This woman is still in there, underneath it all

Starchild

The one we fell in love with but who was visually wiped before the ageing process progressed too much further.

'Gone, before it happens'.

These photos were taken at the Swept Away press conference on October 7, 2002. She was 44 years of age.

By the way, do we have this conference recording in audio or video format?

gettyimages-77709255-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-77709242-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-77709260-2048x2048.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, New_Boy said:

This thread is... I don't even know where to start. Misogynistic, ageist, shaming plastic surgery... you've managed to do it all at once! Of course I know what you mean, but you didn't have to frame it in such a pathetic way. She's not dead under those cheeks, you know! 

What in the virtue signalling?

You know what I meant yet you felt compelled to post your belittling take anyway, hey?

She now looks and acts remarkably different to the woman in these photos, so I remarked.

Or are we only allowed to remark in ways that are not layered and thought-provoking?

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Bad hair and bad make up on those pics (which was very rare a that time)... just a day of bad styling. 

Or a realistic day?

It's mostly uncontrolled lighting and a woman naturally ageing, despite the denial.

Interestingly, there's an embargo on US tabloid media from using these photos:

https://www.alamy.com/madonna-at-the-swept-away-press-conference-october-7-2002-photo-by-yoram-kahanashooting-starsipa-usa-no-us-tabloids-image413964440.html

• Starchild changed the title to This woman is still in there, underneath it all
1 hour ago, Vasili said:

Or are we only allowed to remark in ways that are not layered and thought-provoking?

You seem to think so highly of yourself!

2 hours ago, Vasili said:

visually wiped

LMAO. You truly provoked my thoughts with a crybaby title, song lyric and three watermarked images in a row. Space brain material.

24 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

You seem to think so highly of yourself!

LMAO. You truly provoked my thoughts with a crybaby title, song lyric and three watermarked images in a row. Space brain material.

New boy. Stale comebacks.

And this coming from a supposed fan who has wanted Madonna to 'choke' for her creative choices.

You come across as quite a toxic personality. It really jumps out in how you choose to express yourself.

Besides, I don't get why you're active on this forum, having once said you were happy it was closing.

Oh, you've discovered how to scroll through someone's content? A round of applause!
Of course I'd be happy to never again interact with buffoons like yourself, but this is still a place to find news and the occasional GOOD thread. I just never seem to learn to not click "Show Ignored Content".

You know what's toxic? Mourning a woman who's still alive with pictures from 20 years ago. I might not agree with Madonna's choices or apparent lack of taste, but I wouldn't find myself entitled to judge her body or dislike that she's not a gracefully aged grandma and serious artiste just to feel better about myself, not to mention that I find this stage of her career much more authentic compared to when she was married to a raging homophobe and dedicated to a money-sucking cult. Bye pumpkin! 

11 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Oh, you've discovered how to scroll through someone's content? A round of applause!
Of course I'd be happy to never again interact with buffoons like yourself, but this is still a place to find news and the occasional GOOD thread. I just never seem to learn to not click "Show Ignored Content".

You know what's toxic? Mourning a woman who's still alive with pictures from 20 years ago. I might not agree with Madonna's choices or apparent lack of taste, but I wouldn't find myself entitled to judge her body or dislike that she's not a gracefully aged grandma and serious artiste just to feel better about myself, not to mention that I find this stage of her career much more authentic compared to when she was married to a raging homophobe and dedicated to a money-sucking cult. Bye!

Taste is utterly subjective, and I believe that you have none. So long.

55 minutes ago, Vasili said:

2002 BHC (Before Hard Candy) was a magnificent time to be a Madonna fan, hey?

I thoroughly enjoyed her presentation and creative output during the Mrs. Ritchie years.

Oh that’s interesting. I find that period really drab. Of course musically it was just stunning. But the repetitive interviews about her family life and Kabbalah, the drab American Life promo tour, the lack of great videos (except AL and Hollywood), IGTTAS, the Gap promotion, the children books, the endless leotards and feathered hair during Confessions etc. I found it all pretty unexceptional.
But the Ritchie tours are truly exceptional and so is the American Life album. 

5 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Oh that’s interesting. I find that period really drab. Of course musically it was just stunning. But the repetitive interviews about her family life and Kabbalah, the drab American Life promo tour, the lack of great videos (except AL and Hollywood), IGTTAS, the Gap promotion, the children books, the endless leotards and feathered hair during Confessions etc. I found it all pretty unexceptional.
But the Ritchie tours are truly exceptional and so is the American Life album. 

Fair enough! I enjoyed most of things you listed as unimpressive, particularly hearing about her philosophies at the time.

She seemed content and grounded. And when you compare it all to now, it was pretty special - leotards and all.

3 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

During Drowned World Tour and Swept Away she looked older than what she was. Probably because too much work, stress, wedding and giving birth to Rocco. Also I think she was having some kind of supplements for having more muscles, and she looked more 'manly' maybe? 
Annyway I love her around that time, but it was obvious that after the tour and the movie she started to have surgery here and there, looking amazing and fresh during American life and Confessions Tour, and less muscled and more flexible. 

From 2008 till 2017, she had ups and downs, but good in general, sometimes puffy, but in retrospective, it was good in general, specially Super Bowl, MDNA and Rebel Heart Tour. 

Nothing bad about comenting this I think, she used always her body and looks to present her eras, so if it comes from respect, I don't see anything bad about commenting how she evolved. 

I think what happened with Drowned world tour, swept away and maybe even confessions tour is that she had very low fat, so the muscles were more prominent and she looked more aged, on American life and Reinvention I think she had gained a bit of weight, of course she looked perfect and was very much in shape, with big muscles but really elastic, and with that bit of good weight on her face. On 2008 she was very thin again and with those cheecks... I think she looks better with a little bit of more weight. I think in 2012 and 2015 she looked quite quite good, with it´s ups and dows in between. 

This post is rough to read.  It seems to diminish someone who dares to age, grow, or stick around.  It also seems to place a human being into a cage where she can only leave if she accepts being a caricature.  These comments are ageist, sexist, misogynistic, and demeaning.  As if Madonna has lost both her nature and value because she evolved in a way that all humans do.  This is a sad road to travel.  

50 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

This post is rough to read.  It seems to diminish someone who dares to age, grow, or stick around.  It also seems to place a human being into a cage where she can only leave if she accepts being a caricature.  These comments are ageist, sexist, misogynistic, and demeaning.  As if Madonna has lost both her nature and value because she evolved in a way that all humans do.  This is a sad road to travel.  

Dares to age? 😂😂😂 pumping her face full of garbage and  extreme facetuning on every picture she posts is not daring to age. SHE is presenting a caricature of herself all over social media.