Which remix is better than the original?

judas2015

5 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I think she is the queen of pop for the album versions

Well, many album versions are masterpieces, but many remixes are even better. This is the greatness of her music, you can enjoy the same song with different styles. She even prefer remixes than album versions when she make the setlist for her tours.

33 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I actually don't prefer the 7" version of Like a Prayer myself because it misses part of the intro. The rest is, of course, brilliant. Love the Prince guitar riff at the end and the added instrumentation here and there.

Well, if the five seconds missing of the intro is a problem, you can download this 7'' Version with the album version length (5:40) :)

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

15 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Well, if the five seconds missing of the intro is a problem, you can download this 7'' Version with the album version length (5:40) :)

Yep I downloaded one similar already but thanks for the link anyway. :)  I just supposed we were talking about 100% official versions otherwise there are tons of versions that can be mentionned.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Yep I downloaded one similar already but thanks for the link anyway. :)  I just supposed we were talking about 100% official versions otherwise there are tons of versions that can be mentionned.

At least I was talking about official versions. Sometimes fanmade edits can be even better but that is another story.

As for remixes that don't change the vibe of the song completely but keep quite close to the original, I prefer

- Borderline (7" Remix)

- Material Girl (QSound Mix) 

- Open Your Heart (QSound Mix) - too early fade, such a good hall effect on her voice

- Causing A Commotion (Silver Screen Single Mix)

- Spotlight (Single Edit)

- Like A Prayer (7" Version)

- Express Yourself (Local Mix)

- Keep It Together (Single Remix)

- Hanky Panky (Bare Bones Single Mix)

- Fever (Edit Two)

- American Life (Oakenfold Downtempo Remix)

- Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix Edit)

- Bitch I'm Madonna (Sander Kleinenberg Remix)

Hard to think of remixes that I actually prefer and not just faves

Express Yourself (Immaculate Collection Mix)  - But the original works better on the album 

Keep It Together (Single Mix)

Fever (Edit One/Two)

Let It Will Be (Paper Faces Mix)

Girl Gone Wild (Justin Cognito Mix)

Bitch I'm Madonna (Diplo Mix)

4 hours ago, subversive said:

I don't understand lists of 20-ish remixes better than the original... being a fan doesn't make sense, but go gurls!

Because many of us knew Madonna at the disco, and loved her for those remixes. And those remixes made us fans, and made us to buy her singles and maxis, not her albums (of course we buy her albums because we are fans and we can love different versions of the same song).  Even Madonna prefer remixes many times.