Madonna Back In Studio With Jozzy

Shoful

1 hour ago, baymad4her said:

She sounds incredibly dull, as soon as I read about boring activism and LGBT and a woman of colour, I stopped reading. Madonna needs to stop working with these ridiculous virtue signallers and work with proper people that could actually give her a hit.

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

Delete this 

7 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

She does not seem interested anymore in making music that her fans are going to love  - she practically said as much in an interview about the Madame X tour that she was more interested in pleasing herself than her audience 

And that's fucking fantastic. To me, Madame X was a big step in the right direction (getting back to the path she was on with American Life). 

27 minutes ago, slutpride said:

And that's fucking fantastic. To me, Madame X was a big step in the right direction (getting back to the path she was on with American Life). 

I see your point to be fair comparing Madame X to MDNA and Rebel Heart

I thought and hoped after the Ray of Light to Confessions period might have carried on with the electronic/disco/cool sound but still experimental from album to album kind of like what Roisin Murphy has been doing and maybe is more what alot of her fans might like but maybe one day she will make another album on that path again sonically 

Madame x only would pray to be half as good as American Life was, and I would pray for it too. On one album we had Love profussion, Intervention, Die another day, Nothing fails ...only naming a few gems. On the other we have Bitch I´m a loca, Funana, and Batuka, and many other tuneless and very long and boring songs with a robotic voice.  need I say more?

11 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I see your point to be fair comparing Madame X to MDNA and Rebel Heart

I thought and hoped after the Ray of Light to Confessions period might have carried on with the electronic/disco/cool sound but still experimental from album to album kind of like what Roisin Murphy has been doing and maybe is more what alot of her fans might like but maybe one day she will make another album on that path again sonically 

Yeah, I'd absolutely love that too! In the meantime, I'll take what I can get. It's an absolute waste of time and energy to constantly complain that an artist is not giving you what you demand of them. 

3 hours ago, jesus said:

Fully agree. She's at her best when she does what she wants. 

Ya those album sales are really working out for her. 
only hardcore fans are buying her albums now so further alienating them doesn’t seem to be so wise. If we get another RH or MX I’m not even going to bother buying it. 

4 hours ago, baymad4her said:

She sounds incredibly dull, as soon as I read about boring activism and LGBT and a woman of colour, I stopped reading. Madonna needs to stop working with these ridiculous virtue signallers and work with proper people that could actually give her a hit.

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

I hope that was mostly from a place of irony because that can come off very offensive in some circles, and in much of that profile was a sense of accomplishment and pride in who they are as a minority in system ruled by the majority. That’s the American Life. Madonna chooses to bring these individuals into her work… since like forever ago. That’s her platform. Sometimes it’s Stuart Price or William Orbit like characters and then other times it’s someone like Starrah, Babyface, Jelly bean, Mykki Blanco, or even Tupac. She turns to the minorities for inspiration and then brings them onto her platform with her. That’s the most I’ll say on it, because we should happy she’s even working on something new outside the compilation or movie. But I understand the expression of opinion, let’s just remember we should always trying thinking from multiple points of view and how our opinion may read to others.

6 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Implying that LGBTQ people and people of colour should not speak their truth or that we are in some way not "proper" in our fields of experience is an incredibly problematic point of view. Are you high? Or just privileged?

Right? Spent the 80s to early 2000s dragging artists out of the closet and now they’re just dismissed as virtue signalers? I’m gonna be as out and loud as I want to be and artists should be able to as well!

9 hours ago, baymad4her said:

I was waiting for that predictable comment about being privileged, oh, yes, I am so privileged living in my housing association flat wondering how I'm going to pay my rent and choosing whether to have the heating on or have something to eat.

martin freeman yawn GIF

What does Madonna and the people she chooses to work with have to do with your shitty life choices? 

10 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

She does not seem interested anymore in making music that her fans are going to love  - she practically said as much in an interview about the Madame X tour that she was more interested in pleasing herself than her audience 

I am a fan and I love all of M's eras.  Madame X was fantastic.  I saw the interview that you are referencing but I took it as M announcing that she was not gonna chase trends but focus on the art.  

Jozzy?, it's the first time I heard her name but when I checked her Spotify profile and read that she defines herself as an activist against discrimination, that encouraged me to watch her video thinking that maybe she would make a difference in not using women as a sexual object but seeing scenes where men slap women's butts or dedicate close-up shots to that part of the body, as if the butt is the most important part of the woman proved me wrong. Being a man I find it disgusting and unpleasant and I am surprised to see how the years go by and this reality does not change, we continue to see how women are denigrated in these music videos and worse is when they are artists who brag that they are against discrimination but their actions show the opposite. Well, in the end it is just an opinion, it is not a personal struggle, that is up to women who, if they want to achieve change, must openly protest against it and be more radical in their struggle, otherwise this will continue for eternity.

vlcsnap-2022-06-13-15h31m20s477dddddd.thumb.png.7b483f1ab81efb352124a3ba2c42f5ed.png

And not to deviate from the topic, I have a feeling that this collaboration does not imply a new theme but a new version of one of her hits, I can't guess which will be the unfortunate song chosen by Madonna for this but we'll see very soon. Something like what happened at the SuperBowl where there were so many guests that I don't even remember their names anymore. But what we fans who have become addicted to their music want is new material! It's already been three years that Madonna has us suffering from this musical drought, she should take pity on us and give us even if it's a new song while we wait for the release of her new album and thus be able to endure the abstinence to which she has subjected us.

25 minutes ago, TOpher said:

You’re the one bringing your pathetic life into this. Get over yourself.

Pathetic life! I live in a Riverside apartment overlooking the water, I have great friends and a social life, my life is far from pathetic. Get over yourself you pathetic snowflake.

12 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Implying that LGBTQ people and people of colour should not speak their truth or that we are in some way not "proper" in our fields of experience is an incredibly problematic point of view. Are you high? Or just privileged?

Poison brain alert...it's a deadly virus that woke nonsense.

Wear your mental masks and keep it away