Beautiful Stranger appreciation thread

Starchild

Peak era for her, impressive song, that was a great hit at the end of the ROL promotion, She looked amazing, was sweet and fun so her vocals were perfect, relaxed,  rich and mesmerizing, That´s the Madonna the wold love. It´s true the song might be now a little bit forgotten, but I would say so many of the best artists ever are really being forgotten, it is a shame...

I heard it for first time while doing grocery shop by my house. I thought it was Natalie Imbruglia , Dannii Minogue or some pop dancey sound at the time. Then I recognized Madonna's voice and I was confused/surprised.

Like Into the Groove is one song that I grew tired of, it's good, it's catchy and it has a perfect pop hit formula but I'm listening to it depending of the mood and I skip it sometimes. Not the biggest fans of the mixes. But it's a classic Orbit sound and works well.

Thank you so much @Vasili for creating this thread ! 

This thread is my home ! "Beautiful stranger" is my fav Madonna song ever, both song and video. This is Madonna at her happiest, most positive energy ever.  

As i already said several times on the forum, 1999 was a year i loved, maybe the best year of my life, and ironically, i feel like that was a moment M was very happy too, she's just had Lola who was now 3 years (the age your baby gets very very interesting), she's just has the best come back era ever with "Ray of light", she was 40, and age where women usually feel very good, she was single (and yes i do believe Madonna is way more alive and connecred to the world when she is single - see this last month) so i do feel that was the times she very, deeply happy. You could feel that serrenity, happiness and real positivity in every interviews, songs, videos she made that year. Beautiful Stranger is nothing but delicious eye and hear candy, it is sexy without even trying too much, it's sweet, it's charming and so is her voice. I'm not even talking about how effortlessly sexy and stunning she is in the video... 

I'm just about to have my morning shower and you know what, i will blast the song ! so thank you for this thread ! 

madonna beautiful stranger GIFmadonna beautiful stranger GIF

I've always loved this song! It has such a retro feel to it that is so charming and cute. She was adorable and funny in the music video - very sassy and down to earth at the same time. 

I also love the opening line, "Haven't we met?" It really flips things around; a woman asking a man that as a pickup line. Very cool. She's never been afraid to be androgynous, that's for sure.

Great song. I rate it a 10/10.

Wonderful posts that make realise how much I have adored the woman and what a amazing carreer she has had.

I think one of the big problems that Madonna´s carreer have today is that we don´t see anymore her tender, sweeter and more positive side. I think the world loved her when she was at her most positive, happy and light, see Who´s that girl video, true blue, this one of austin powers, American pie, ROL or Don´t tell me. 

Lately she seems always like on bad mood, without smiling or having light: we miss that part of her.

Y'all, there's so much love for Ms. Beautiful Stranger here and I am liking it. :D

The first time I listened to it was way back in 2013 when I was listening to the Celebration compilation to get a feel of what Madonna's discography would be like. I went into the track and it was just hypnotic and fun that I was just bouncing around and getting hooked on the "dadadadadadada da-da-dada-daaa" part. It's a boost of serotonin that would get me through the day.

Madonna looked incredible in the music video, just so effortlessly beautiful and fun to look at.

I hope she makes more music soundtracks soon because look at the material! Into the Groove, Crazy for You, Gambler, Who's That Girl, Causing a Commotion, Look of Love, I'll Remember, DIE ANOTHER DAY and Masterpiece. Bops after bops after bops! She's insane for this.

7 minutes ago, Roy said:

I hope she makes more music soundtracks soon because look at the material! Into the Groove, Crazy for You, Gambler, Who's That Girl, Causing a Commotion, Look of Love, I'll Remember, DIE ANOTHER DAY and Masterpiece. Bops after bops after bops! She's insane for this.

And Live to tell and This used to be my playground!

And American pie + the wonderful Time stood stll!

And obviously Dick Tracy + Evita!