Rufus Wainwright on being ignored by Madonna

Gutten

He's been talking about M quite a lot over the years and it's always something negative. He probably holds a grudge because she ignored him, but he's not the first person to say M is rude and that she can be mean to people. Even the people who love her rarely say she's a nice person. So this is probably a case of two egos colliding.

He's been talking about M quite a lot over the years and it's always something negative. He probably holds a grudge because she ignored him, but he's not the first person to say M is rude and that she can be mean to people. Even the people who love her rarely say she's a nice person. So this is probably a case of two egos colliding.

Also see Boy George.

7 hours ago, Gutten said:

"[people like her] have these blinders on, so they don’t see context. I was ignored by her at a very small event where there were only a few people. It was just bizarre, and very rude in general. I’m not like that. You acknowledge everybody in the room, a little bit."

The rant that's about to follow is not me defending Madonna, it's about expressing my frustration about people who talk shit about you behind your back then expect you to smile and say hi.

JFC, I've had it with these assholes. For me, if a person that has been saying shitty things about me to my friends is invited to the same small gathering as me, I just don't go. I don't need that in my life, because these assholes expect me to say hi and then they'll use everything they hear there to talk more shit about me. 

However, I can understand why for someone focused on their career, they might attend such a thing to network. And yes, the only way to get through it is just to ignore the asshole. 

Then after reading what he said in print... I can't imagine being such a narcissist that you shit on another narcissist publicly and then expect them to be nice to you. 

P.S. Just don't talk shit about people, unless it's with your significant other who's a dead end for anything you say to them. And if you do, and they hear about it, don't expect them to say hi to you ever again, you asshole.

5 hours ago, deathproof said:

So Madonna was wrong to comment on Sindead O’Conner’s performance back in 93?

I don't remember what she said about Sinéad but Madonna has had bitchy and rude moments, yes, we all know that.

The fact that she's done it before doesn't make Rufus less unprofessional or gives him the right to do it himself.

What a surprise, Madonna not being Snow White. Even rocks know she's one of the baddest bitches Hollywood has ever seen, among with Marlene Dietrich, Joan Crawford, Greta Garbo, Bette Davis and Katharine Hepburn. All of them are ranked in the first 10 spots in the AFI's 25 greatest silver screen stars list and Madonna is widely known as one of the most influencing artists all time. Coincidences? I think not. 

Love them or hate them, there's not a third way. And I love all of them because they're true bad bitches. 

1 hour ago, rescueme said:

...remembers when Madonna performed a mix of Born This Way in with Express Yourself and She's Not Me. That was nice of her wasn't it.

I have literally seen not a single post from you with you being critical of her in some capacity.  What's the point?  You seem like a massive troll.

Ah, yes, another one of the pretentious gang ragging on good ol' M. Another day, another round of publicity for them.

From Wainwright, to John Cameron Mitchell, to Morrissey, to Elton, to so many others who come from that "we're real artists...thus we're inherently better than you" mentality/clique...it's no wonder she doesn't pay them no mind. She knows exactly who and what these types are, so best to avoid them. Because it's never enough with them. She could get in their good graces, and they'd still find a way to get their digs in, cause let's face it, everyone wants the throne (in some form or fashion), and the big cats just can't share a cage.

And isn't it ironic that they always mention some other pop diva they love, usually with a non-threatening/harmless/victimized image, who is often more than willing to befriend or butter up to them, or is somehow more truly 'talented' and the one actually deserving of her success. Not surprised it's usually someone as sweet, saccharine and inoffensive as Kylie (and I say that as someone who adores Ms. Minogue). But it's so transparent when they make those comparisons.

I've also thought that maybe Madonna has this sort of domineering, masculine energy that puts these queens off.

But what I really think it comes down to is the fact that they aren't her besties, her clique....they're not, were they ever, going to be in her gang...and it secretly makes their blood boil, because in some way, they actually feel entitled to exactly that. So while certainly M is no saint, they project this 'vicious queen' image onto her. But when it comes down it, it's actually a projection of them. It's always been them. They have always been the true vicious queens...and she knows it. As someone said above, these types are a dime a dozen, and in certain scenes, we know them, easily.

I don't blame her for paying them no mind. They don't deserve it.

5 hours ago, rescueme said:

...remembers when Madonna performed a mix of Born This Way in with Express Yourself and She's Not Me. That was nice of her wasn't it.

My favorite part was her not crediting Gaga or the writers and allegedly not paying to release the song 🤣 what was Gaga gonna do? Sue her for singing Born This Way and not credit her? It was mean tho how she didnt credit Whitney and give money to that estate

13 hours ago, G House said:

It's not the first time he's talked about her. I remember that back in the day when he was "famous" (2008 or so) he said that they met and she was mean to him so... Idk, he sounds kind of obsessed to me.

Wait, my bad, this was James Morrison :speakno:

Still, Rufus seems kinda obsessed anyway.

13 hours ago, Prayer said:

I mean:

Rufus Wainwright: 'Miley and Madonna was one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/aug/06/rufus-wainwright-interview-30-minutes-with

If he talks about her in public like this imagine how he must be in private.

Maybe she'd heard things like this about him and didn't even care to give him time - and rightfully so.

Honestly the Eltons of the world trying to get her attention by dissing her and then asking for forgiveness... it's so tiring now. Just grow up.

No, the average Joe could probably name A Song by Reg.
This guy, not so much.

7 hours ago, rescueme said:

Maybe she was pitching as a song interlude for the remake of Single White Female she was going to do with Gag

5 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Ah, yes, another one of the pretentious gang ragging on good ol' M. Another day, another round of publicity for them.

From Wainwright, to John Cameron Mitchell, to Morrissey, to Elton, to so many others who come from that "we're real artists...thus we're inherently better than you" mentality/clique...it's no wonder she doesn't pay them no mind. She knows exactly who and what these types are, so best to avoid them. Because it's never enough with them. She could get in their good graces, and they'd still find a way to get their digs in, cause let's face it, everyone wants the throne (in some form or fashion), and the big cats just can't share a cage.

And isn't it ironic that they always mention some other pop diva they love, usually with a non-threatening/harmless/victimized image, who is often more than willing to befriend or butter up to them, or is somehow more truly 'talented' and the one actually deserving of her success. Not surprised it's usually someone as sweet, saccharine and inoffensive as Kylie (and I say that as someone who adores Ms. Minogue). But it's so transparent when they make those comparisons.

I've also thought that maybe Madonna has this sort of domineering, masculine energy that puts these queens off.

But what I really think it comes down to is the fact that they aren't her besties, her clique....they're not, were they ever, going to be in her gang...and it secretly makes their blood boil, because in some way, they actually feel entitled to exactly that. So while certainly M is no saint, they project this 'vicious queen' image onto her. But when it comes down it, it's actually a projection of them. It's always been them. They have always been the true vicious queens...and she knows it. As someone said above, these types are a dime a dozen, and in certain scenes, we know them, easily.

I don't blame her for paying them no mind. They don't deserve it.

All of this!

15 hours ago, rescueme said:

Rufus seemed to think Madonna lacked a sense of humor....

If you took that seriously, well maybe you're lacking  a sense of humor also.

17 hours ago, androiduser said:

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

On 6/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, Gutten said:

I love Rufus but in all fairness, he said something mean about her after seeing the DWT... like she was humourless.

And I wonder if he's talking about Marius De Vries

https://attitude.co.uk/article/rufus-wainwright-on-pride-parenthood-and-being-ignored-by-madonna-she-was-quite-mean-to-me-1/27210/?fbclid=IwAR3mendHn4MA2GNv5BnlPLVvhRAvy5WVxF7F2S7gdEUHKjRgtNZ6CtQ0dpI

Have you met Madonna?

[Groans] Um… Look, I’m fascinated by Madonna, as is the universe. I’ve had evenings with her. Nothing extensive, but little run-ins with her over the years, and she’s never been particularly… I’m on a weird part of her radar! I’m not quite a target, but I’m not a refuge either. Whatever. We’ve never had a great thing. But I admire her tenacity, and some of her songs are great. But she’s been quite mean to me a couple of times. But it’s like, join the list.

What happened?!

With her, as with certain other celebrities of that magnitude, they have a real tunnel vision. At intimate things she just doesn’t acknowledge me, doesn’t really see me. There was one little incident where she may have held something against me slightly, because I worked with someone who used to work for her, and they ended up leaving her: some political thing. But [people like her] have these blinders on, so they don’t see context. I was ignored by her at a very small event where there were only a few people. It was just bizarre, and very rude in general. I’m not like that. You acknowledge everybody in the room, a little bit.

You actually made a post about this? :Madonna051: