Madonna and Tokischa in studio.

Askeroff

The fact that a song reaches number one does not necessarily mean that it is a quality product, as an example we have precisely this song she made with Rosalia called Linda where the lyrics are terrifyingly ridiculous, full of vulgar phrases and where false lesbianism is promoted since it encourages friends to kiss each other on the mouth for no reason and only to seem cool and empowered when in the end it is only to satisfy the morbidity of men and receive their acceptance. Definitely I do not take with joy this news of this collaboration given the background of this      artist. Madonna should collaborate with Shakira, she is indeed a source of pride for Latinos, her career is clean without reaching vulgarity and the lyrics of her songs are elaborate and almost poetic. That collaboration would really make my day.

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

I’d rather she worked with Rosalia, rather than someone that worked with her…that nobody has heard of. But here we are. 

I doubt that Madonna will do it because Rosalia, in a certain way, spurned an invitation from Madonna herself to perform for her on a birthday that she had in Morocco because she demanded too much money that Madonna naturally refused to pay because she was not yet as popular as she is today.. An attitude of Rosalia that puzzles me because who in their right mind would despise an invitation made  by such a musical personality as Madonna is. On the contrary I think that she should not have charged her anything since how many would have wanted to be in her place and act before such Godness of music. An opportunity that she foolishly missed but that Fate, in any case, wanted to lead her to the success she enjoys today.

6 hours ago, deathproof said:

“A woman’s work is never done”

I guess these are for the WoW event?

do u think they record  first ever NFT song that sampled Holiday?

and u can hear it only if u NFT holder  :hallwaylaugh:

cause Madame X is an artist who gave birth to the new technologies  :Madonna055:

31 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

do u think they record  first ever NFT song that sampled Holiday?

and u can hear it only if u NFT holder  :hallwaylaugh:

cause Madame X is an artist who gave birth to the new technologies  :Madonna055:

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/kings-of-leon-when-you-see-yourself-album-nft-crypto-1135192/amp/

Problem is Madonna fans are not in tune with youth culture because they are not young anymore and she's going after it like she's always gone after the zeigeist. That's the reason why Madame X is still fresh 3 years later. I'm glad she's not into making an effing disco album like they all do. She already did. 17 years ago. And i clearly remember fans hating it because they thought she was cheapenig herself after the more non commerial American Life. They hated that she used an Abba sample, they hated she wore a leotard at 47. Now they all have catch up with it. 

The only worry i have is not the artists she collaborates with because there's always the Madonna touch in the struture of what she does, my worry is her voice. By trying to filter it to sound young (the same way she filters her face, incidentally) she sounds cold dead and robotic, even grating (she's been doing it since 4 Minutes, at first i thought it was Demo Castellon but it's obviously something she wants since she's doing it even worst with Lauren D'Elia....that's why i don't blame Ricardo Gomes for his face edits either, he does what he's told to do and that's why he's by her side and not someone else) that's where i disconnect from her.

6 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I doubt that Madonna will do it because Rosalia, in a certain way, spurned an invitation from Madonna herself to perform for her on a birthday that she had in Morocco because she demanded too much money that Madonna naturally refused to pay because she was not yet as popular as she is today.. An attitude of Rosalia that puzzles me because who in their right mind would despise an invitation made  by such a musical personality as Madonna is. On the contrary I think that she should not have charged her anything since how many would have wanted to be in her place and act before such Godness of music. An opportunity that she foolishly missed but that Fate, in any case, wanted to lead her to the success she enjoys today.

Rosalia like Madonna is a business woman and she wasn't starting her career when this happened. That's why Madonna was trying to reach somehow. Rosalia had a strong team with her and global selling album, big production of videos and invitation to shows and festivals around the globe. She was the 'it' and she kept going.

Is not like she turn down an invitation for her birthday party but a work offer where she wasn't paid what she demanded.

Of course she knows Tokischa through Rosalía, Madonna has said many times she loves Rosalía and would love to work with her. And Tokischa has not one, two songs with Rosi.

The birthday thing, we all know how Madonna can be sometimes. She probably wanted Rosalía to perform for free for her, Rosalía's team entered and asked for some money (rightfully so) and the thing fell apart. But it wasn't that bad that Madonna was mad at her or anything, she kept mentioning Rosalía and expressing her desire to work with her all through the Madame X era.

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Of course she knows Tokischa through Rosalía, Madonna has said many times she loves Rosalía and would love to work with her. And Tokischa has not one, two songs with Rosi.

The birthday thing, we all know how Madonna can be sometimes. She probably wanted Rosalía to perform for free for her, Rosalía's team entered and asked for some money (rightfully so) and the thing fell apart. But it wasn't that bad that Madonna was mad at her or anything, she kept mentioning Rosalía and expressing her desire to work with her all through the Madame X era.

