Finally Enough Love: Chart Positions All Over The World.

baymad4her

4 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

FEL not even in the top 40 in the midweek chart in the UK :cry:

I'll copy what I posted yesterday on the Spotify thread:

The "Finally Enough Love" version released now won't chart yet, it doesn't have a chance. Streams are counted from Friday to Thursday, I think (depending on the country), but anyway she won't have enough streams to enter the charts. Legacy artists like her rely heavily on the physical sales still.

This strategy is weird and there's no way a now popular artist like, let's say Taylor, Adele, any of the biggest, would do this now, cause they generate enough streams to have a proper impact on their first week chart position, so they need the streaming + physical sales to have a great first week.

On Madonna's case, streaming is going to be a small piece of the 1st week pie anyway, so it's a good strategy having the Standard edition released a month a half previous to the general release, to try to bring some old school fans into streaming until August 19 is here. She's not losing anything - in any case she can only win in trying to get more fans into streaming and that way increase her numbers.

Her big week is going to be the week after August 19, she will have a strong debut with the physicals out.

Its a risky strategy cause the media may jump on that its a massive flop before it has really been released in full.   they never get their details right. Then when it does chart well on release week people will only remember the original headline. But i can see they would have thought this out and debated over it.  I think the album re-releases could be the same. Pushing all the legacy fans into streaming and then release a new album after all the re-releases. A lot of us will be more on board with streaming.  

A recent example is Gaga's Hold my hand.  It has charted quite well on digital sales charts but streaming has been low. So been barely able to  crack top 50 in most big markets.  It has a huge hit movie behind it as well. If the little monsters are not streaming as much as sales, imagine us.  we are a few decades behind them .

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

It’s a remix collection- so fans really think this is going to chart high when she can’t even crack top 40 or hot 100 ?? It’s not a new album and won’t have much promo behind it 🙄

Well we don’t know that yet. 
Warner seems more driven on music promotion than interscope ever was and they did a great job the past year.

I’m sure it will debut as number one because of all the physical sales

12 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

It’s a remix collection- so fans really think this is going to chart high when she can’t even crack top 40 or hot 100 ?? It’s not a new album and won’t have much promo behind it 🙄

I was wondering if she can be number one in dance club chart without releasing nothing new.

This will be, at least, Top 10 and Top 20 on most markets in August, thanks to the physicals. Easily Top 5 in the UK and the US.

Not only there are different regular editions (the Standard CD and the different 2 LP vinyls), we have the 3 CD Deluxe box set too and the 6 LP box set. All those physical sales will be counted on the 1st week and no doubt help the album to get good chart positions. It happened with "Madame X" and it was probably her lowest commercial point EVER, so now with Warner back on board and promo and being marketed as a greatest hits, there's now way this is gonna do bad. Now not only hardcore fans are the target, the general public too, and surely some of them will buy it.

In most countries this needs to be available in some sort of physical format to even chart,or at least on iTunes (as a digital download release) for it to chart ,  so far it's streaming only so it won't chart in those countries until August

21 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

There is a lot of promo planned - wait and see 

9 hours ago, Ian said:

In most countries this needs to be available in some sort of physical format to even chart,or at least on iTunes (as a digital download release) for it to chart ,  so far it's streaming only so it won't chart in those countries until August

I think this is the plan.  All the stream till then will be counted in first week of physical and digital sale.  Bigger bang

• 1 month later...

I’m not sure who this thing is supposed to actually appeal to. Even fans seem mixed on the idea. It seems like it would work better as a Spotify exclusive or something. A package like this would make more sense during the time of a world tour. I’m still waiting for those studio album re-releases. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...