participating! :)

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I thought the lack of a video was because she wanted to shoot one in Israel with Kabbalah symbolism and her camp thought it would put her safety at risk? I've heard that story before.

Yeah I heard that too. But the label is the one calling the shots most of the time, If Me Against The Music wasn't released Warner would have shot any kind of video for Nothing Fails, they wouldn't care that Madonna wants to go to Israel. It's all about the money so if they thought that she needed more promotion there would have been a video.

Well: all the songs got at least 6.

I'm so stupid is definitely the weakest track of the album. It deserves the last spot.

I am surprised for Xtatic process being so low, but most of all I hoped Intervention could go higher.

American life is a very divisive song, so I expected it to stay low, but I thought the same would happen to Die another day.

I also thought Hollywood would be in the top 3, as it appears to be a fan favourite and everyone keeps saying it should have been the first single. As for me, it has a good riff but it's too repetitive and boring, I gave it a 4...

On 5/20/2022 at 4:51 PM, Curtains said:

Hi everyone ! Since we'll soon be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career (!!), and due to popular demand, I'll organize a megarate for every single Madonna album.

g62dJw7.jpg

Let's now see how the tracks from the American Life era compete with each other. As requested by most users who participated in other games, non-album tracks from the corresponding era will also be included.

Rules:

- Make sure to know all the songs included in the competition.

- Rate each song from 1 to 10. You are allowed to give the same rate to multiple songs.

- Decimals are allowed only up to the hundredth (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED WHEN YOU CAN IN ORDER TO AVOID TIES).

- You are allowed to give one 0 and one 11 (OPTIONAL).

- Send your rates to me by personal messenger before June 4th, NOT in the thread.

Results:

#1 - 8,79 - Nothing Fails

#2 - 8,38 - Nobody Knows Me

#3 - 8,37 - Die Another Day

#4 - 8,34 - Hollywood

#5 - 8,29 - Easy Ride

#6 - 8,16 - Love Profusion

#7 - 8,14 - Intervention

#8 - 7,83 - American Life

#9 - 7,78 - Mother and Father

#10 - 7,77 - X-Static Process

#11 - 6,60 - I'm So Stupid

Good luck to everyone! :)

Omg. I'm So Stupid is my fav song on that album.

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

#2 – Nobody Knows Me

AaWElHW.png

- Average Rate : 8,38 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @geert, @Holger, @Robertson Penn, @Unruhe )

- Lowest Rate : 4 ( @Levon, @Foreigner )

#1 – Nothing Fails

UuPV7O7.jpg

- Average Rate : 8,79 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @androiduser, @Nowheretohide, @musicinferno, @Copenhagen Ciccone, @MDNA22, @alfi1973, @panosgk )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @poodle )

Really didnt expected Nobody Knows Me in the top 2. I mean, its a good song, but that good? Nop. Not for me. Just the Re-Invention version.

But i'm so happy for Nothing Fails! I almost gave it an 11. One of the best, for sure! 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic