Which remix is better than the original?

judas2015

6 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

It hurts me (lol) when people and even Madonna prefer the sterile and noisy remix of Celebration, rather than the beautiful, melancholic but energic album version. 

While I like Benny Benassi's remix of Celebration (mainly due to the MDNA Tour), I have to agree here. My favorite is still the original version produced by Paul Oakenfold, and I also prefer the Felguk Love Remix than the Benassi one.

18 hours ago, Shoful said:

People really saying that Honey Dijon IDSIF over the masterpiece that is the original. What kind of world are we living in :dead:

I don’t like many of her remixes over the original but I think Fever Edit Two is. Oh and I guess if the tour version of Future counts but that’s like a different version completely lol

I saw the MXT version Future coming a mile away when I saw your name 🤣🤣🤣 Keep Madame X alive!!!

I really love (and I retain by far superior to the album versions) the Remix edit/single versions of Borderline, Dress you up, True blue, Causing a commotion, Like a prayer, Express yourself, Cherish, Keep it together, Vogue, Hanky panky, Rescue me and Fever (edit one).

Also some IC remix stand out and beat the album versions: Lucky star, Like a Virgin, Material girl and Papa don't preach

Everybody and Over and over for me are listenable only in the YCD single promo edit versions.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I really love Shep's Remedy Dub of Fever and Junior's Soundfactory Dub of Bedtime Story...of course Above & Beyond's remix of WIFLFAG...she's had so many that were just mind blowing

The Remedy Dub! Those horns!!

I'll also add to my list the Junkie XL, Rebirth and Peter remixes of "4 Minutes".

And Peter's Mix of "Mother & Father".  Love the original, but this one has the edge. Turning it into a ballroom moment midway through still floors me.

Causing A Commotion- Silver Screen Single Mix. Much better flow in the remix and not "stuttering" like the album version. A superior mix.

I'll Remember- Orbit Remix. A bit smoother flow in the mix than the rather clanky album version.

Supernatural- Original Arms House Mix. Spooky and eerie, without the noisy production of the original.  I think it's the sliding piano... ;)

14 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

But they are not remixes. They are just album edits. Anyway I agree with you, many album edits are better than the album versions.

ha ha i was thinkin the same by the time i did post it...to think that some studio versions (of the tour versions) are better than the album cut :tongue:

Some remixes are as good as the originals but it's very rare that it would be better. These are my picks:

Borderline - Single/Video remix
Causing a Commotion - Silver Screen
Express Yourself - Video version/Shep's
Love Profusion - Ralphi Rosaria
Celebration - Benny Benassi
Medellin - Sphinx remix
I Rise - Tracy Young

Automatically this remix of Erotica came to my mind that although it is not official but made by a fan that takes the background music of one of the PetShopBoys songs and merges it with Erotica, the result ends up being a pretty good mix, besides that makes the song take on a melancholy sense. Personally it makes me think of those unfortunate people who lived in the past or maybe right now in the present who, due to religious fears or social scandal, never fully lived out their sexuality or dared to fulfill their fantasies and once they reach old age is when they end up regretting having given in to social pressures or the moralistic customs of society but that it is already too late, they will no longer be able to return to the past and will live the rest of their days with the sorrow of not having lived life to the fullest on the sexual level.

Still not sure which remixes I find better than the original, even after listening to some of them for more than 35 years (😳), but these :

• Causing a Commotion (Silver Screen)
  • LAP (7")
  • EYvideo, Non-Stop, Stop & Go, Local versions
  • KIT 12" and why not Supernatural house version
  • JML (Orbit edit)
  • Rescue Me, almost all versions are as good as the Immaculate original.
  • Bedtime Story by Orbital
  • Erotica: MAW remixes & dubs
  • D&DDavid Morales remixes & dubs
  • The whole Fever remix batch
  • Same for I'll Remember
  • SDP / Thin White Duck or Duke / Jacques Lu Cont versions were all stellar
  • Nothing Fails (Peter Rauhofer's Classic House Mix)
  • MATM: Justice Extended, Kanye West & Rishi Rich remixes
  • Ghosttown (RedTop's If I Were a Carpenter Remix)
  • Bitch I'm Loca (ItsMiggs Remix)

and the beat goes on...