• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

#17 – Spanish Lesson

Uux1pjP.jpg

- Average Rate : 4,76 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @poodle )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @HC Charge, @Tony Fortin, @Foreigner, @Nowheretohide, @Enrico, @TOpher, @Winn )

Spanish Lesson could have been a worthy successor to La Isla Bonita but its ridiculous lyrics, her disastrous pronunciation of the Spanish language and the grammatical horrors present in the lyrics definitely prevented it from being on the same level as that 80s classic. As a Latino I was offended to see how my language was mistreated but my anger was directed solely towards Pharrel as this was the composer whose intention was definitely to make fun of Latinos. The only good thing about this song was knowing that Madonna still has us in her heart since, as she herself admits, we are her most ardent and passionate fans, while in other parts of the world it seems that she is singing before a group of dissected people and with the same expressiveness as a stone.

49 minutes ago, bitchimmadonna said:

These Megarates make me realize how many people are truly insane lol

I agree, I am also surprised but at the same time it is fun to see how fanaticism towards Madonna can lead some to extremes such as madness and lack of control of their emotions and more when it comes to defending her. I'm sure Madonna greatly values this kind of fans who defend her and value her despite her mistakes. And who knows that Madonna herself enters this forum from time to time to entertain herself with the comments of her fans now that she is so involved in this social network thing. Maybe she will surprise us one day by sending greetings or mentioning this forum, it would be very exciting :hyper:

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

#2 – Celebration

fCRGUuH.jpg

- Average Rate : 8,41 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @MadonnaLove )

- Lowest Rate : 5 ( @EgoRod, @Holger, @desperateK

#1 – Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You

nWjcPM9.jpg

- Average Rate : 8,44 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @Jet, @Inco )

- Lowest Rate : 3 ( @desperateK )

Well, I didn't expext DWRY will be #1. I always even ignore this track on the album whenever I played this. I thought Give It To Me will be #1 😂

Celebration is great. Deserves to be on #2.

Thanks @Curtains

Interesting. At the end ballads win over dance tracks. Finally enough ballads!

It would be so nice to submit these megarate to Madonna herself and see Candy Shop regain positions :lol:

This time I didn't give any 11, but Spanish lesson really deserved a 0 - is it one of the lowest scores @Curtains

I think It's so cool would have charted better if we had ranked the original demo version.

7 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Imagine if the Hard Candy era started with Devil Wouldn't Recognize You.  👀

Tbh I think  it would have a created a different dynamic to the concept, having the slow ballad with Justin and later on the dance track. Maybe too much Justin but she kinda did the same with Maluma.  I think it could have work.

On 6/23/2022 at 6:00 PM, Curtains said:

Results:

#1 - 8,44 - Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

#2 - 8,41 - Celebration

#3 - 8,32 - Give It 2 Me

#4 - 8,24 - Miles Away

#5 - 7,77 - Beat Goes On

#6 - 7,65 - She's Not Me

#7 - 7,58 - 4 Minutes

#8 - 7,19 - Voices

#9 - 6,98 - Heartbeat

#10 - 6,89 - Revolver

#11 - 6,88 - Broken

#12 - 6,74 - Candy Shop

#13 - 6,39 - Dance 2Night

#14 - 6,06 - It's So Cool

You know, this would be the perfect tracklist for HC, at least for me. Add Across The Sky, and its perfect.

Thank you for another Megarate @Curtains! Waiting for the next one.

3 hours ago, Tony Fortin said:

I don't understand why  Dance 2Night is so low

The first verse is hard to listen to. The words are bad, the vocal delivery is bad, and the beat is bare bones at that point. The song is actually good when the chorus kicks in and everything is working together. But that beginning is rough. 

59 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

The first verse is hard to listen to. The words are bad, the vocal delivery is bad, and the beat is bare bones at that point. The song is actually good when the chorus kicks in and everything is working together. But that beginning is rough. 

I like the progression of Dance 2Night which keeps a certain interest until the end ...... listening to the whole album again for the megarate I was pleasantly surprised quite the opposite of She's Not Me which is full of breaks and variations but who end up losing in boredom.......

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

I agree. It should be super funky - instead it's just tinny and almost entirely unmemorable.

16 hours ago, Enrico said:

Interesting. At the end ballads win over dance tracks. Finally enough ballads!

It would be so nice to submit these megarate to Madonna herself and see Candy Shop regain positions :lol:

This time I didn't give any 11, but Spanish lesson really deserved a 0 - is it one of the lowest scores @Curtains

I think It's so cool would have charted better if we had ranked the original demo version.

From what I remember, Santa Baby is still the lowest rated track ever, with Freedom and Hey You being close behind.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic