Anitta performing Faz Gostoso @ Pride

wonderboy

Under Warner, it may have been a single. She didn’t want to make it a single. It didn’t fit what she was doing overall. You can tell because people requesting it struck a nerve and she finally addressed it at one of MXT shows where she clearly didn’t like the idea. With Hard Candy she wanted Candy Shop as the lead single but being a lead single, I imagine Warner a great deal more say considering promo was in the middle court. But then you have Music where she wanted Impressive Instant and they wanted Amazing as fourth singles and then it was a stale mate and nothing happened outside the promo remix for Imoressive Instant. 

45 minutes ago, gafuller said:

You can tell because people requesting it struck a nerve and she finally addressed it at one of MXT shows where she clearly didn’t like the idea.

What was said?

Cause during interviews, both M and Anitta have stated there wasn’t a budget for the video which is why there wasn’t a single.

47 minutes ago, gafuller said:

Under Warner, it may have been a single. She didn’t want to make it a single. It didn’t fit what she was doing overall. You can tell because people requesting it struck a nerve and she finally addressed it at one of MXT shows where she clearly didn’t like the idea. With Hard Candy she wanted Candy Shop as the lead single but being a lead single, I imagine Warner a great deal more say considering promo was in the middle court. But then you have Music where she wanted Impressive Instant and they wanted Amazing as fourth singles and then it was a stale mate and nothing happened outside the promo remix for Imoressive Instant. 

I don't know, maybe you're right and she didn't care much about it being basically a cover, but I think she would gladly have approved it being a single IF a music video could have been shot. She ran out of her budget for the videos by the time the song started to take off on Spotify and YouTube (I guess a certain amount was set for all the album videos, 5 of them up until that point) but still there was a week in New York where she was posting constantly about "waiting for Anitta". I think they would have made something that week in NY if Anitta would have been available and not on tour.

The "Madame X" campaign was pretty much a mix between self personal satisfaction and artistic messages (the "Dark Ballet" and "Batuka" videos) and the go with the flow/see what sticks attitude - "Crave" being a single and the video was a last minute thing, for instance, cause it started to have positive reactions from some radios.

13 hours ago, wonderboy said:

From

"@lastromant1que Anitta singing a medley of I'd rather have sex and Faz Gostoso featuring Madonna is everything the LGBTQIA community wanted #LAPride #PrideMonth"

Omg this is one of my most fave Madonna songs and HUGE HUGE mistake for not releasing this song as 2nd single - I mean perfect setup after Medellin and maluma. Instead she went with crave with swae Lee 

On 6/13/2022 at 11:58 AM, deathproof said:

What was said?

Cause during interviews, both M and Anitta have stated there wasn’t a budget for the video which is why there wasn’t a single.

Yeah, that was essentially why. But there was a clip, and I’d have to hunt on Instagram for it, but she was on the piano and there were shouts or requests or maybe she was just venting to the audience but she basically said what’s the big deal with Faz Gostoso. 

On 6/13/2022 at 11:58 AM, Prayer said:

I don't know, maybe you're right and she didn't care much about it being basically a cover, but I think she would gladly have approved it being a single IF a music video could have been shot. She ran out of her budget for the videos by the time the song started to take off on Spotify and YouTube (I guess a certain amount was set for all the album videos, 5 of them up until that point) but still there was a week in New York where she was posting constantly about "waiting for Anitta". I think they would have made something that week in NY if Anitta would have been available and not on tour.

The "Madame X" campaign was pretty much a mix between self personal satisfaction and artistic messages (the "Dark Ballet" and "Batuka" videos) and the go with the flow/see what sticks attitude - "Crave" being a single and the video was a last minute thing, for instance, cause it started to have positive reactions from some radios.

I agree. I wonder if when she was “waiting on Anitta” that was code for thinking Anitta was gonna get approval to fund a music video. Who knows. I still think it could’ve been pushed and promoted with remixes. We had I Rise promoted with remixes and performances and not an official music video with her even involved from TIME. Could’ve landed another club hit. Same with God Control. Who knows.