Warner/Interscope/GuyO/Gomest blaming

Redha DBL

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

Awww I love Gone. I also think if they had used the tour video it would have been the first time an audience saw Madonna playing Guitar in one of her songs which would have set up the acoustic nature of what was to come in American Life nicely. 
Not every song needs a remix plus we already know there was a William orbit version that could have served as an alternative for the maxi. Plus she’s remixed enough ballads in her time so why not. Music only having three singles was weird after Ray Of Light had five. (American Pie does not count).

Especially as we were peak Madonna mania since 1990. 

In many ways it would have been slightly odd timing as the September 11th attacks would have taken place not long after it would have been released which would likely have been the August. So I’m kinda glad it didn’t. 

She did not played the guitar on Gone, but I deserve it.

Gone performance is the most emotional she has been on stage ever, probably, this and Love spent.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Redha DBL

I remember clearly when M left Warner for Interscope most of her fanbase was so happy cause they blamed Warner for bad management, and now people blame Interscope for bad management and are happy she's back with Warner... just like they blame Guy Oseary for bad management too... It's been years i hear complaints about her being the victim of bad management from everyone around her. Sorry but i seriously begin to question myself. What if things are excatly like how M herself want them to be ? and

Prayer

Of course she's Madonna and has the final say over her final product and the way she presents herself to the world. But some of that blaming is legit and other is not, in my opinion. Warner Circa 2008/2009: not gonna lie, I was one of those that thought Warner was abandoning her. The "Hard Candy" promotion after the first single wasn't the best and by the time "Miles Away" was released and was a major flop (except in Japan) something was off. I guess they gave up, since she was leaving anyw

RUADJAI

I think there's a level of attention to detail that's missing and I think that comes down to the music industry not making the money it used to. This means she doesn't have the expansive team of people she used to.  It also accounts for the weird marketing strategies that are just out of touch with society like Meerkat, Grindr, WOW NFTs, and exorbitant ticket prices for an underfunded, underdeveloped theatre show. Instead of using choreographers, I'll just let my dancers be the choreographers. I

Posted Images

16 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

lol and Madame X was penny pinching too? She paid from her own pocket to make 4 expensive videos and she never got that money back.

She also paid for the Madame X tour and she could have easily cash in on the insurance money and cancel the tour instead of putting on show after show in terrible pain. 
She made no money from that tour either until the Paramount deal. 

11 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

He's right about everything he said. 

How do we know she paid for all this herself. I find it hard to believe this business woman would do that unless she is making her money back in some way or another. I mean, if it is true, it would explain the sub par staging. But was this discussed somewhere before?

30 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

How do we know she paid for all this herself. I find it hard to believe this business woman would do that unless she is making her money back in some way or another. I mean, if it is true, it would explain the sub par staging. But was this discussed somewhere before?

Who else could have payed for the videos if it wasn’t herself? There were no product placement on any of the “Madame X” videos. And Interscope surely didn’t put a dollar there, remember all those products are copyrighted to Boy Toy, Inc. and Interscope just distributed them.

I 100% believe she put together a budget for the project and spent it. I even remember her joking during the “MDNA Skin” 2016-2017 promotion “buy this so I can make more music soon” or something like that (can’t remember exactly where now, sorry).

And the fact she repeated so many times that she wasn’t making any money with the “Madame X Tour”... she repeated that too many times to be a simple joke, but who knows.

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

For the videos that’s how music videos work. The label fronts the artist the money to make a video and then they take it from your share of the sale. And all those videos were high budget and the sales were very low so she probably ended up spending all the money she made on the videos.

For MXT I was lucky to get insight directly from people involved in production and privy to the tour financials. They said she’s footing the bill and her goal is to break even since she was very passionate to put on some sort of a tour for the album.

44 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

For the videos that’s how music videos work. The label fronts the artist the money to make a video and then they take it from your share of the sale. And all those videos were high budget and the sales were very low so she probably ended up spending all the money she made on the videos.

For MXT I was lucky to get insight directly from people involved in production and privy to the tour financials. They said she’s footing the bill and her goal is to break even since she was very passionate to put on some sort of a tour for the album.

It would make sense there were basically no new videos made for backdrops. 😢 One of the best things Madonna concerts used to have. 

11 hours ago, steady75 said:

Awww I love Gone. I also think if they had used the tour video it would have been the first time an audience saw Madonna playing Guitar in one of her songs which would have set up the acoustic nature of what was to come in American Life nicely. 
Not every song needs a remix plus we already know there was a William orbit version that could have served as an alternative for the maxi. Plus she’s remixed enough ballads in her time so why not. Music only having three singles was weird after Ray Of Light had five. (American Pie does not count).

Especially as we were peak Madonna mania since 1990. 

In many ways it would have been slightly odd timing as the September 11th attacks would have taken place not long after it would have been released which would likely have been the August. So I’m kinda glad it didn’t. 

That's true. And I agreed with everything else in your fantastic post and many of your other takes. Gone is not bad at all really and I do like that William Orbit mix. I will just froever be salty about Impressive Instant. I personally would have loved "Nobody's Perfect" as a single but don't know how that would go over lol 

You brought up 9/11 and it made me remember Enrique Englesias "Hero" , Mariah Carey "Hero", and Enya "Only Time" being played on a loop.

11 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

"Mother and Father" was the electro pop gem that was THE single. The production was fierce for the time. 

I loved it and the Rauhofer mix but I don't think it would have charted well. Even though some of the singles that didn't chart well are my personal faves like Bedtime Story, NRM, Hollywood etc.

16 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

"Mother and Father" was the electro pop gem that was THE single. The production was fierce for the time. 

I've always had a video treatment in mind for that song...

A red-stained black and white video, a la the American Life album colour palette.

Think along the lines of Queens Of The Stone Age - Go With The Flow but not animated.

The narrative is M as a little girl using various childhood symbols, but not in a depressing Oh Father way.

During the rap, she's playing hopscotch on the school playground, jumping to the rhythm.

"My mo-ther died when I was five and all I did was sit and cry, I cried and cried and cried all day..."

During the 'I've got to give it up...' chorus, there's a dance troup with jump rope on another part of the playground.

At one point she/the actor playing her as a child repeats the chorus lyrics on the class blackboard.

She's repeating them as a kind of mantra though, not as a punishment for being naughty.

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

I've always had a video treatment in mind for that song...

A red-stained black and white video, a la the American Life album colour palette.

Think along the lines of Queens Of The Stone Age - Go With The Flow but not animated.

The narrative is M as a little girl using various childhood symbols, but not in a depressing Oh Father way.

During the rap, she's playing hopscotch on the school playground, jumping to the rhythm.

"My mo-ther died when I was five and all I did was sit and cry, I cried and cried and cried all day..."

During the 'I've got to give it up...' chorus, there's a dance troup with jump rope on another part of the playground.

At one point she/the actor playing her as a child repeats the chorus lyrics on the class blackboard.

She's repeating them as a kind of mantra though, not as a punishment for being naughty.

damn i'm impressed. Not only i could totally see the video and hear the music while reading your script but now i WANT that video ! No kidding your description is the video for "Mother and Father", it's already a classic video in my mind ! Now i'm not only sorry she didn't release the song, o'm also sorry your video does not exist...