"The 60-year-old revealed that she discovered Rosalía’s music over a year ago and was determined to book her to perform at her birthday party. "I tried my very hardest to try to get her to come to Morocco for my birthday and perform for me and at that time, nobody knew who she was and I thought I was the only person who knew and thought I discovered someone," she said. "It got really complicated because when it was just me and her talking, it was a simple transaction and all she needed was her guitarist and some clappers and they were gonna share rooms because we were staying at a hotel that was really small and then a manager stepped in and then an agent stepped in and then five people were involved and then they wanted to charge an extraordinary amount of money and then it was 36 people, and I was like, 'wait, what?' so it never happened." "

4 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

"The 60-year-old revealed that she discovered Rosalía’s music over a year ago and was determined to book her to perform at her birthday party. "I tried my very hardest to try to get her to come to Morocco for my birthday and perform for me and at that time, nobody knew who she was and I thought I was the only person who knew and thought I discovered someone," she said. "It got really complicated because when it was just me and her talking, it was a simple transaction and all she needed was her guitarist and some clappers and they were gonna share rooms because we were staying at a hotel that was really small and then a manager stepped in and then an agent stepped in and then five people were involved and then they wanted to charge an extraordinary amount of money and then it was 36 people, and I was like, 'wait, what?' so it never happened." "

We never know what really happened, but I always got the feeling that Rosalía didn't really want to do it and all that was an excuse so Madonna finally said "OK, no". Madonna also acted foolishly, "nobody knew who she was" in her world maybe, but by Summer 2018 Rosalía had one of the biggest hits of the year in Spain and Latin countries with "Malamente" and about to release her second album. She was growing up and becoming a megastar quickly by then.

I truly believe Madonna loves Rosalía cause they have a similar kind of pop sensibility. They'd make a great team together, actually.

Just now, Prayer said:

We never know what really happened, but I always got the feeling that Rosalía didn't really want to do it and all that was an excuse so Madonna finally said "OK, no". Madonna also acted foolishly, "nobody knew who she was" in her world maybe, but by Summer 2018 Rosalía had one of the biggest hits of the year in Spain and Latin countries with "Malamente" and about to release her second album. She was growing up and becoming a megastar quickly by then.

I truly believe Madonna loves Rosalía cause they have a similar kind of pop sensibility. They'd make a great team together, actually.

That's Madonna saying what happened, on an interview for Spanish radio, she did say after that she loves everything Rosalia does and she would love to work with her at some point. I don't think there was any bad blood. But as I mentioned before Rosalia is a business woman with a strong team behind her. She is coming from a  wealthy family and had an education and money to create what she does. She didn't need a cameo with Madonna or anything like that to help her out. And her music and public was different too. Madonna is well known for gathering creatives that have some base and product and then utilize it on her benefit, making it a Madonna style. And Rosalia as she is proving with her last album is capable of come up with her own blends of music and styles and have her own voice.

I just don't understand why she's collab with all those unknown and  irrelevant rappers lately, while she can collab with someone who's actually really good and talented, someone like Roisin Muprhy, The Weeknd, Miley C or Doja C.  idk with Adele or Rihanna which could give her a worldwide hit,  now she's spending all the time for flop projects. 

It used to work for her when she was on top of her A game to work with people that were not known because she was popular and everyone was interested in her, unfortunately now Madonna needs people who are selling records and are popular, I'm not talking about shitkick but @molokoraised a valid point above 

You all, there's nothing wrong in the rap collabs (and I say that as someone who doesn't listen to rap and still ends up loving many rap songs and almost every feats in Katy Perry or M's music) the problem is she has been ONLY working with rappers since 2008. It became not only predictable, but eventually boring and just redundant and unexciting now. I'm not even enthusiastic about it for the only fact that she isn't working with anyone else. Bruh, she wants a hit? Why not going full dance with TheWeeknd or Dua Lipa then? Or even create a pop banger with someone like Katy or Doja ffs

15 minutes ago, Andreo said:

You all, there's nothing wrong in the rap collabs (and I say that as someone who doesn't listen to rap and still ends up loving many rap songs and almost every feats in Katy Perry or M's music) the problem is she has been ONLY working with rappers since 2008. It became not only predictable, but eventually boring and just redundant and unexciting now. I'm not even enthusiastic about it for the only fact that she isn't working with anyone else. Bruh, she wants a hit? Why not going full dance with TheWeeknd or Dua Lipa then? Or even create a pop banger with someone like Katy or Doja ffs

I honestly think it's simply a matter of what she likes and makes her feel good. I think she's stopped chasing hits fully since the "Rebel Heart" campaign flopped after giving her 200% with that. Plus it's not true she's only worked with rappers since 2018: Maluma and Anitta are not rappers, she did the "Levitating" remix with Dua Lipa, Sickick is also not a rapper, etc.

Of course she could go and do a dance/pop song with Katy and we'd all love it but, as she herself said one time: she can do that in her sleep. "I Don't Search I Find" is a proof that she could do 10 of those and make another "Confessions" type album is she wanted to. But I don't think that's exciting or challenging for her. And now she's doing most of the thing she does for herself.

…my worry is her voice. By trying to filter it to sound young (the same way she filters her face, incidentally) she sounds cold dead and robotic, even grating (she's been doing it since 4 Minutes, at first i thought it was Demo Castellon but it's obviously something she wants since she's doing it even worst with Lauren D'Elia....that's why i don't blame Ricardo Gomes for his face edits either, he does what he's told to do and that's why he's by her side and not someone else) that's where i disconnect from her.

Bingo. Her vocals do not excite me these days, sadly.