Projects abandoned by Madonna (or vice versa)

androiduser

On 6/20/2022 at 10:50 AM, Pootz333 said:

Jonas Akerlund would have made a better "Gang Bang" video than Tarantino. Fight me!

How could we all forget the Luc Besson musical that became Confessions? Or was it a Luc Besson movie AND a musical? I can't remember specfics.

There was the Luc Besson musical and then there was the Hello Suckers musical...Hung Up came from the Besson musical and Devil came from Hello Suckers. If memory serves right...she had written stuff with Patrick for Hello Suckers.

There was also a rumor either during or shortly after RIT she was working with Martin Gore of Depeche Mode for her next album which ended up being Confessions.

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

There was the Luc Besson musical and then there was the Hello Suckers musical...Hung Up came from the Besson musical and Devil came from Hello Suckers. If memory serves right...she had written stuff with Patrick for Hello Suckers.

There was also a rumor either during or shortly after RIT she was working with Martin Gore of Depeche Mode for her next album which ended up being Confessions.

That's it! Thank you. Those both sounded like very interesting projects, but we got Confessions so I can't complain. I don't remember the Martin Gore rumour but that must have been exciting too. A Depeche Modonna era would have been something.

3 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

That's it! Thank you. Those both sounded like very interesting projects, but we got Confessions so I can't complain. I don't remember the Martin Gore rumour but that must have been exciting too. A Depeche Modonna era would have been something.

I mean there was always so many crazy rumors so who knows what's what. Also, AIR was meant to work with her for American Life! The one song they did ended up on their album and it would've been so dope had they had songs on American Life!

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yes, Hung Up and I Love New York were initially for the Besson musical, along with I'm in Love with Love which is still unreleased.

Meanwhile, How High and Devil Wouldn't Recognize You were initially made for Hello Suckers. Is This Love (Bon d'Accord) was reworked into Voices, and a very few lyrics from Miss You can be heard in Like It or Not. Also recorded for Hello Suckers are covers of Boum and If You Go Away.