MEGARATE: Confessions on a Dance Floor era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

Results quite predictable. We all know that Get together is a fan favourite, and I'm happy about Forbidden love - which had the unforgettable choreo for the tour.

I won't try to defend Hey You more than I did already. This song came out during one of the darkest moments of my life and literally saved me. Gave me the strenght that I needed. Can't say the same about SuperFlop :laughing:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Results quite predictable. We all know that Get together is a fan favourite, and I'm happy about Forbidden love - which had the unforgettable choreo for the tour.

I won't try to defend Hey You more than I did already. This song came out during one of the darkest moments of my life and literally saved me. Gave me the strenght that I needed. Can't say the same about SuperFlop :laughing:

@EnricoIt's good to know that M's music gave you strength to survive that difficult moment in your life. It's good to have you still here, on Planet Earth :-)
"Hey You" is not that bad after all. It's just another "don't give up, stay strong, be yourself" kinda song, which seems to change people's lifes, which is good :-)
SuperFlop? What a great alternative title for that song xD

3 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

I thought Jump would be the third one because the hype sticker said "includes Sorry and Jump" :lol:

Actually that was the original plan.

At first only three singles were supposed to be released. Madonna wanted Hung Up, Get Together and Jump to be the three singles of the album, but Warner decided to go with Hung Up, Sorry and Jump.

However, due to the fact that Get Together was the third best-selling song on the album (probably due to the fact that it was performed live on TV), it was decided that Get Together would also be a single before Jump in order to coincide with the start of the Confessions Tour. Jump was then pushed back and released as the 4th single.

How High and Like It Or Not reminds me of Depeche Mode as well as Goldfrapp.

Forbidden Love, Sorry, Let It Will Be (especially the Confessions Tour Version), Future Lovers, and Jump are a great tracks too, but Hung Up is inevitably iconic.

Thanks @Curtains. This album is a piece of ART! 💜💜💜

On 6/22/2022 at 10:23 PM, Roy said:

No one can defeat Hung Up. A dangerously infectious track. :D

The song never struck a chord with me. I find it incredibly cheesy. The song is NOTHING other than an odd revamp of Love Song without the ABBA sample. Get Together & Forbidden Love totally blow it out of the water.

15 hours ago, PanditaRulez said:

Yes because this album was literally "Confessions on a Filler Floor" 

Bullshit. This album is probably her most consistent in terms of quality. It‘s miles ahead of a good 75% of her discography.

Even conceptually it‘s so strong. She‘s reflecting on her first 4 albums with a bunch of tracks directly or indirectly linking back to songs from those albums. It‘s almost as if she transported her first 4 albums into this time and age while incorporating her early disco days into it. It’s absolutely fantastic and incredibly well conceptualized.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a bad ranking, actually. How High should've been higher imo but I'm used to it not being a fan favorite for some reason haha. Hung Up has diminished with me over time but it's still a great song and a Madonna classic so no gripes about it being number 1. Factually that's probably where it should be. In the end Confessions ranking wasn't much of a bloodbath, probably because it's a such a universally fan favorite overall. Maybe Hard Candy is where the blood bath will be lol MDNA too.l