Warner/Interscope/GuyO/Gomest blaming

Redha DBL

3 hours ago, Drownedboy said:
The world is changing so much. Tell me If i´m wrong, I have almost 40, but I feel latest generation do not give a damn in general about anything  pre 2017 ( I was going to say 2010 but that was a understament!!) They do not know who she is or anybody not current, and they don´t give a damn. I always knew Elvis or the beatles and I´m not contemporary to those, and I knew their music. I mean, the world is changing A LOT. 

And wh0 Madonna was, for sure she is not anymore, to the general public.

My nephew is 14 and thinks Madonna is corny yet fascinating, and is into Material Girl and Express Yourself, so...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Redha DBL

I remember clearly when M left Warner for Interscope most of her fanbase was so happy cause they blamed Warner for bad management, and now people blame Interscope for bad management and are happy she's back with Warner... just like they blame Guy Oseary for bad management too... It's been years i hear complaints about her being the victim of bad management from everyone around her. Sorry but i seriously begin to question myself. What if things are excatly like how M herself want them to be ? and

Prayer

Of course she's Madonna and has the final say over her final product and the way she presents herself to the world. But some of that blaming is legit and other is not, in my opinion. Warner Circa 2008/2009: not gonna lie, I was one of those that thought Warner was abandoning her. The "Hard Candy" promotion after the first single wasn't the best and by the time "Miles Away" was released and was a major flop (except in Japan) something was off. I guess they gave up, since she was leaving anyw

RUADJAI

I think there's a level of attention to detail that's missing and I think that comes down to the music industry not making the money it used to. This means she doesn't have the expansive team of people she used to.  It also accounts for the weird marketing strategies that are just out of touch with society like Meerkat, Grindr, WOW NFTs, and exorbitant ticket prices for an underfunded, underdeveloped theatre show. Instead of using choreographers, I'll just let my dancers be the choreographers. I

Posted Images

8 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I wonder if the "double image" cover would have been, if not necessarily more beautiful, at least more original and less a bad copy of "Celebration"?

Aldo-FOTO-7-Artes-geradas-por-Aldo-segui

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

I wonder if the "double image" cover would have been, if not necessarily more beautiful, at least more original and less a bad copy of "Celebration"?

Aldo-FOTO-7-Artes-geradas-por-Aldo-segui

2, 3 or 7 would've been brilliant. Going through his Instagram for the first time in a while, all I see is a very persistent amateur. I will never, ever, understand how he got such high profile work, other than the obvious obsession with her as a subject. Jesus H. Christ, how bad is this?!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbSFBL7jFrM/

12 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Do we know if Live Nation is happy about their results with Madonna? I know her records have flopped basically, but what about her concerts? I think the three tours have been quite succesful, at least economically.

According to this:

"On the albums side, (...) Madonna would have to sell around 15m copies of each of the concert promoter's three albums to recoup its investment on that piece of the deal, industry experts calculate. She has only done that three times in her career and the last time was almost two decades ago with Immaculate Collection."

I doubt they were pleased with the results.

11 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

2, 3 or 7 would've been brilliant. Going through his Instagram for the first time in a while, all I see is a very persistent amateur. I will never, ever, understand how he got such high profile work, other than the obvious obsession with her as a subject. Jesus H. Christ, how bad is this?!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbSFBL7jFrM/

They are more affordable and eager to work for less in exchange for recognition. 

I guess I didn't expect the verging-on-billionaire-status Madonna to be a cheapskate with such things, compared to pretty much every other pop artist on the planet. I know you're all tired of me referencing Pet Shop Boys all the time, but their artwork has been designed by Farrow Design for decades now, and the results have been, if not always successful, at least classy and professionally done.

This was their greatest hits compilation 20 years ago. The only one that truly compares in Madonnaworld was "The Immaculate Collection". image.png.d205224f0ddbb6a9a968811964e6555b.png

These were their deluxe editions.
image.png.60c2ebbf66bbb43705d58d50c1ff752d.png

Super limited edition of their album
image.png.49b5fe0e16294d362c31f2964e05104b.png

A lovely 12'' single
image.png.21f1553c2360a0fa76b53d617033f279.png

I still stand by what I said, her singles artwork has rarely been any good, but you could at least rely on her album artwork being great. And now we have Aldo Diaz designing her only compilation in a decade...

15 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

It’s the same project though. All her albums since MDNA had a standard cover and deluxe cover but that doesn’t mean they were different albums.

Is it true that the mock-up of the boxset Brendon posted on IG is the initial concept that Madonna approved before it was switched to Aldo’s design?

I suppose no one is looking at the products and roll out that hard when the numbers and chart positions keep coming in. Warners made plenty of questionable choices in their time managing Madonna’s releases. 
Lack of videos for Angel / Rescue Me 

Where’s The Party not being a 6th single of her biggest album ever after La Isla Bonita was a worldwide smash even as 5th single. (Truly her lost great single)

Spotlight not being an official single was so so so odd. 

Sooner Or Later should have been a single. Oscar winner. 

Agreeing to tie up Blond Ambition concert with a shit format that stopped a wide release.

lack of full releases for American Pie / Beautiful Stranger in the US failing to chart. 

Time Stood Still being left on the shelf despite being one her her best ballads of all time. 

Some really lazy single covers where the last video still made the next single cover… completely incoherent. 

Take A Bow Uk cd release with lack of buying incentive ruining her top ten run. 

Dress You Up really should have been on Immaculate. There’s arguments for True Blue and Who’s That Girl too but they decide opinion. Dress You Up not being there is just wrong. 

GHV2 being 15 tracks with no new material. Dumb. Time Stood Still was right there. Warner UK rereleased so many of her singles during the 80’s and 90’s and we just had Oh Father and Love Don’t Live Here Anymore rereleased not five years earlier. Weird weird weird. 

I think Warner were right not to release Impressive Instant as a single. Radio would have run a mile… “where is the chorus etc” . I love it but It’s just not single material but a double A would have worked as 4th single. However Amazing was completely the wrong choice. Gone was right there. 

We can’t underestimate the power of the soundtrack singles Madonna had during the Warner years and I wonder if their affiliation with the film industry really helped Madonna land those deals. The reach and omnipresence those songs gave her career cannot be underestimated. 

I have to say Warner picked the right singles 100% they were utterly flawless bar a couple that should have been released. Things really did go wobbly at American Life tho. The anti Madonna album. 

It’s also worth mentioning that a record company has never showed more faith in an artists ever than they did with Madonna around Erotica. It’s actually unbelievable that a huge corporation like Warner signed up to the entire project. Did they put her through the ringer afterwards? No doubt…but the faith they showed in the first place is unparalleled. We should never forget that. And they still delivered six singles and five amazing videos and my favourite tour ever. Hell of a flop era.  

All of this after the controversy and underperforming Like A Prayer album sales comparative to True Blues sales too. 

Reinvention Tour suffering the same fate as Blond Ambition. 

The abridged live albums. Why? And some of the tracks included! Weird. 

Hard Candy album cover. Weird. 

Miles Away…….The whole campaign. 

Celebartion … mess.

I could go on and some are personal opinions obviously but while the chart positions were still coming in most of us were beaming. 

as someone pointed out though the money metric changed and streaming put so many artists in the museum. Madonnas team had nailed the formula for the market for 25 years. They couldn’t navigate the world changing sadly. 

Interscope handled Gaga and they were doing an amazing game so the future looked bright but sadly the fit was shit and I think the yes men moved in. 

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

It’s the same project though. All her albums since MDNA had a standard cover and deluxe cover but that doesn’t mean they were different albums.

Is it true that the mock-up of the boxset Brendon posted on IG is the initial concept that Madonna approved before it was switched to Aldo’s design?

It's being managed as two different albums - from the press release:

To celebrate this historic milestone, Madonna curated two new collections: FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES, a new 50-track collection that includes her favorite remixes of those chart-topping dance hits that have filled clubs worldwide for four decades, and an abridged 16-track version, simply titled FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE.

Designs went back and forth between M, her team and Warner - Warner were seeking retro images to be used while M wanted one retro and one current so it was decided to go with Brendon's art for Finally Enough Love and Aldo's retro art for Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 

Everything she does is for money.

She has homes and staff to pay for. Her decisions sometimes are NOT artistic, but how much she can make.

Sticky & Sweet Part II? Get her divorce money back.

She does deals because friends need favours.

MDNA Skin...you think she came up with that? It was already made, they contacted her to promote it. She interfered and started changing things. Same with the perfume. And gyms. And clothes...

Once upon a time she married art and commerce well, now it's just money.

Does Aldo Diaz even get paid what a professional designer would? Of course not. Cheap labor. Cut corners. Penny pinch. 

2 hours ago, xrayeyes said:

Everything she does is for money.

She has homes and staff to pay for. Her decisions sometimes are NOT artistic, but how much she can make.

Sticky & Sweet Part II? Get her divorce money back.

She does deals because friends need favours.

MDNA Skin...you think she came up with that? It was already made, they contacted her to promote it. She interfered and started changing things. Same with the perfume. And gyms. And clothes...

Once upon a time she married art and commerce well, now it's just money.

Does Aldo Diaz even get paid what a professional designer would? Of course not. Cheap labor. Cut corners. Penny pinch. 

lol and Madame X was penny pinching too? She paid from her own pocket to make 4 expensive videos and she never got that money back.

She also paid for the Madame X tour and she could have easily cash in on the insurance money and cancel the tour instead of putting on show after show in terrible pain. 
She made no money from that tour either until the Paramount deal. 

The thought of "Gone" being a single gives me hives. If it was between that and "Amazing", at least the latter had potential for major remixes. One of which could have been a good single option like they did with the "WIFLFAG" and "Celebration" videos.

Unpopular opinion, but I don't think Music and AL had many great single options other than what was released. I know fans think tracks like "Nothing Fails", "Intervention", "Nobody knows Me" would have done well, but I just don't see it. I L-U-V (MADONNA!) them, but yeah.

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

lol and Madame X was penny pinching too? She paid from her own pocket to make 4 expensive videos and she never got that money back.

She also paid for the Madame X tour and she could have easily cash in on the insurance money and cancel the tour instead of putting on show after show in terrible pain. 
She made no money from that tour either until the Paramount deal. 

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

6 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

The thought of "Gone" being a single gives me hives. If it was between that and "Amazing", at least the latter had potential for major remixes. One of which could have been a good single option like they did with the "WIFLFAG" and "Celebration" videos.

Unpopular opinion, but I don't think Music and AL had many great single options other than what was released. I know fans think tracks like "Nothing Fails", "Intervention", "Nobody knows Me" would have done well, but I just don't see it. I L-U-V (MADONNA!) them, but yeah.

Awww I love Gone. I also think if they had used the tour video it would have been the first time an audience saw Madonna playing Guitar in one of her songs which would have set up the acoustic nature of what was to come in American Life nicely. 
Not every song needs a remix plus we already know there was a William orbit version that could have served as an alternative for the maxi. Plus she’s remixed enough ballads in her time so why not. Music only having three singles was weird after Ray Of Light had five. (American Pie does not count).

Especially as we were peak Madonna mania since 1990. 

In many ways it would have been slightly odd timing as the September 11th attacks would have taken place not long after it would have been released which would likely have been the August. So I’m kinda glad it didn’t. 

7 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

"Mother and Father" was the electro pop gem that was THE single. The production was fierce for the time.