"God Control" on NOW That's What I Call Pride (4CD) 2022!!

Frank

https://www.nowmusicstore.com/*/*/NOW-That-s-What-I-Call-Pride-4CD/7FRT0000000?utm_medium=owned&utm_source=Facebook&utm_linkurl=now.lnk.to%2FJzywYdly&utm_board=now-thats-what-i-call-music-6762

SharedImage-135513.jpg?t=407bdbfbb4b71ea

SharedImage-135514.jpg?t=3f5a8671e5f5dae

Get ready to CELEBRATE! NOW Music is proud to offer the ultimate selection of 84 fabulous tracks across 4 CDs… NOW That’s What I Call Pride.

The first disc is all about the dancefloor, featuring superstar acts, and including club remixes from Mariah Carey (‘My All’), Cher (‘Believe’), Whitney Houston, Céline Dion, P!NK, and the timeless ‘I Will Survive’ from Gloria Gaynor. Speaking of iconic anthems, ‘Born This Way’ from Lady Gaga, Eurythmics’ duet with Aretha Franklin ‘Sisters Are Doin’ It For Themselves’, and Kylie’s ‘Better The Devil You Know’, are all here – plus ‘Supermodel’ from RuPaul – and we are delighted to close disc one with an epic track, ‘God Control’, rarely compiled from Madonna.

Do u guys think it will be the Radio Edit that we can only find on https://www.madonnarecords.com/data/cover.asp?ID=14736 ?????.

That's great news. God Control is very disco and will set dance floors across the world on fire.

A few of the selections are... not in my taste.

If I could change the selection an bit I'd rather have:

Spice Girls: Who Do You Think You Are?
Dolly Parton: Peace Train (Junior's Arena Edit) (Or Mark Kamin's Radio Edit of Walking On Sunshine)
Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On (Tony Moran's Radio Edit)
Cher: Believe (Album Version)
ABBA: Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)

1 hour ago, professormouse said:

'the gays'
pass me the sick bucket

For real, I would have never thought thay TGLOA would have a dance remix.

Imagine during Pride celebration when the original album version will play instead of the dance remix and everyone will be losing their minds on it. 😂

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

For real, I would have never thought thay TGLOA would have a dance remix.

Imagine during Pride celebration when the original album version will play instead of the dance remix and everyone will be losing their minds on it. 😂

"I've always had a great relationship with the blacks"
:thinker:
https://observer.com/2011/04/trump-always-had-a-great-relationship-with-the-blacks/

On 5/22/2022 at 6:58 AM, proxy said:

It's great disco track so it's kind of fit in this category

Is it? I don't know how anyone could feel motivated to dance to the subject matter of this song. Never have.

I think it functions well in that style in the context of the album, Madame X, but not in the context of a dance floor.

Maybe that's why M never released any remixes for it.

Holy cow, looking at the tracklist, it's actually a pretty fun release, to have all my faves (Katy and Madge, also Gaga) there + some really fun ones such as Physical, On the Floor, you spin me and even I Can Boogie (one of my absolute faves eevr!) is actually tempting me! Is this an international release or a crappy USA only thing? 

On 5/21/2022 at 10:23 PM, Roy said:

I would never thought of God Control being a Pride track.

The song was written after the Pulse attack (Orlando, 50 people killed by a homophobic terrorist) and the video is very obvious on the LGBTQIA+ references so yes, it's a Pride track.

Not every "pride song" has to be about putting your hands in the air and vogueing like your life depends on it.

Some sense and commitment is good too.