Julia Garner Offered Madonna Role in Universal Biopic

proxy

Ok @TonyMontana we could make a comparison with Baz Luhrmann's Elvis.

Austin Butler doesn't look like Elvis at all, I have to say it's quite annoying - at least from the trailer.

Still, apparently, the performance is great and the movie is great. We need to watch the movie to see if it was the right choice. Something similar could happen for the Madonna biopic. And in this case we can say that Elvis is as iconic as her, also it's a lot easier to find a lookalike because a girl who looks like 1979 Madonna has so much in common with 1985/1986 Madonna, for instance.

After all, Jamie Auld, who was stunningly similar in the pictures of the Breakfast Club documentary, was very disappointing because in the movie the physical features were not enough to look like M. She didn't have the movement, the voice, the personality.

29 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Ok @TonyMontana we could make a comparison with Baz Luhrmann's Elvis.

Austin Butler doesn't look like Elvis at all, I have to say it's quite annoying - at least from the trailer.

Still, apparently, the performance is great and the movie is great. We need to watch the movie to see if it was the right choice. Something similar could happen for the Madonna biopic. And in this case we can say that Elvis is as iconic as her, also it's a lot easier to find a lookalike because a girl who looks like 1979 Madonna has so much in common with 1985/1986 Madonna, for instance.

After all, Jamie Auld, who was stunningly similar in the pictures of the Breakfast Club documentary, was very disappointing because in the movie the physical features were not enough to look like M. She didn't have the movement, the voice, the personality.

Well i never ever thought Jamie Auld (Rip) was a good choice, even in pictures. Anyway as i said, i hope i am proven wrong and when the movie is out i come here and say how impressed i am by Julia. It's just the fact that other than the physical features, Madonna has that 'italian/gipsy" spice, it's in her face, in the way she talks with hands, in the way she moves, the way she laughs, in her eybrows, in her whole attitude and that's what makes me skeptikal about julia Garner, cause this is something you have in the blood, in the DNA, and that you can't hardly recreate, even as a good actress. That is very present in Madonna's whole personna, even if most people don't mention it very often, that's present in every aspects of Madonna. That's that spice i'm talking about, you know it's like a pizza without hot saucage or a couscous without harissa 😂 !

52 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

No one here has ever said the girl needs to be an impersonator and doesn't have to be a good actress. This is absolutely reductiive to say so. What i say, and a few other members too, is that other than the acting skills (which is absolutely an important factor), the person has to have at least some physical features similar to the star she portrays and most of all emanates something similar, and Julia Garner has nothing similar to Madonna, nor doesn't emanates anything Madonna at all in my opinion. Of course no one is 100% similar to another person, i guess anyone knows it.

2DA56D3F-562E-47C5-A7E6-18E00B3C70C5.thumb.jpeg.f25697726c941871893380c2a2b4bb52.jpeg

Enough said. 

Also I love Florence but she looks even less like Madonna than Julia does.

She is the One. I'm very pleased with this choice because God knows this film needs all the goodwill it can get with Madonna in the director's chair.

I think Julia is the perfect fit because she is in a similar position than Rami Malek was before Bohemian Rhapsody and the Oscars - she is an acclaimed 2x Emmy winner with a cult following but she's not terribly overexposed, so this could be a star vehicle for her, no doubt she will give her all.

Reactions have been overwhelmingly positive, so fingers crossed this movie does well!.

tVeRNxg.jpg

This is great news and publicity for the biopic - im still nervous about M directing it though. i just feel like movie wise, whatever she puts her name too is just damned from the start and of course i would love to be proved wrong but we've been here many many times before .....

i just started watching ozark and i think JG is a great actress but so was Andrea Riseborough who was unfairly ignored from any awards for her amazing performance in WE. Sure the film wasnt great but she was mesmerizing in that

i just hope M can finally get this project off the ground as it seems to be taking fucking forever to start ....

