Never forget this moment!

Ayham

45 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I remember where I was that day lol I was on a night shift. About to hand out some meds to some geriatrics and had to put dem down to catch mom on the brits lol

I was living in the UK and watched this live on TV. I was shooked. 

"She fell!" I remember calling my friend in Italy. "She fell on live TV". But the performance was great. I remember hoping she would recreate this at the RHT so we could have a "good" version of this performance, instead we got that awful remix

4 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I was living in the UK and watched this live on TV. I was shooked. 

"She fell!" I remember calling my friend in Italy. "She fell on live TV". But the performance was great. I remember hoping she would recreate this at the RHT so we could have a "good" version of this performance, instead we got that awful remix

I’m sorry but the remix is amazing and quintessential Madonna. One of the very few high points of that messy tour

My entire heart jumped into my mouth and the world stopped for a second. 
It physically hurt me to watch that happen. I’ve never wanted to throw my arms around her more….and I just knew because of the lyrics people would think it was a set up. 
she did the damn thing. 
but I do wonder if this was the beginning of the knock on her confidence at performing live. It can take one major event to throw you off something you’ve been doing for years especially when you think your life is at risk. People who have car crashes are often prone to more accidents afterwards through lack of confidence at the wheel etc.

I thought she was agonna. Broke her back or something. 

An absolute hero 

32 minutes ago, steady75 said:

My entire heart jumped into my mouth and the world stopped for a second. 
It physically hurt me to watch that happen. I’ve never wanted to throw my arms around her more….and I just knew because of the lyrics people would think it was a set up. 
she did the damn thing. 
but I do wonder if this was the beginning of the knock on her confidence at performing live. It can take one major event to throw you off something you’ve been doing for years especially when you think your life is at risk. People who have car crashes are often prone to more accidents afterwards through lack of confidence at the wheel etc.

I thought she was agonna. Broke her back or something. 

An absolute hero 

People thought it was a stunt cause, like @Andreosaid, any other person of performer would have been injured and not able to finish the song. The superhuman way she was able to get up and finish the performance like nothing happened... my God, only her.

But I agree that maybe that was the "beginning of the end" in terms of her live performances, the "Rebel Heart Tour", while still a great show, was more relaxed and intimate than ever.

Watching this performance I realised the lyrics were never more true than during that moment. Picked up my crown, put it back on my head. Like it was meant to be, which made it surrealistic. It really gave the performance a whole extra dimension. The queen fell, then reclaimed her crown, the way only a queen can do: through perseverance.

8 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

It was amazing, but that´s the madonna pre covid. I don´t think she is currently that person, she doesn´t behave like that anymore.

She insisted on continuing and finishing the Madame X Tour seriously injured when everyone was telling her to stop and get the surgery she needed. 

She wants to still perform nowadays and do major events like the Maluma concert, even if she's clearly on a different phase of her life both physically and as a performer - I don't believe for a bit she doesn't know that herself, she's a smart woman and always been 100% aware of herself.

Are you sure she's not like that anymore? She's older, yeah, but hasn't lost that thing inside of her.

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She insisted on continuing and finishing the Madame X Tour seriously injured when everyone was telling her to stop and get the surgery she needed. 

She wants to still perform nowadays and do major events like the Maluma concert, even if she's clearly on a different phase of her life both physically and as a performer - I don't believe for a bit she doesn't know that herself, she's a smart woman and always been 100% aware of herself.

Are you sure she's not like that anymore? She's older, yeah, but hasn't lost that thing inside of her.

The Madonna I knew had impecable taste, it´s not a thing about getting older, it´s about a working ethic, and a esthetic ethic. Yes, she can forget about it all, and should have the right, but I´m a fan of that impecable performer of the past, that took care to each minimum detail and was a perfeccionist.

One detail that seems disturbing to me is that she falls just when she says "I let down my guard, I fell into your arms", a detail that one could describe as a coincidence and not take it seriously but then this happens:

During a presentation in Chicago, the incident would be repeated in a certain way (01:12). Madonna sings “I let down my guard ..” and almost falls again, this time due to a problem with the platform she was supposed to climb on. I don't know if I should call it a coincidence again or if I should use another word to explain this fact.

And of course I will never forget this performance, if it was the only time that she perfectly executed the choreography of the final part of the song, that part that begins when she breaks the neck of one of the demons with her cape. Here Madonna executes all the synchronized movements even with the light effects. What a pity that here she does take care with an audience that is not exactly her fan, however on the tour where we are all her most staunch and extremist fans she did not make an effort to perfectly replicate this performance but well.

Edited by chaosmen1984mk (see edit history)