MADAME ❌ TURNS THREE!! ❌❌❌

Shoful

A great album, sadly misunderstood and/or ignored (by many fans, too).

The fact that after more than 35 years working she was able to do such a body of work... amazing. I'd like to think time will be kind to "Madame X", let's see.

My fave, this song:

Everything I wanted from Madonna in 2019: a modern sound but with all the emotions of old school Madonna.

I also LOVED the "Medellín" video:

Felt like a proper FIRST SINGLE epic moment.

Long live Madame X!

15 minutes ago, Prayer said:

A great album, sadly misunderstood and/or ignored (by many fans, too).

The fact that after more than 35 years working she was able to do such a body of work... amazing. I'd like to think time will be kind to "Madame X", let's see.

My fave, this song:

Everything I wanted from Madonna in 2019: a modern sound but with all the emotions of old school Madonna.

I also LOVED the "Medellín" video:

Felt like a proper FIRST SINGLE epic moment.

Long live Madame X!

I couldn’t agree more with everything stated. When I tell you she must’ve tapped into my brain to make Madame X because it’s legit everything I wanted.

I got into her catalogue right when Rebel Heart came out. And I slowly fell in love with American Life. I desperately wanted her to hire Mirwais again and wanted her to make a political album due to the Trump years, I knew she would have a lot to say. And of course I wanted a return to the visuals she delivered earlier in her career and a persona like the old days. And I literally got every single thing I wished for. I don’t think an album will ever again hit every single hope I could have. And the cherry on top is I got to meet her twice. We got: 

The Madame X persona

6 music videos

A mini documentary

A BRILLIANT photoshoot

The EPIC teaser which is her best imagery in probably 20 years maybe ever

Return of Mirwais 

Return of her songwriting. Most of the songs are written by just her and the producer. 
The most political songs shes ever released! 

An introduction to her singing in different languages. I know she’s done it before but nothing to this level. Absolutely brilliant

I just cannot get enough of this album

The time when I was seriously starting to dig into her discography and turning into a super fan, but I was totally not giving a single 🦆 about MX in particular, I even remember disliking Medellin lol. Eventually I got caught up in this album much later, last summer specifically, i feel very connected to it and I find it, sh, a great melancholic but also fun "summer" album. MX is a 3 years old...... 💋...... 👶🍼

As a work of art, MX certainly succeeded, but as a pop album, too many parts didn't fit together and could have been better shaped by a more suitable producer. Dark Ballet could have been an epic masterpiece like Bohemian Rapsody, but turned into a curious sound collage without any form.

Especially some remixes of I Rise, Crave, Medellin, God Control, I Don't Search or Come Alive I found superior to the album productions. They showed that many songs had the potential to be hits and that the album could have been constructed in a more commercial and catchy / radio-friendly way. But unfortunately that wasn't Madonna's intention.

40 minutes ago, Levon said:

As a work of art, MX certainly succeeded, but as a pop album, too many parts didn't fit together and could have been better shaped by a more suitable producer. Dark Ballet could have been an epic masterpiece like Bohemian Rapsody, but turned into a curious sound collage without any form.

Especially some remixes of I Rise, Crave, Medellin, God Control, I Don't Search or Come Alive I found superior to the album productions. They showed that many songs had the potential to be hits and that the album could have been constructed in a more commercial and catchy / radio-friendly way. But unfortunately that wasn't Madonna's intention.

thats exactly how i feel too - too much vocoder too but i did like bonus tracks ciao bella and funana aswell and i also liked the fact how much work she put into the videos too so bravo to that M xxx

This album was saved by the remixes/ mashups for me, official and fan made.The only tracks I keep going back to are the bonus tracks and "Come Alive". "Funana" would have made a great single and no one can change my mind. "Ciao Bella" is just everything. These are the versions I've had on repeat ( and Monsieur Adi's IDSIF Mix. There is a download link on this forum in the audios but no Youtube video. Probably the most interesting mix):

I understand that some fans don't like the album but I don't get the pompous comments at all. How so? I just find "Madame X" to be the perfect combination of all the Madonnas we've get to know through the years:

- The political Madonna ("God Control").

- The Latin Madonna ("Medellín").

- The Urban Madonna ("Future").

- The romantic Madonna ("Crave").

- The Dance-I'm gonna give the gays all they want Madonna ("I Don't Search I Find").

- The experimental Madonna ("Dark Ballet").

- The "I just found a new thing I'm passionate about - and now it's Portugal" Madonna ("Killers", etc.).

- The Auto-Tuned Madonna! Yes, bad news but she started doing that in the "Music" album, back in 2000.

- The ally Madonna ("I Rise").

While stepping into some new ground sonically.

I'll stop now.

What I mean is: I see "Madame X" as the perfect excuse to be everything she is and wants to be, after two failed albums and accepting that commercial success is no longer an option, finally taking off all the layers, excuses, expectations and being, just being: her.

She's Madame X... X-X-X!!

Madonna

Love it! Can’t play without listening to the whole thing. Had a magic couple of days with it just last week…….Yeahhhh I’ve got loads of bones to pick with it like having  autotune-robonna on for the entire album and no radio friendly single, but I just love it……and videos!! While it was a very sloppy campaign we given loads!!

always will have a home in my top 5

although there were some weird things that happened like the shows getting cancelled and stuff, i think both the album and the conceptual show are some of her most thought provoking and best work to date. i really feel like that the message still going over a lot of peoples heads 3 years later! cheers to my fellow freedom fighters :) 

I can’t say I don’t like it nor I like it… it feels too much & nothing at the same time… but my current favorites:

(Caio Bella, Come Alive, & Crazy)

also I used to like but not at moment lol (God Control, Extreme Occident, Killers Who Are Parting & I Don’t Search I Find)

I just CANT stand Dark Ballet.