23 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

This is great news and publicity for the biopic - im still nervous about M directing it though. i just feel like movie wise, whatever she puts her name too is just damned from the start and of course i would love to be proved wrong but we've been here many many times before .....

i just started watching ozark and i think JG is a great actress but so was Andrea Riseborough who was unfairly ignored from any awards for her amazing performance in WE. Sure the film wasnt great but she was mesmerizing in that

i just hope M can finally get this project off the ground as it seems to be taking fucking forever to start ....

You're absolutely right because people are praising Julia saying she's too good to play her or that theyll only see it because of her since they can't stand Madonna. I think with the perfect cast it will most likely be a success. Madonna is very much like Hillary Clinton.

As for WE i thought it was REALLY good and i actually tricked my sister into watching it and distracted her when Madonna's  name came on so the entire movie she had no idea and fell in love with...then when ending credits came on she couldn't believe it. People are too hung up on who Madonna is that they cannot judge anything she does fairly. I have faith though. I'm sending this all the positive vibes!

Julia Garner, it's the first time I've heard of her, so I decided to watch some of her videos on YouTube and I came to the conclusion that

I don't agree that she is the lucky actress destined to play such a complex character. I feel that she lacks that natural rebellion and mischievousness that has always characterized Madonna since her beginnings. I see her as very sweet, very good and boring, so I feel that it will be difficult for her to interpret someone totally different from her. Another thing that I don't like is that she has certain masculine features on her face that make her not look much like Madonna and give her a certain hard expression on her face and therefore less expressiveness.

Well, I have no choice but to Trust Madonna's perfectionism and demands when choosing the lucky actress who will play her and let's not end up disappointed when going to the cinema to see the movie with an actress who does not give the size at the end.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:17 AM, Askeroff said:

When i watching "Say Yes" i noticed Natalia Dyer have some pre Madonna vibes :Madonna001:

yes_god-natalie_dyer-_publicity_still_-_

natalia-dyer-for-wwd-july-2020-3.jpg

994399c4f59601fa3d1a22199a91aa47.jpg

6c250a7ab355731a60d680ac42a550e6.jpg

Madonna-early-photos6.jpgMadonna-early-photos5.jpg\

I can definitely see Madonna in her, she would definitely be a strong choice to play her, not only does she have the resemblance but the attitude and mannerisms, she should play Madonna. I don't know her, I'm not much into watching movies or series but when I saw your post I decided to watch some videos of her and you're absolutely right, I also felt that feeling of seeing the Madonna of the 80s.

10 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Julia Garner, it's the first time I've heard of her, so I decided to watch some of her videos on YouTube and I came to the conclusion that

I don't agree that she is the lucky actress destined to play such a complex character. I feel that she lacks that natural rebellion and mischievousness that has always characterized Madonna since her beginnings. I see her as very sweet, very good and boring, so I feel that it will be difficult for her to interpret someone totally different from her. Another thing that I don't like is that she has certain masculine features on her face that make her not look much like Madonna and give her a certain hard expression on her face and therefore less expressiveness.

Well, I have no choice but to Trust Madonna's perfectionism and demands when choosing the lucky actress who will play her and let's not end up disappointed when going to the cinema to see the movie with an actress who does not give the size at the end.

Finally, someone who isn't afraid to speak the truth. She has the talent but isn't THE talent to play M. I've watched her interviews & scenes but I just don't see it.

One thing I will say is that she does have the chameleon factor, but will it hold up to play a "bigger than life" character (M)?

I respect you have doubts about her but in my opinion, it's not about "not being afraid to speak the truth". 

She's a professional actress. You don't have to "see it". She just have to act and convince you, it's her job and what she's good at.

She's already convinced Madonna and a whole team of casting and movie professionals but you don't "see it" watching a couple of interviews of her... that's my point. Just wait, please. If the movie is out and Julia is not great, I'll be the first one to say so. But in the meantime, trust Madonna and her project - I don't believe she's messing with it at all.