Projects abandoned by Madonna (or vice versa)

androiduser

I just remembered The Tulse Luper Suitcases, there was quite a lot of buzz about the project and in the end Madonna didn't participate, and even though the movie/series was made I don't think it lived up to its hype.

I think fans are most upset about Chicago, but from what I understood from the Goldie Hawn interview, it was a completely different movie than the one that ended up being made.

Madonna was also in talk to star in Boxing Helena, a major 90's flop, so luckily she dodged a bullet. She left Music of the Heart (then known as Fiddlefest, I believe?) due to creative differences with Wes Craven.

What else do we remember?

A remake of "Blue Angel".

Candy Darling biopic. 

Batman sequel with her as Harley Quinn and Howard Stern as Scarecrow.

Frank Sinatra duet.

A "live" album with The Girlie Show band.

The movie with Demi Moore but Demi got pregnant.

Remember when she wanted to play Hatsumomo and Frida Kahlo? Whew...

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Rugrats...as Dill Pickles. Yes...it's a real thing.

WHAT?! Was that the same one that was supposed to have the Tracy Young mix of "Over and Over" on the soundtrack? We were robbed tbh.

1 hour ago, Pootz333 said:

WHAT?! Was that the same one that was supposed to have the Tracy Young mix of "Over and Over" on the soundtrack? We were robbed tbh.

Not sure...he never spoke until the Grown Up spin off so basically she was just goint to coo lol

Aphex Twin almost happened too until he told her he wanted her to grunt and oink like a pig...i think he was just saying that to be a dick knowing she would NEVER.

She also wanted to direct what would later become the film Precious. 

Back to animation...she was also meant to play Gloria the hippo in Madagascar.

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not sure...he never spoke until the Grown Up spin off so basically she was just goint to coo lol

Aphex Twin almost happened too until he told her he wanted her to grunt and oink like a pig...i think he was just saying that to be a dick knowing she would NEVER.

She also wanted to direct what would later become the film Precious. 

Back to animation...she was also meant to play Gloria the hippo in Madagascar.

This was a wild ride💀

Should have caved for Aphex Twin tbh.

The duet for Streisand was going to happen for her 1993 Back To Broadway album. They had been recently together on tv (SNL) but it seems for schedule reasons, it was not possible at the end. Streisand reprised her idea for her Third broadway album on 2016, this time with Melissa Manchester.

The song is Anything you can do I can do a better: a comical duet about competition, very funny, with customed lyrics. I would have been fun!

The 2003 remastered albums Box Set. That would have been huge (for the fans at least).

But that wasn't abandoned by her, Warner didn't want to go on with it after "American Life" flopping.

Also, I remember the original "American Life" video was going to be released as a DVD-single or on DVD on the special edition of the album, but of course that was abandoned.

54 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The 2003 remastered albums Box Set. That would have been huge (for the fans at least).

But that wasn't abandoned by her, Warner didn't want to go on with it after "American Life" flopping.

Also, I remember the original "American Life" video was going to be released as a DVD-single or on DVD on the special edition of the album, but of course that was abandoned.

This was the most disappointing for me and any RIT dvds that never made it to the general public - I would love to know what was going to be in this box set - the fact they unearthed a song from BS no one has ever heard of really excites me for these album re-issues whenever we get an announcement 🥺🙄