MEGARATE: Hard Candy era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Andreo said:

One of my favorite albums ever and the first I've ever known of her! I just need to relisten to Broken and I'll send my rightfully hugely high votes, so sorry for the basic h0es who don't get this masterpiece 💋

Kinda disappointed you didn't include Across the Sky and Latte tho :(

They will belong to another megarate. :)

• Enrico featured this topic

Who could despise the idea of working with true music legends like the PetShopBoys and decide to simply join the most popular producers (in the USA) at the time, wrongly thinking that she would achieve a successful album without the slightest effort or commitment? Well, Madonna, who apparently was more enthusiastic about future projects with a new label (Live Nation) and did not put the necessary dedication into this album and we not only saw it demonstrated in the production but also in the concept of the album (hard candy?) and even on the cover: too bland and simple for my taste.

Hard Candy breaks Madonna's trend of putting out wonderful albums since Ray of Light. It has some very catchy songs but the album itself does not transcend. For the most demanding fans, it does not end up meeting our expectations, something that Madonna herself had accustomed us to since Ray of Light. Unfortunate collaborations (except for Justin Timberlake), forgettable music videos and the lack of promotion of the album on TV make this era the least interesting in recent times. In conclusion, a candy so hard that to this day it is impossible for many to digest.

7 hours ago, Tony Fortin said:

It's done .............first time using a 0 since starting Megarates and have participated in all of them so far.......Some songs could have been saved with better production......I hadn't listened to it in full for years the whole thing remains unenthusiastic

Really? For me, the only song to which I would have given a well deserved zero would be Did you do it? from the album Erotica. By the way, I was already curious what score that song reached in the survey that I didn't get to participate or see the results, having so many gems that didn't make it to the final version and that should have been included such as Dear Father, Shame, Goodbye to Innocence, etc. . They preferred to include this song where Madonna seems to be the guest and not the owner of the album

On 6/27/2022 at 2:02 AM, chaosmen1984mk said:

Really? For me, the only song to which I would have given a well deserved zero would be Did you do it? from the album Erotica. By the way, I was already curious what score that song reached in the survey that I didn't get to participate or see the results, having so many gems that didn't make it to the final version and that should have been included such as Dear Father, Shame, Goodbye to Innocence, etc. . They preferred to include this song where Madonna seems to be the guest and not the owner of the album

Did You Do It? wasn't part of the game. :) Feel free to check the results here:

Best beats of madonnas career !!!! Ong 

4 minutes beat makes me wannna move that bussy and I also love the original beat goes on I remember flipping over it and was shocked at what they did to the original demo 

heartbeat should have been a single …. My favorite Madonna Album I actually can jam yo Spanish lesson too …. WERQ 

11 hours ago, DjKingBee said:

I also love the original beat goes on I remember flipping over it and was shocked at what they did to the original demo 

They fused the original The Beat Goes On demo with another demo written and produced by Pharrell called Silly Girl. This, with the added Kanye verse, resulted in the final album version present on Hard Candy, simply called Beat Goes On.

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Hard Candy era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic