MEGARATE: Hard Candy era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted 

The first album without any 11/10 rating 🤷‍♂️ (however there is a big fat ZERO there) but I still rated many songs better than I expected 

And even if I consider it a totally average album (and the start of a quality decline in Madonna's career), for some reason it is a perfect summer album for me. Actually I have been listening to Hard Candy just today while walking from my office in 33 degrees of Celsium (91 Fahrenheit) and the flow from Heartbeat to Dance 2night is amazing. But once the summer is gone at the end of August, so is my Hard Candy tolerance. 😂

2 hours ago, Andreo said:

One of my favorite albums ever and the first I've ever known of her! I just need to relisten to Broken and I'll send my rightfully hugely high votes, so sorry for the basic h0es who don't get this masterpiece 💋

Kinda disappointed you didn't include Across the Sky and Latte tho :(

the basic hoes had been listen to her catalogue for a while before she hiccup this concoction , so there's some perspective to compare  :):kissy:

11 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

the basic hoes had been listen to her catalogue for a while before she hiccup this concoction , so there's some perspective to compare  :):kissy:

And I love all her catalog as well, I just don't find the evil everyone finds in this album, heck I even like MDNA for God's sake-

Anyways, Hard Candy AOTY idc

6 minutes ago, Andreo said:

And I love all her catalog as well, I just don't find the evil everyone finds in this album, heck I even like MDNA for God's sake-

Anyways, Hard Candy AOTY idc

I think more than evil it was the experience of when it came out and what it followed. She was in a strike of strong material and this one felt as an over production by the cool guys at the time. For me personally I was already bored of  Justin's Futurelovesounds , Neptunes and the samey sound that were producing for Nelly Furtado, Gwen Stefani. Like MDNA it was a bit dated when it came out. ( And I enjoyed MDNA when it came out) Also it kinda of started the tradition bulky albums with too many producers.

I think is sounds better now than it was then. I do despise 4 Minutes.

With this album I've even had to refresh some titles of the second half, not remembernig them cause I haven't listened to them for ages. I have confirmed that they don't say nothing to me nowadays either... There's two songs I love in this album, and another one which is not in it, and the rest... pretty low scores :)

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Hard Candy era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic